Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Other than Mythic Sorka boat and Blackhand balconies, in which case the answer is chickens. From the moon. With laser beams.
    I knew our recruiting had gaps....

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Actually monks, and Druids specced DoC bury discs. Druids can burst 50-80k. Monks have a high sustained atonement, and burst with the cat.
    What...?

A Druid specced DoC will bury a Disc Priest any day, but sure as hell is not bursting 80k. Heart of the Wild would be the required talent for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Sending good cleave DPS over to boats that aren't Sorka's(and even here it isn't the kind of cleave WW does best on) is a waste.
    And what does WW do on those boats that other melee(or ranged) don't do just as well or better?
    1. Depending on your kill strategy you often have to stop DPS on the main platform. See https://youtu.be/4gdv82b6jHM?t=8m28s at certain damage levels this makes the final push much easier.
    2. WW can pool TeB stacks for the boat specifically. I top damage on the boat when sent over. Perhaps you're doing it wrong when you get sent over?
    3. There are two "hard" parts to mythic maidens. The boat and the final burn. Everything else is nearly irrelevant.

Sending top damage over to the boat isn't a waste. Your damage on the platform looks great on the meters but doesn't really help you win the fight.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The boss while looking like a huge DPS race, really isn't that much of a DPS race. If you optimize way too much on cleave you're going to find awkward moments where you suddenly have to sit around and do nothing. Part of our strategy, but we sit around for like 45 seconds on Mythic doing nothing, which makes single target specs all the more powerful on the true part of the encounter (the last 20%).

Disc priests are much more powerful downstairs. Priests in general can shed penetrating shot, while other healers can't. Disc priests also don't have true throughput, where other healers can. Druids are absolutely amazing healers on boats, and depending on strategy you can have them do the first and third boat with HoTW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    What...?

A Druid specced DoC will bury a Disc Priest any day, but sure as hell is not bursting 80k. Heart of the Wild would be the required talent for that.

Meh. Whatever, I don't play druid. Point is there's no sense sending a disc when 2 other healers are better.

Deleted
    3 Hunters, 1 Druid Healer and 1 Death Knight Tank (4th hunter on the boat that does not need a tank)