Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    when sargeras convince kil and archy to go to the dark side velen was offered the same but the night before they were accepted into the ranks of the burning legion velen had a vision of them growing huge and destroying everything so he flee with a few others and the rest its history

sargeras make em big but they can grow or make themselves smaller at will.

Seems that demonic power grantz the ability to grow giant

I mean, if you have played Warcraft 3 you would know that when Archimonde arrives to Azeroth he is big, but not as big as a giant,

In the last mission, where he run to the world tree, he is really really huge

Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post
    I always thought that it was only for aestetics and gameplay purposes, like every major character (and raid boss) are larger than normal
    but let be honest, who will be feared by a demon lord of our same size lol
    I actually loved the LK fight because he's not oversized like all the other raid bosses. Even Blackhand dies from being stabbed in the ankles like everyone else. But Arthas, he died from getting stabbed in the butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

“Archimonde stood as tall as Mannoroth, but that was where the likenesses ended. By any standard, he was far more handsome and in some ways resembled the night elves over whom he towered. His skin was a black-blue, and it took Varo’then a moment to realize that Archimonde surely had to be related to the Eredar warlocks.”

Excerpt From: Richard A. Knaak. “Warcraft: War of the Ancients #2: The Demon Soul.” Pocket Star Books. iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.

Archimonde was as tall as Mannoroth the Fat Demon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    Mannoroth the Fat Demon
    H-he's just big boned! Real Annihilan have curves!

Power
    UNLIMTED POWWWWWWWWWWWWWA!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    To people saying it's a gameplay mechanic, it's actually not for Archimode and Kil'jaden. In the ending cinematic of Warcraft 3, Archimode is seen climbing the World Tree. So, Archimode really was huge.

Deleted
    Hmm I always thought that when he first appeared on Kalimdor, he had maybe, 3-5 meters tall, but he was growing later. Info from WoWpedia is also:

"Archimonde smashed the magical gates guarding the World Tree and started climbing the Tree. He grew in size as he climbed, determined to destroy the World Tree and consume its energies. The demon lord paid no attention to the seemingly harmless wisps gathering nearby."

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Archimonde

For me also always it looked like that, that he first appeared not very huge, not more than 5 meters tall (Mannoroth in Canyon also wasn't very tall, Grom was able to jump and hit him right in the heart, so Archie and Manny indeed could have similar height), but then, the more power he was consuming, he was growing in size. And from maybe 5 meters tall, he could have even 15 on the final scene.

15+ Year Old Account
    Overcompensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    And from maybe 5 meters tall, he could have even 15 on the final scene.
    You're either confusing the size of a meter or forgot just how big he was in the end. 15 meters isn't even quite 50 feet. Archimonde was so large that trees looked like grass below him as showcased here. (Archy circled in blue due to oldass blurry cinematic.)

As these trees are fairly Earth-like and are uncut due to their Night Elven protected status, they'd be anywhere from 20 to 50 feet tall themselves. That would make him as much as 250 to 500 foot tall. That's 76 to 152 meters and I'm probably lowballing it.

Keep in mind, on the other end of the tree size spectrum are Redwoods which are... well, taller than you might think.
    This species includes the tallest living trees on Earth, reaching up to 379 feet (115.5 m) in height (without the roots) and up to 27.4 feet (8.4 m) in diameter at breast height / dbh.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2015-04-03 at 04:08 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, why are the warlords of draenor larger than normal orcs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamestar View Post
    Steroids, lots and lots of steroids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamestar View Post
    They're all boss-level NPC's, which gives them a considerable height/size boost so they can easily be singled out among their fellows.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They're all boss-level NPC's, which gives them a considerable height/size boost so they can easily be singled out among their fellows.
    Well, they could just have interesting design, but sure being giant works

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well, they could just have interesting design, but sure being giant works
    I still have issues with the 12-foot tall Jaina Proudmoore in the Battle for Mount Hyjal raid in CoT. Especially in light of the fact that I'm Horde and given her recent body-swerve into hatred she could opt to just step on me and have done with it if I weren't safely several years in the relative past at that point.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I still have issues with the 12-foot tall Jaina Proudmoore in the Battle for Mount Hyjal raid in CoT. Especially in light of the fact that I'm Horde and given her recent body-swerve into hatred she could opt to just step on me and have done with it if I weren't safely several years in the relative past at that point.
    On the bright side... there's a certain perspective of you being smothered with her giant boobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde and Kil'jaedan ,and other Eredar probably,can change their size using magic.

On the otherhand, VELEN IS PRETTY BIG.In Warcrimes Thrall notices that Velen is taller than any Draenei that he has ever seen.In Wolfheart novel its said that Velen stood a foot taller than Malfurion,who is a 7+feet tall nightelf and has footlong horns to boot,making Velen stand at 9 feet in height.IMO Velen is an Original Eredar ,while the Draenei are descendants of the original Eredar race,rather than being the exact same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    IMO Velen is an Original Eredar ,while the Draenei are descendants of the original Eredar race,rather than being the exact same.
    Most of the Draenei are eredar who fled Argus.
    “All but a handful of us know what we fled on Argus,” said Larohir. “We remember it. We remember what Kil’jaeden did, what happened to our people. We would—we will—happily die to preserve even a handful of our race uncorrupted.”
    --Rise of the Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Most of the Draenei are eredar who fled Argus.
    “All but a handful of us know what we fled on Argus,” said Larohir. “We remember it. We remember what Kil’jaeden did, what happened to our people. We would—we will—happily die to preserve even a handful of our race uncorrupted.”
    --Rise of the Horde
    Aaa...i see.my mistake then.hmm....but it still says only a handfull. We see in WoD that there were a lot of Draenei before the genocide by the Orcs.