Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question What spec do you play and is it currently fun?

I would like to know how you are experiencing your current class/spec. Is it fun? What makes it so fun? What makes it not fun?

I really prefer if we can keep (in)balance out of the discussion, but that is probably impossible.

I play an Arms Warrior. While it is very much like warrior was in Vanilla, and by all means, not bad, it still feels a bit... off.

It feels like I get kited forever. It feels like I have way to little self healing/sustain in a 1v1 situation. It feels like I have too few buttons to press. I guess that is the price to pay if we want attacks to hit hard once abilities are ready to hit target.
    So, is Arms Warrior fun? somewhat, but somewhat dull.

I am interested in seeing what you guys think about your current spec. Is it fun?

Frost DK and combat rogue mainly. The "mongo" specs. Some people will say they are too simple, but having played almost every single spec, all specs are simple. Frost gets kited more than an arms warrior, but when you get to connect and throw out 3 obliterates with killing machine and all cds up, then plague leech another obliterate, its fun watching the enemy drop. Combat rogue is fun because you are on of the most mobile of classes, you build up to red buff then pop cds and killing spree, then adrenaline rush and watch the target melt. Its frustrating being in a stun as a rogue though without a trinket, very squishy.

I also play a lock. Was afflic but it wasnt needed in my 3s team so i just went destro to fuck around in bgs. it can be fun but certain classes counter you hard. nothing like it was in mop.

Deleted
    Ass Rogue it great fun but it's obviously the least effective rogue pvp specs for arena. But in Ashran, random bgs and even on rbs it's ultimate fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Ass Rogue it great fun but it's obviously the least effective rogue pvp specs for arena. But in Ashran, random bgs and even on rbs it's ultimate fun.
    Did you ever play assass at the end of wrath? So much fun and it was the arena spec back then too. Played on a private server for a few months just to play it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement shaman.

It's not fun having most of your utility linked to destroyable totems.

Deleted
    WW monk is fun again this patch, while not being overpowered in most aspects of PVP.

Skill cap is one of the highest of all melees, you can 1v1 most classes (hunters are the hardest), and 1v2 sometimes, it's really nice. Definitely fun.

Ret Pali here and while I like Ret PVP much better than in MoP (TV in MoP hit like a wet noodle), it seems a little bland as I feel I lost a few useful pvp CD's.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Frost Mage. It has enough abilities to manage to make it fun and interesting (I've had to kite in some bad pug dungeons and have been successful). Unfortunately, the gear doesn't scale (rock bottom in dps in pretty much every fight if you look at the mythic parses), so his days are numbered since there is no indication that Blizz has noticed.

I have 9 of the 11 classes up to 100 now, and have played every spec for each of them. The vast majority are very bland right now. My wife only came back to the game a few months ago, so that is actually the only thing keeping me in game atm (have a couple of months left before the subscription stops).

Deleted
    Resto Shaman, I quite like it. We're in a decent spot right now, can't really complain.

I play Combat Rogue and Ret Pally random at 1500 and they are ok too. Combat is strong but a bit boring, altough very enjoyable because you can't be kited. Ret feels a bit underwhelming when other classes heal passively more then you do while you struggle to dish out both healing and dps. Healpal feels strong because of the multitude of defensive cooldowns, but a bit prone to cc.

Destro lock and assa rogue.

Fun? Well, I had more fun in MoP Played rogue/mage in 2s as assa almost to 2k rating in my first arena season! (but now I'm reluctant to do arenas again)

Now? No. I'm still in the gearing process, which I frankly fucking hate. No arenas, no rbgs, no conquest outside bg wins. I hate gearing up more than leveling 85-90. Whenever I level 85-90 I think "nothing is worse than this", then I gear up and realise I was wrong.

I hardly play my 100s. Just have them in Azeroth in different places for pet battling.

Destro can be fun when they arent focused - still possible to pretend it's MoP with 20+ kbs and 0 deaths in bgs.
    Rogue - eh, I'm not sure tbh. Due to bad gear, I die quite quickly if my friend vanish is on CD, and damage feels lacking.

Deleted
    I play MM and SV hunter. I love the "slow but truck hitting" feel and unique mastery mechanic of MM along with a very dangerous kill shot threshold. SV is also very unique (and the complete opposite of MM) with instant casts, dots combined with entrapment + snake trap, and also you have to work without having execute or a big red cooldown.

Combat Rogue
    BM Hunter (Kill Shot OP!)
    Fury Warrior
    Retri pala

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my personal ranking of best to worst of the specs ive pvped with so far in WoD.

[Godly]
    Resto Druid (My main)

[Good/Fun]
    Resto Shaman
    MM Hunter

[OK/Decent]
    Balance Druid
    SV Hunter
    Mute Rogue
    MW Monk
    Holy Priest
    Frost Mage

[Bad/Boring]
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest
    Shadow Priest
    Warlocks in general.
    Arms Warrior
    Frost DK

[Soooo Bad]
    Ret Pally
    Enhance Shaman
    Elemental Shaman

I have all 11 classes at L100, so ive been able to play every spec. Well, i had all 11 classes at L100. I have deleted my Warrior and my DK, because i grew tired of the classes and wanted their names for use with characters i enjoyed more.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-03-23 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holynpaladin. Damage is way to high to really enjoy arena for me right now, a cool down spamming mongo fest. Got to 1800 pretty under geared, got the gear, and realize it's just not that fun right now with the asinine damage from quite a few classes.
    You're a towel.

Fury Warr = yes fun, but squishy and simple
    Holy Priest = Yes fun
    Destro Lock = Lots of fun!
    Afflic lock = fun but a little boring

Have warrior, lock, mage, dk, rogue, hunter at 100.

I really dont like my dk, i feel so reliant on people coming for me to actually do stuff and im a damage bot, dark sim is amazing but it doesnt save it for me. I like my warrior if i have a healer, if i dont i hate it (so annoying to have 0 sustainability, you can outplay a healer/dps so bad but you cant reset ever and you simply get lower and lower :/, i miss second wind), its cool in 3s and serious 2s but outside of that it sucks, at least for me. Dont like the way mages deal damage, its annoying and kills the spec for me. Lock is cool but i hate not beeing able to chase efficiently, if im getting anything low the pillar humping starts and i have no real offensive mobility so they can outheal me for quite some time (probably amplified due to the lock beeing shit geared), but beeing able to melt entire teams on my own is awesome.

I cant stand bm, i dont like survival as it has no cds or finishers and i hate the new mm playstyle, loved s14/15 mm hunter and really whish it would come back.

Rogue is all around amazing to play, you can win almost any 1v1 (actually any if you play gay as hell, you cant beat dks straight up for example, but if you pillar hump to 80% dampening their defensives are 0, then you simply outlast them with cr + feint + double evasion + cloak). I know its considered a mongo spec but combat is quite fun to play, you are super tanky (like all rogues), have absurd control and your preassure is absurd. Sub is cool as well. Its basicely like playing mop rogue again but with actual sustained dps due to no more tricks. And just like in mop you can oneshot people in openers as both specs.

Sub/combat rogue, it's good fun atm. My mage is rotting in a corner somewhere, not fun at all.

Unholy dk, lots of fun spreading diseases and topping the charts.

Sadly not enough burst damage and single target damage to even bother with.

Deleted
    All specs, the most fun is my ret pali/holy pali. Its alot of fun running around blowing folks up and when Im bored of dieing going healer and just guarding a base and having 1v3s for the laugh. I've also been enjoying BM hunter (bit harder cos kiting is a pig this expac v melee) and my arms warrior. Its funny as a warrior now, because alot of people try to kite you and find out that they can't in this new meta. Then you wreck them because they are too busy trying to escape to fight back effectively.

I've been trying feral and boomy as well, but neither of the two really gell for me. I don't like boomies immobilty, ferals rotation is too fiddly when Im trying to pay attention to other things and a stealth class just doesn't feel right without a vanish. Rogues are alot of fun though (no surprise there right?) I've tried all 3 and I've found combat works best for me. Haven't found the other class/specs to give anywhere near the amount of fun/hour of the top 3.

Forgot, i also have a 99 boomkin alt which is amazing fun, spamming 50k+ starsurges into people is hilarious (makes me wonder why lvl 100 full geared starsurges only hit for 70k or so),