Page 1 of 79
... LastLast

Man forced ex-girlfriend to miscarry after secretly feeding her abortion pills

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10105953.html

Hoo Boy this one kind of muddy situation. On the one hand you have a guy that was already a single father. He knocks up his Ex and she says that abortion isn't an "option". So the guy feels trapped and does a real shitty thing and laces her smoothy with abortion pills. Now they want to give him seven years.

On the one hand I feel bad for the guy. I'm not sure how I would react in that circumstance being backed into a corner and probably facing child support payments.

I also feel bad for the girl who was drugged and lost her baby.

Does this guy deserve seven years behind bars? I think that's too harsh. He probably deserves some form of punishment but what do you really even charge a person with in this situation? Assault?

EDIT:Wow this thread really blew up while I was asleep! Somebody posted an update to the case
    http://www.thelocal.no/20150317/man-...-pill-smoothie

Looks like they were originally going to charge him with inflicting serious bodily harm and terminating a pregnancy without the mothers consent which both carry a maximum sentence of 21 years. So it seems like he took a plea bargain for 6 years and was ordered to pay the women 200,000 kroner ($24,100, €22,700) for her suffering.
    Last edited by jimlow; 2015-03-19 at 01:20 PM.

I'm pretty sure attempting to poison someone is a crime no matter how "trapped" you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading a similar story on here a while back about a guy who did something similar.
    "I can't afford child support..better poison her"

Seven years is fair. What he did was pretty vile.

I've thought about doing this too every time my girlfriend in high school thought she was pregnant. Glad it never came up, didn't have to test myself.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Always wrap your junk. Never believe her when she says she's on the pill.

That's what I would think at first. But poison is usually an attempt at one persons life. Since this was a fetus still its gets murky. And technically the pills are not poisonous to the mother otherwise she wouldn't survive and this would be a simple case of homicide.

Use contraception next time, if it fails then I'll feel bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Always wrap your junk. Never believe her when she says she's on the pill.
    This sentence encapsulates just why I want male birth control so badly.

I don't care how bad your case of Oppressed White Male Victim Complex is, you don't have the right to do what this manchild did.

People get less time for murder and rape 7 years seems excessive. Give him a smoothie for a job well done and let him get on with his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    That's what I would think at first. But poison is usually an attempt at one persons life. Since this was a fetus still its gets murky. And technically the pills are not poisonous to the mother otherwise she wouldn't survive and this would be a simple case of homicide.
    I'm pretty sure that secretly causing another person to ingest almost anything falls under "poisoning"; whether the thing they ingest is "poison" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I don't care how bad your case of Oppressed White Male Victim Complex is, you don't have the right to do what this manchild did.
    Where did this nonsense come from?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I'm pretty sure that secretly causing another person to ingest almost anything falls under "poisoning"; whether the thing they ingest is "poison" or not.
    So if I gave you tuna salad and told you it was chicken salad I'd be poisoning you?

Sounds like murder. Jury only gave him seven years?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    So if I gave you tuna salad and told you it was chicken salad I'd be poisoning you?
    Yes if you knew it had gone bad and the person would become ill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Cute.
    I suppose if I were allergic to tuna, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sounds like murder. Jury only gave him seven years?
    You can't charge someone for murder for somebody who doesn't exist as a person.

Seven years sounds fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    I dunno about Norway but procuring miscarriage would be a possible charge in the UK although iirc it's rarely used.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2015-03-19 at 02:42 AM.