Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Obama makes GOP eat crow

http://egbertowillies.com/2015/03/19...at-crow-video/

It's nice to see him stand up for himself like this. This man isn't even running for re-election, yet he seems to have bashed the GOP pretty hard here, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crow can be quite tasty....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Well, the fact that the US President has taken to occupying his time with petty squabbles like a middle schooler on Facebook aside, most of the predictions were true.

The debt continues to rise, the true unemployment continues to mount, the welfare dependency continues to climb, the threat from our enemies continues to escalate, the freedoms continue to diminish, the respect of our fellow world leaders and their countries continues to evaporate, the educational quality continues to decline, etc, etc.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Well, the fact that the US President has taken to occupying his time with petty squabbles like a middle schooler on Facebook aside, most of the predictions were true.

The debt continues to rise, the true unemployment continues to mount, the welfare dependency continues to climb, the threat from our enemies continues to escalate, the freedoms continue to diminish, the respect of our fellow world leaders and their countries continues to evaporate, the educational quality continues to decline, etc, etc.
    I'm not interested in the rest of your rable, I would like to know, please tell me, what freedoms? What riple of the brain caused you to trow around the F-word so freely? Context required plz

OT: I don't know if the OP's source is correct, but its nice to see that at least some US-politicians want to get the US's policies out of the 19th century.

10+ Year Old Account

I have to agree with this, other than our freedoms diminishing, while Obama attempts to diminish some of them, he will not succeed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I'm not interested in the rest of your rable, I would like to know, please tell me, what freedoms? What riple of the brain caused you to trow around the F-word so freely? Context required plz
    Talking about the drop in personal freedom as scored by The Legatum Institute's Prosperity Index.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Besides terrorists, may I ask who is a credible and significant threat to the US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drslump View Post
    Besides terrorists, may I ask who is a credible and significant threat to the US?
    Elizabeth Warren.

10+ Year Old Account

Take everything you just said about Obama, replace his name with "republicans," and you have a much better stock of what's going on in Washington.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He's done rather well, could have done a lot worse with the problems he inherited and the opposition he faced. Still he could have done better, he's just a moderate republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Drslump View Post
    Russia. That was easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Let's look at job creation. You can argue the validity of the metric, but since this is a partisan discussion let's compare apples to apples. Net average job creation per year during the terms for the last 6 US presidents:

Obama 1,200,000/year
    Bush 160,000/year
    Clinton 2,862,000/year
    Bush 668,000/year
    Reagan 2,012,000/year
    Carter 2,585,000/year

http://www.bls.gov/data/#unemployment

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    He's done rather well, could have done a lot worse with the problems he inherited and the opposition he faced. Still he could have done better, he's just a moderate republican.
    I agree, and it baffles me that republicans hate him so much. They should love him.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Russia. That was easy.
    Russia is a threat to it's European neighbours, not the US. It really isn't going to fire it's nukes, besides that they can't touch the US.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I agree, and it baffles me that republicans hate him so much. They should love him.
    Would never happen, politics are far too partisan in the US. Besides, they don't kiss the same corporate ass all the time, Obama gets his cash from the banks, reps get it more from the oil/gas type of companies. Also, the reps have a crazed, rabid base to worry about so they can never ever agree with any 'leftist' democrat..
    Last edited by Cradyz; 2015-03-20 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Completely agree zombergy. And anyone who claims our freedoms haven't diminished are just not wanting to look. Or dont consider the same things freedoms that others do.

Of course Repubs make false predictions. An identical article could be made of dems predictions too. But the bottom line is, that in my opinion, our country is in worse shape than it was in 2008. Worst race relations I have seen in my entire lifetime. Worse worldwide respect. More welfare dependency. Thank goodness for term limits...I sometimes wonder if we could sustain 8 more years of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Russia is a threat to it's European neighbours, not the US. It really isn't going to fire it's nukes, besides that they can't touch the US.
    Russian assets have already been getting dangerously close to ours in the years since Obama took office. They're also operating in the Gulf of Mexico. Russia is a threat to the US.

unemployment continues to mount
    Always hilarious to see any president blamed for this, when there are far more direct reasons for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Elizabeth Warren.
    Perfect!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Let's look at job creation. You can argue the validity of the metric, but since this is a partisan discussion let's compare apples to apples. Net average job creation per year during the terms for the last 6 US presidents:

Obama 1,200,000/year
    Bush 160,000/year
    Clinton 2,862,000/year
    Bush 668,000/year
    Reagan 2,012,000/year
    Carter 2,585,000/year

Don't have time to dig through the link right now, but how many of those jobs are full-time and how many are part-time McJobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post

Obama 1,200,000/year
    Bush 160,000/year
    Clinton 2,862,000/year
    Bush 668,000/year
    Reagan 2,012,000/year
    Carter 2,585,000/year

The laborforce participation rate is 3% lower now than it was in 2008. Data with no context is fun!!