Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    How does getting people health care undermine the purpose of getting people healthcare?
    You would need to first understand what you're quoting, and the conversations leading up to it, but you saw my name and decided to say something ignorant without any information.

I couldn't disagree more with anything President Obama does.
    I can't wait for the next election.
    I wont vote, but I damn sure will dissect everything the next president does, even though I literally have 0 experience with anything remotely political and am doubly confused about the burden of leadership that goes along with this position!

#unvote Obama
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with anything President Obama does.
    I can't wait for the next election.
    I wont vote, but I damn sure will dissect everything the next president does, even though I literally have 0 experience with anything remotely political and am doubly confused about the burden of leadership that goes along with this position!

#unvote Obama
    The main difference between democrats and republicans who run for president, are the companies who bought them during their campaign.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The main difference between democrats and republicans who run for president, are the companies who bought them during their campaign.
    Obama: Universities, Law Firms, Microsoft, Google

Romney: Banks, Oil, Banks, Oil, Banks, Banks, then lots of Super PAC funding, more banks

http://demonocracy.info/infographics...elections.html

Just going by who bought which politician, I'd pick Obama in a heartbeat knowing just that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Nice to see the list devoid of healthcare, insurance, and other "banks", as well as many sectors and companies that donated to the campaigns. Keep towing that party line, boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Nice to see the list devoid of healthcare, insurance, and other "banks", as well as many sectors and companies that donated to the campaigns. Keep towing that party line, boys!
    Funny thing, health insurance companies actually donated almost equal amounts to both candidates, a lot of them split down the middle instead of one company favoring one candidate. Figure that one out.

That list I made was the biggest donors, and honestly, it's not all that accurate for Romney, since the majority of his donations were from Super PACs.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a spreadsheet for the Super PACs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Do you have a spreadsheet for the Super PACs?
    I was looking but some of the websites on either side are so sleazy. I believe republicans receive more from super pacs then democrats in the last election. There are other ways of donating though.

you can smell the republican all over this thread

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    you can smell the republican all over this thread
    But you like the smell of Democrats?

Your going to love Hillary!

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post

I don't care if someone labels themselves as a democrat or republican. I look at their views and try to see their logic. I agree with sentiments from both sides. What I find hilarious is how people who claim one side or another treat it as if it's their favorite sports team. Like they actually hate the other guy because he has different views. Reminds me of Mayweather and Pacquiao fans.

yeah no

both party are gross

republicans go out of their way to smell that way though

I look at their views and try to see their logic.
    I look too and I look hard but sometimes it gets confusing.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I don't care if someone labels themselves as a democrat or republican. I look at their views and try to see their logic. I agree with sentiments from both sides. What I find hilarious is how people who claim one side or another treat it as if it's their favorite sports team. Like they actually hate the other guy because he has different views. Reminds me of Mayweather and Pacquiao fans.
    The thing is one side hates the other because of the other's opinions, while the other side just hates the actions used in attempt to impose those opinions.

You don't see Fox-bashing all the time because they're conservative, you see fox-bashing because they're so blatantly dishonest, and intentionally fueling such prejudice and hatred, and their extensive tactics of leveling unfounded accusations under the guise of "just asking questions."

That's why people like Bashir are forced to gtfo while people like Hannity have nightly hatefests and are never held to account for any of their ridiculous behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    That's why people like Bashir are forced to gtfo while people like Hannity have nightly hatefests and are never held to account for any of their ridiculous behaviors.
    Never heard of this Bashir. As far as Hannity, why do you want to control his behavior? It's his show, unless he is directly inciting violence than he can do whatever he wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of this Bashir. As far as Hannity, why do you want to control his behavior? It's his show, unless he is directly inciting violence than he can do whatever he wants.
    I'm not sure why biased journalism should be defended. It may be protected under the first amendment but calling him out for it is certainly acceptable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    You don't see Fox-bashing all the time because they're conservative, you see fox-bashing because they're so blatantly dishonest, and intentionally fueling such prejudice and hatred, and their extensive tactics of leveling unfounded accusations under the guise of "just asking questions."
    The battle cry "Fox News tells lies" is never accompanied by a solid example.

Sometimes you're lucky enough to get a loose comparison between something that has been twisted enough to suit a conclusion other than what the original would be otherwise, but that's pretty much the best I've ever seen.

Then of course the flip side to that is being able to perpetuate blatant lies without ever coming under the scrutiny demanded in the assumption that accompanies the aforementioned accusation that others are lying.

Its similar to being able to call a thing or person racist without there being any proof what-so-ever of racism and then being immune to the label of racist while committing an act or voicing an opinion that is by definition racist.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I'm not sure why biased journalism should be defended. It may be protected under the first amendment but calling him out for it is certainly acceptable as well.
    Everyone is biased. Since the 24 hour news cycle, it's too be expected. Who watches TV anyways, probably not Millenials.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really am curious how many more decades is congress going to act like children? cause this stuff is getting really old. its like having to take care of 5 year olds. who at the end of the day go home and say "look at me mom look at what i drew in art class!" and hold up a scribble. Then we sadly give them a gold star and put it on the fridge.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.