Internet Connection issue with Ethernet.

I just had gotten my computer back from a repair shop and tried plugging it in and everything worked smoothly except the Internet. I tested my ethernet cord and it worked with my laptop..I tested with a different cord all together and again no connection. The light on the ethernet plug is also not coming on with either cable that is plugged in(however it doesnt light up on my laptop either). I updated all my drivers, still no connection. Under network adapters, the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V has a ! and under device status just says The device cannot start, also from the windows troubleshooting it found that "The Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems. Is this a problem with the mobo hardware then since I updated the driver off the disk? Everything else is working smoothly, just not this last piece..
    Last edited by Pogolols; 2015-03-20 at 04:04 AM.

Right click and uninstall the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V and restart your laptop. Then install using the latest driver off the intel website. Something probably went wrong during the installation process. Happened to me once. Just uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest driver fixed it.

Yeah I reinstalled all the drives on the computer already, no luck.

did you disable the ethernet connection and reactivate it again? Also I assume you tried rebooting

Also check your BIOS to ensure that your network adapter is not disabled. This is assuming that your Intel ethernet is integrated onto your mainboard and not a separate add-on card.