Deleted

My very own Shadow Priest thread .... (cuz I need help)

Hello community,

I'm starting my own thread because I need specific answers and I honestly don't have time to sift through 23049820398 threads to find answers that can be strewn across many different posts. I've played this class for many years and am completely comfortable with it, but I am finding the other Spriest in my guild out DPSing me by a large margin. This is the first time I have ever encountered this and it's making me a very sad panda. I get that guys are generally more analytical and level headed when it comes to gaming. (generally) So, I'd give him a couple K just for that, but he is literally tearing it up now doing at least 9k more than I am. Does that fact that he has 7 sockets make that much of a difference? He's only a couple ilvls higher than I am but he out stats me on everything except mastery. We are generally using the same talents, strategy, etc. Would anyone be willing to check our logs and tell me what I am doing wrong? ANY tips on how I can close the gap would be GREATLY appreciated! If you don't have anything helpful to say though, please don't bother to respond at all. Thanks in advance

Me: Kyllandra Silvermoon EU
    Him: Chèm Silvermoon EU

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-03-19 at 12:41 AM.

From the logs linked above, it's clear that you just don't know how to play AS on multi-target fights, and you do massively better on fights you go COP for (Thogar, Gruul, H&F rankings are way above your single digit performances on the others). So the expansion dropped, you learned COP, and now that AS is good with BRF fights and BRF gear, you fell off a cliff.

Time to learn AS, then. Your basic priority is to mind blast on cooldown, keep shadow word pain up on all possible targets, and spend your shadow orbs with plagues before you cap out and start wasting them (the AS weakaura is nearly mandatory to show you how many orbs you have incoming from AS). Anything else (VT, Mind Flay/Insanity, Surge of Darkness proc mind spikes, whatever) are secondary concerns. Get a unit health bar addon that will show your dots on the floating name plates, and just keep scanning for your dot durations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    From the logs linked above, it's clear that you just don't know how to play AS on multi-target fights, and you do massively better on fights you go COP for (Thogar, Gruul, H&F rankings are way above your single digit performances on the others). So the expansion dropped, you learned COP, and now that AS is good with BRF fights and BRF gear, you fell off a cliff.

Time to learn AS, then. Your basic priority is to mind blast on cooldown, keep shadow word pain up on all possible targets, and spend your shadow orbs with plagues before you cap out and start wasting them is nearly mandatory to show you how many orbs you have incoming from AS). Anything else (VT, Mind Flay/Insanity, Surge of Darkness proc mind spikes, whatever) are secondary concerns. Get a unit health bar addon that will show your dots on the floating name plates, and just keep scanning for your dot durations.
    It's funny you should say that because I feel like my single target it WAY worse and I have all but completely abandoned CoP. *checking to see if those logs are recent* Actually, I feel like I am keeping my dots up quite well particularly on Maidens. I have been using Mindbender and Power Infusion on it tho and not the popular talents for it. I do think that I am wasting orbs though and I have installed the weak aura for it. Also, I am definitely NOT MBing on cooldown. I figured I only needed to do that to generate orbs and not as an actual dps booster especially since it has an actual cast time in AS and I have shit for haste. So I wasn't using it much because it feels like I have more orbs than I know what to do with anyway. Doing maidens tonight, so I'll come back and report if the weak auras was helpful. Can you suggest a unit addon that is clean and simple? I've been looking and there are lots out there but they look like the crap. The last thing I need is a cluttered screen. Thanks very much for you help! All advice is valuable to me and very welcome. Truly appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

So I just checked the logs Antenora posted and it's not even showing the Iron Maiden kills. So, as far as I can tell, that shits not up-to-date or am I looking at it wrong?

Deleted
    He even used less int pots also, meaning he didnt pre pot or he just prepoted.
    I also think 7 procs of BH trinket is better than 3ish twins trinket uses.
    He cast MB almost twice as much and that will make his 4 set to be upp longer periods of time, SPs are easy to play hard to master.
    When we start slacking in rotations or others stuff goes wrong alot of abilitys chained together is draging us down.

I had around 60-70k on a darmac try and we wiped in the middle, next try i had around 50k couse i messed up some, its not even funny how RNG and rotation unfriendly preists are.