[Balance] New to boomkin, need help improving!

Hello community! I am a relatively new boomkin player, having just started raiding as a boomkin in 6.0, and I am looking for some advice on how to improve. I feel like I have a strong opener and my dps is good for the first minute or so through any given fight and then it just plummets afterwards. I have some logs from my guild run last night for analysis - I am also new to these logs so I am unfamiliar with how to read them - so any advice on that would be excellent as well.

Things to also note - my ilvl is 676 but I have no set pieces and I think sub optimal trinkets, so this could be part of the reason for my dps. (I also died on Flamebender...so don't look at that one)

warcraftlogs.com/reports/f47ZRNqa9GdpPkBv

Thank you for taking the time to help! I have been lurking the forums here for a while and this is my first post - glad to be a part of this community.

Friendly bump - still looking for advice!

Deleted
    Would you mind describing your opener? I'm seeing a different opener pretty much every fight.

Looking at your armory (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dhard/advanced if anyone else what to have a look I might as well post the link for them), the biggest thing is you run with Balance of Power. Euphoria is the go-to talent on every fight (except maidens) in BRF. Set bonuses would obviously help, but Goren Soul Repository is a great trinket for balance, Shards of Nothing, not so much, so if you have a bunch of gold you could replace that with a stage 4 DMF/alchemy trinkets, otherwise you could just wait until you can grab the trinket off of Darmac or the trinket from Blackhand, both excellent trinkets for balance. For some absolute min-maxing you could also go with the best enchants and gems, but that's not gonna give you a huge dps increase. You also have crit on your cloak, as balance you generally want to go with mastery, but the difference is not really that big.

Hey Crysthalica - Accidental logout there with BoP, we were clearing Heroic Maidens and I heard that it was the go to for that fight for the long lasting adds. I typically run Euphoria on every other fight though.

My opener is usually (at least I try):
    2.5 - Inc + Pot
    1 - cast Starfire
    0 - CA + moonfire
    -1 starsurge
    rotation

I think I need to improve on this as well though as I am not very consistent. Could you also tell if I am messing up the rotation a lot during the fights as well or just the opening?

Thanks for the first reply!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedhard View Post
    Hey Crysthalica - Accidental logout there with BoP, we were clearing Heroic Maidens and I heard that it was the go to for that fight for the long lasting adds. I typically run Euphoria on every other fight though.

My opener is usually (at least I try):
    2.5 - Inc + Pot
    1 - cast Starfire
    0 - CA + moonfire
    -1 starsurge
    rotation

I think I need to improve on this as well though as I am not very consistent. Could you also tell if I am messing up the rotation a lot during the fights as well or just the opening?

Thanks for the first reply!
    Precasting your starsurge for trinket procs is important when using RPPM trinkets.

My rotation

Inc+POT 2.5-3 sec
    Starsurge 1 sec prepull
    CA+Moonkin as boss is pulled
    Starfire
    Starfire
    Normal Rotation

also I'm assuming you don't have 4 set because you only used CA twice in 5 minutes. 4 set is really important especially for fights like flamebender for dogs.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2015-03-23 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Precasting your starsurge for trinket procs is important when using RPPM trinkets.

My rotation

Inc+POT 2.5-3 sec
    Starsurge 1 sec prepull
    Starfire
    Starfire
    Normal Rotation
    Could you also proc the trinkets with Solar Beam? (The silence)

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    Could you also proc the trinkets with Solar Beam? (The silence)
    no you need to proc them prepull. solar beam would pull the boss.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ras&source=120

look how both my trinkets and my ring all proc back to back on pull. RPPM trinkets work in a way that their internal proc chance resets on boss pull. Therefore allowing you to guarentee yourself back to back procs on pull 95% of the time by precasting a travel time ability before combat starts.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2015-03-23 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post

My rotation

Inc+POT 2.5-3 sec
    Starsurge 1 sec prepull
    Starfire
    Starfire
    Normal Rotation

also I'm assuming you don't have 4 set because you only used CA twice in 5 minutes. 4 set is really important especially for fights like flamebender for dogs.
    Oh very good information - I didn't know starsurge would have a higher priority for precast than starfire. I will give this a shot tonight!

I do not have 2pc or 4pc yet...I am newer to my guild so I have very little epgp compared to everyone else. Soon though I should have them!
    Thanks for the reply and helpful info!

Hello all - I am back again! After last night's 8/10 clear I have some more logs to look at...I feel like I have cleaned up my opener quite a bit - with the exception of Iron Maidens. However I still think I am going wrong somewhere on these fights...I think my Gruul DPS is especially low, as well as flamebender and kromog kills.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lm38QbchpPHwGMkR#source=12&view=rankings&fight=1

Any and all advice that could be provided is greatly appreciated!

Deleted
    current raid for boomies are designed in a way that you need tiers.

tell your guild to get a new loot system, if you are new you might be a trial nothing there then but really

loot is a raiding tool.

anyway, it's pointless to discuss why your doing bad or good when you don't have the needed tools for raiding. my point is SoO you couldn't raid without a legendary cloak. once we get a legendary ring, it would be horrible for everyone to raid without the ring.

so yeah get your tier pieces. and then decide for yourself. if your doing bad or good.

boomie dps is really a no brainer. all that you need to know is where you are on the eclipse the sec you are finished casting a spell. and to keep your dots up. there is nothing more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    current raid for boomies are designed in a way that you need tiers.

tell your guild to get a new loot system, if you are new you might be a trial nothing there then but really

loot is a raiding tool.

anyway, it's pointless to discuss why your doing bad or good when you don't have the needed tools for raiding. my point is SoO you couldn't raid without a legendary cloak. once we get a legendary ring, it would be horrible for everyone to raid without the ring.

so yeah get your tier pieces. and then decide for yourself. if your doing bad or good.

boomie dps is really a no brainer. all that you need to know is where you are on the eclipse the sec you are finished casting a spell. and to keep your dots up. there is nothing more to it.
    I agree about the ring and tiers, but saying its a no-brainer is maybe obvious to you or me, but not everyone thinks that way. When i run LFR on alts or such i always see people playing a "faceroll-class" completly wrong and what not, some appreciate the whispers i give them, some not. But dont put everyone in the same boat just because you think so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeft View Post
    I agree about the ring and tiers, but saying its a no-brainer is maybe obvious to you or me, but not everyone thinks that way. When i run LFR on alts or such i always see people playing a "faceroll-class" completly wrong and what not, some appreciate the whispers i give them, some not. But dont put everyone in the same boat just because you think so.
    my point was more that he should be receiving the raid tools before anything else, after all we do have a well written boomie guide to answer all his questions. it's a forum. it's always recommended that you read stickies. So i believe i do have the right to point it out as well.

the biggest issue on his dps is that his raid tools are horrible. and he should know this, not for be ashamed or bashed, but because he needs to understand that it requires changes.

we all been there done that. but we all also did manage to move on.