[Feral] Nightelf vs Worgen (Night Raiding)

Is there an official (with proof) on the difference if you want to min/max?

Night Elf will *always* give you Crit in an instance. ie. you will always have Crit in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Night Elf will *always* give you Crit in an instance. ie. you will always have Crit in a raid.
    Evidence??? I keep hearing it both ways (that it keeps its time requirements etc)

- - - Updated - - -

Plez! Someone confirm!

Well this comment on WoWhead agrees with what FeralSynapse said: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=154748/...nts:id=2018260

If you still don't believe it then I would suggest you test it yourself by going into an instance at night and checking to see the difference in your stats.

Night Elf is the best in a raid context because of the crit as FeralSynapse mentions and Shadowmeld granting Improved Rake.

But really, even though nobody will ever believe no matter how many times its said, it doesn't matter and you should play what you want to play.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I agree with Pawkets, it doesn't really matter by the end since it's usually very little difference. But my own Feral Druid is Nelf and I find them to be best in the case of gameplay. As stated above, Shadowmeld gives you Improved Rake and the stealth bonus to Shred aswell. So it feels like having an extra cooldown to use. After my Incarnation has run out in opener, I usually get a Bloodtalon proc and refreshes my Rake again with Shadowmeld, to get it enhanced by Bloodtalon + Improved Rake. Being a Nelf can you give you a slightly higher uptime on Improved Rake this way.

Deleted
    is it possible to macro "shadowmeld +rake"?

Quote Originally Posted by keytann View Post
    is it possible to macro "shadowmeld +rake"?
    this one works for nightelf rogues so probably works for feral aswell.
    cant try it myself since my drood is worgen.
    you should have to click it twice since both abilities are on global cooldown.

rogue version
    #showtooltip shadowmeld
    /cast shadowmeld
    /cast ambush

feral version
    #showtooltip shadowmeld
    /cast shadowmeld
    /cast rake

Shadowmeld isn't on the global cooldown (if it was then your macro simply wouldn't work at all), but you can't macro them like that because it will try to cast them both simultaneously and the Rake will go off before Shadowmeld's buff is actually applied.

I think you'd need to do something like:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowmeld
    /castsequence reset=1 Shadowmeld, Rake

you are correct.
    shadowmeld is off the global cooldown.
    the reason the rogue macro works is because ambush isn't castable outside of stealth, so shadowmeld ís cast first, just double tapping the hotkey works.

for ferals
    since rake is castable outside of stealth it doesn't work.
    tried your macro on my rogue with a filler spell and it worked.

Don't have a Nelf to try it out on anymore, but wouldn't this be the same as the rogue macro?
    Code:
    #showtooltip shadowmeld
    /cast [nostealth] shadowmeld
    /cast [stealth] rake

Deleted
    1% over an aesthetic choice.

Quite unbelievable really.

Like someone else said, play what you want, it really doesn't matter.

And it'd be a lot less than that if Shadowmeld didn't cause Improve Rake, no idea why it still does really.

7+ Year Old Account
    I highly prefer Night Elf although it's a personal choice. I like the %Miss and %Movement passives over the small Sprint. Also NE just looks better (My opinion of course).

With the shadowmeld rake trick until it gets fixed (If it ever does) for feral NE will always be a little bit better.