Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you'd play Blood DPS with the same setup without tanking how much DPS would you loose probably? I know Verestrasz is playing Blood DPS on IM and BF and I just wonder if you'd accidently pull aggro when you try to do max DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    If you'd play Blood DPS with the same setup without tanking how much DPS would you loose probably? I know Verestrasz is playing Blood DPS on IM and BF and I just wonder if you'd accidently pull aggro when you try to do max DPS.
    I guess you could just go UH presence to avoid pulling aggro. The 20% haste would probably help as well. Also the RP generation doesn't rely on taking damage, so it should be irrelevant whether you tank or not for BoS to work. You just need to be blood specced in order to gain RP from MS proccs.

You lose 15% damage from not being in Blood Presence, so Frost/Unholy presence don't work.

Also, it's best to actually tank while using BoS owing to parry haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    You lose 15% damage from not being in Blood Presence, so Frost/Unholy presence don't work.

Yeah exactly this. I wonder how much you'll lose for not having parry haste boosting your DPS. And I am just afraid messing up the tanking department when I'd maybe accidently pull aggro while doing high DPS as blood.

Quote Originally Posted by cujoe View Post
    I guess you could just go UH presence to avoid pulling aggro. The 20% haste would probably help as well. Also the RP generation doesn't rely on taking damage, so it should be irrelevant whether you tank or not for BoS to work. You just need to be blood specced in order to gain RP from MS proccs.
    As mentioned you gain RP from tanking, specifically tanking lots of things / fast hitting things. On top of that there's the concern I assume for making it more awkward for the healers having to deal with a third tank randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    He tanks on blast furnace. IM he doesn't and Gruul he tanks.

Blood is obviously just strong as shit on IM over the dps specs. You don't even need to tank on that fight to keep it up the amount of AMS soaking on that fight is unreal. Bombs, Blood Ritual(even if you get the debuff it wont matter because hes a tank), and turret debuffs in last phase.

You will basically lose nothing if you aren't tanking its all rng in the end with how many chains vs death strikes. Obviously the better ratio in favor of death strikes is more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    He tanks on blast furnace. IM he doesn't and Gruul he tanks.

Blood is obviously just strong as shit on IM over the dps specs. You don't even need to tank on that fight to keep it up the amount of AMS soaking on that fight is unreal. Bombs, Blood Ritual(even if you get the debuff it wont matter because hes a tank), and turret debuffs in last phase.

You will basically lose nothing if you aren't tanking its all rng in the end with how many chains vs death strikes. Obviously the better ratio in favor of death strikes is more damage.
    yeah as I'm next @ IM Progress I really wanted to try out Blood DPS there. Thanks for clarifying this. I just don't want to be "that" guy who pulls constantly aggro from tanks and everyone is like "why are you blood specced".

Unless your tanks are terrible at dps. Luckily you can swap to Garan since that mob doesn't actually do anything if threat really is an issue early on.

Ideally you get blood ritual debuff and AMS ones when you have the debuff(just try not to take the physical part). Also when bomb phases happens stand on the first bomb blowing up and AMS just before it blows and then move into another one. Its more RP than you can hold... but why not since it will allow for that many less Chains to keep breath up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post

While I agree that 15% damage is a lot, I wonder how this compares to 20% increased haste in UH presence taking into account that you reduce the number of CoI casts in favor of DS and you have a more reliable uptime of BoS due to increased RP generation from auto attacks. Anybody here good at writing simcraft APLs and cares to simulate the two cases? I'm pretty sure the difference between BP and UHP is not as clear cut as some people might think. But maybe I'm wrong.

Deleted
    While I agree that 15% damage is a lot, I wonder how this compares to 20% increased haste in UH presence taking into account that you reduce the number of CoI casts in favor of DS and you have a more reliable uptime of BoS due to increased RP generation from auto attacks. Anybody here good at writing simcraft APLs and cares to simulate the two cases? I'm pretty sure the difference between BP and UHP is not as clear cut as some people might think. But maybe I'm wrong.
    You can change the presence that you "tank" in in SimC. I did this to the BoS rotation I made for Blood. Was a 4k DPS increase according to SimC, 32k in Blood Presence -> 36k in Unholy Presence

I should clarify that this is in Unholy's DPS gear (Mythic.)
    Last edited by mmoc147aee25cf; 2015-03-25 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    You can change the presence that you "tank" in in SimC. I did this to the BoS rotation I made for Blood. Was a 4k DPS increase according to SimC, 32k in Blood Presence -> 36k in Unholy Presence

I should clarify that this is in Unholy's DPS gear (Mythic.)
    Does your APL try too keep BoS up as long as possible with CoI and stuff? If so would you care to share it on pastebin or dropbox? I would like to play around with it a bit myelf.

Also is this for single target? I guess BP will win on multi target though because the additional DS granted by UHP don't scale with the number of adds while 15% increase to BoS does.

Deleted
    Does your APL try too keep BoS up as long as possible with CoI and stuff? If so would you care to share it on pastebin or dropbox? I would like to play around with it a bit myelf.

Also is this for single target? I guess BP will win on multi target though because the additional DS granted by UHP don't scale with the number of adds while 15% increase to BoS does.
    http://pastebin.com/yijyF3tk

I tested on multi-target as well. UP is still the stronger presence to sit in. 67k -> 72k - 3 target cleave