View Poll Results: Should there be another physical ranged class?

Voters
539. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

378 70.13%
  • No.

161 29.87%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    you can't even auto shot anymore as a warrior/rogue.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I want a ranged Rogue (Dark Ranger) or a Tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    You can but why would you ever do that? It's like 2k damage more and takes precious time out of a prepot, as you'd have to suffer the gcd from weapon switching before you could charge.

It'd be Mail as that has the least competition. 3 classes use Plate (Warrior/Paladin/DK), 3 classes use Leather (Druid/Rogue/Monk), 3 classes use Cloth (Priest/Warlock/Mage) and 2 classes use Mail (Hunter/Shaman).
    Nevermind the damage, considering protection warriors have http://www.wowdb.com/spells/157479-i...d-heroic-throw

7+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter and Dark Ranger are nothing alike. Go play Warcraft 3 and you will see the difference.

They're alike in that if either ever became an actual class I (along with millions of others, I'm sure) would immediately reroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Why did they remove it? Think of the role players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Dark ranger already fills the ranged melee rogue hybrid and they have toyed with the idea already. I would put my bet on it as the next class more than any other one.

- - - Updated - - -

Demon Hunter and Dark Ranger are nothing alike. Go play Warcraft 3 and you will see the difference.
    So list the differences.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Dual wield pistols or mini crossbows for rogues. Although that would defeat the premise of another class sharing weapons with hunters...

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    So list the differences.
    Play Warcraft 3, they are both heroes within the game, and play completely differently. The first major difference is Demon Hunters are melee and Dark Rangers are ranged primarily and have ranged abilities.

Tinkers would be awesome. Ranged weapons + high explosives + maniacal laughter = win.

I seriously doubt we need another one as unbalanced as a hunter physical ranged class. What we need is to nerf hunters mobility to caster levels.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't going to be any dual-wielding range weapons, because there is not a SINGLE in-game gun/bow/crossbow that has the model to be used with 1 hand on current race models. Blizz would have to revamp the 1-X guns/crossbows so that this singular class could dual-wield ranged weapons, and one would also have to consider the hassle of balancing dual wield vs single range weapons. There MIGHT be guns/crossbows that has the appearance of dual-wielding, but, dual-wielding guns/crossbows as a mechanic is not going to happen.

As for the next class? Demon Hunter is not going to happen as a range class - the WoW fantasy of the Demon Hunter is a melee/spell based user. Do not go comparing WoW classes to D3 classes, 2 hugely different things there. Monks in WoW are based off martial artists, beer, mists, and the 4 celestials. Monks in D3 are based off martial arts and some sorta strange religious order. So, D3 classes will never, EVER exist in WoW.

Dark Ranger is a possibility, but would likely play no differently from a Survival Hunter. Tinkers using ranged weapons exist as a possiblity, you could even have something like agility dps/tank, both using range, and an int based healer. Chances are though, the next range-weapon using class will also use mail. I do not see why some people say that the next range-weapon using class should not use mail. Mages, Warlocks, and Priests are all int-based spellcasters, and they all use cloth, so why shouldn't the next range-weapon using class also use mail, the only armor that only has 2 classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Tinkers would be awesome. Ranged weapons + high explosives + maniacal laughter = win.
    Teriz gets a lot of crap, but I think he's right about Tinkers being the next class.

Quote Originally Posted by Butger View Post
    The game could use a class that has a ranged spec that uses guns/bows but does not have a pet. Demon Hunter? Tinkerer?
    They used to be called rogues. Granted, the damage from using bows and guns was minimal, but we could use them!

We used to have real abilities with throwing weapons, too. Bastards took them out.

Artificer!

Siegecrafter would be ranged spec that would use guns and have a ballista
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=79523/auc...delviewer:10+0
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=81785/siegecrafter-elaani

Crystalsmith would be more magic oriented with one of those laser defense crystals and use a variety of magic crystals to do damage.

Not sure about a third spec, maybe a pet tank spec with a Vigilant as the tank. Could be the first ranged tank and use guns too.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2015-03-20 at 02:28 AM.

Ranged DPS is ranged DPS. Who cares if it's physical or magical.

To be honest, if you "had" to decide, I'd rather see a melee magical DPS over another ranged Physical DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree

warriors need a ranged damage spec!

The game has had so many amazing bow and gun skins it's crazy.

Meanwhile I play a Rogue and 99 daggers out of 100 look like shit

It'd be nice if someone other than Hunters used bows, but it's very difficult to come up with a bow-wielding class that's distinct enough IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post

To be honest, if you "had" to decide, I'd rather see a melee magical DPS over another ranged Physical DPS.
    Please... no more melee...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    im guessing 5 posts before someone says demon hunter
    What? Demon Hunters are not ranged. Do you even understand what a Warcraft Demon Hunter is?

Personally, I'd like to see Tinker. Dark Ranger (possibly themed with a corrupted Emerald Dream expansion) would also be acceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

There will never be a pure melee magical DPS, as the term 'melee' implies physical melee attacks.

We already have enhancement shaman and retribution paladins though, so we effectively already have 'melee magical DPS'.

Uh, ret paladins, enhance shamans, and dks?