Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Mage] Nostalgic talents in TBC

http://talenty.embracethedarkness.co...s.html?en&mage

Crazy how many choices you had. Obviously there was best choices. But still as a new player it was exciting.

i dont care that some of them were basically mandatory. I loved that system 9000 times more than this current setup.

And spell ranks. I liked spell ranks. Sure it doesnt work so great now that they've made it so you get like 10 levels an hour in the early game, but i really preferred it. I liked the idea of getting back to a hub town to train and feeling that reward of a power spike. Also downranking holy light healing on my paladin in end game.

I really have to say that improved fire ball would be my favorite. Just the thrill of receiving a .1 sec less cast time was amazing.

Yes, it gave you the illusion of options, but there was basically one or 2 specs that were good, and the rest sucked. Even the "bad builds" now days give players options to still be competitive in all but mythic raiding.

http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_8
    Selectable-patch talent calc, in case you fancy patches other than 2.4.3

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    I really have to say that improved fire ball would be my favorite. Just the thrill of receiving a .1 sec less cast time was amazing.
    0.1s more thrilling than getting nothing for 14 levels.

also .1s off your main nuke is a sick buff
    Last edited by solarfallz; 2015-03-17 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    old talents were infinitely better, doesn't matter that there were cookie cutter specs

10+ Year Old Account
    Talents were so cookie-cutter back then I even remember my old elemental shaman spec
    http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=2...51w5204301005j

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    old talents were infinitely better, doesn't matter that there were cookie cutter specs
    +1% crit was so life changing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    no but having certain abilities only avaiable to certain specs gave each spec a certain uniqueness

blood dks using anti magic zone ? lold

all warlock specs using shadowfury ? lold

etc
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-03-17 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Choices? 17/0/44 for pvp or 10/48/3 (later 2/48/11) for pve is a meaningful choice to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    http://talenty.embracethedarkness.co...s.html?en&mage

Crazy how many choices you had. Obviously there was best choices. But still as a new player it was exciting.
    Was good for leveling, was horrible for max level.
    Can't believe people are still talking about this like it was a good idea or is ever coming back.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

not mage specific, but going right back to TBC when class's had the choice to choose talents from all three or two branchs before hitting the last tier,

that I loved, playing how I liked playing. On my pally having a sword with a chance of a second strie, speccing into reckoning for a chance to strike again (half way down prot tree) then other talents into ret .... loved it wasnt fussed it wasnt awesome dps made levelling fun

Miss them so much;/ So much cooler, more meaningful and fun than the new talents. Also was really great being able to specc Arcane/frost if I wanted to. Reaaally miss making my own talent specc.

Quote Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
    Choices? 17/0/44 for pvp or 10/48/3 (later 2/48/11) for pve is a meaningful choice to you?
    With two piece tier 5 58/0/3 was a thing for a bit, then 40/0/21. Especially when fed innervates. 2600 DPS on Teron Gorefiend in nothing more than tier 5 gear was good times.

i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1...05005225105d1q

People don't know. When I started playing in BC. I thought I was the best healer with this build. I could heal, off tank, the works

I must say I do miss it in some ways. I mean it certainly didn't give a lot more (relevant/competitive) choices than the new system does, prolly less, but even being just an illusion it felt good, more as part of your character. New system is more like a "tool belt" where you just picks whichever talent fits best the fight you're about to enter.

With that said, the new system really isn't "that" bad, just feels more disconnected =P Certainly doesn't stop me from enjoying the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Well I guess you just hate getting a new piece of gear. "0.2% crit and 10 more damage on my main nuke? BORING!"

The old talent system was great because it allowed for more character customization; something the current iteration of WoW is sorely lacking (I don't think of transmog as meaningful character customization at all). I don't care if specs were cookie cutter or not, I personally enjoyed the ability to have more customization if I wanted to go a different path. I remember being able to tank 3 Drake Sartharion in blues because I was able to make a unique tri-spec build on a DK. Looking back, I think the only thing I really wanted in terms of specs was the ability to respec where I stood instead of having to drag my warlock to The Slaughtered Lamb. They've fixed that problem, but watered down specializations in the process. I understand that some people enjoy this new spec system and that it's a nice quality of life change for those people, but I'd personally love to be able to customize my character more than I can today.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Was good for leveling, was horrible for max level.
    Can't believe people are still talking about this like it was a good idea or is ever coming back.
    I love how the Warcraft Justice Warriors are always here spreading their arrogance. If you don't agree with the OP, why not just post your reasons instead of being passive aggressive or flat out attacking people with a different opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Well I guess you just hate getting a new piece of gear. "0.2% crit and 10 more damage on my main nuke? BORING!"
    A bad comparision. You can get gear upgrades thousands of times during your playtime, a new talent point opens up only once. Once you have spent it, it's just meh and forget (esp. if it was those dull passives).