Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

You have plans for Spring Cleaning?

Happy first day of Spring. Good riddance to the worst winter in our history.

Probably going to do a top to bottom cleaning of my apartment tomorrow. Probably phone the landlord and let him know there is a massive leak in the flat roof above me which I've been using a big blue plastic tub to catch the water the last 3 weeks..piece of drywall has come down from the ceiling. Wish I didn't owe back rent to him. Going to paint the stairs in my apartment since I replaced every step with with wooden steps..still undecided on the colour.

Get rid of any piece of junk in my place since I have no storage or closets to speak of...yeah my place is a shithole but its my place and rent is cheap. Going to clean out my cupboards finally after fighting with mice for 6 months..they are all dead..but I still need to bleach each cupboard in my little kitchen.

Thats about it for now. How about you guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love spring cleaning, but I'm a bit of a neat freak I will admit. I get rid of old junk lying around, but also replace a few things. Sponges, bins that have gotten a little rough, mops, brooms, stuff like that. Fiance thinks I'm a nutter lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I love spring cleaning, but I'm a bit of a neat freak I will admit. I get rid of old junk lying around, but also replace a few things. Sponges, bins that have gotten a little rough, mops, brooms, stuff like that. Fiance thinks I'm a nutter lol.
    Nothing wrong with being a neat freak. In my household we call it a good old scottish cleaning

I'm going to clean my stove. Hard to clean cause there is a lot of baked on stuff.

How is the weather up there in Canada?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm going to clean my stove. Hard to clean cause there is a lot of baked on stuff.

How is the weather up there in Canada?
    Pretty Spring-y. Some cold winds but with the sun it's warm. Also the snow is almost all gone.

Deleted
    Spring started here a month and a half ago :P
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelic_calendar
    Last edited by mmocb42008e302; 2015-03-20 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    My house is always clean, lol. I couldn't stand living here if it were any different.

No cleaning plans. We like to keep our house in a moderate state of disarray. I do want to paint window/door trim and refinish the hardwood floors for the interior. The only exterior project of note is putting a gate up on our driveway.

Moving like in 2 weeks so lol I guess some cleaning will be done, but basically everything is going to be new so...

Btw how do you paint an apartment that isn't yours. Don't you have to run that by your landlord? He could withhold security deposit from you if you change the color, especially if it isn't a neutral color.

all depends whether or not my post-renovations backyard mud pit actually grows any grass like it should...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    I didn't neglect my home for the rest of the year so there's nothing to "spring clean". Perhaps I could sort out my desktop. Amassed a few new shortcuts that don't need to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Moving like in 2 weeks so lol I guess some cleaning will be done, but basically everything is going to be new so...

Btw how do you paint an apartment that isn't yours. Don't you have to run that by your landlord? He could withhold security deposit from you if you change the color, especially if it isn't a neutral color.
    I live above above a shitty little hair salon ..its pretty bad where I live. Very hard to describe. My landlord comes by every couple months to collect money ..sometimes I have it..sometimes I don't. he never never comes up because he's pretty much embarrassed by the conditions here. Its all good though..I do repairs here and there and take it off the rent, he has no probs with it.

I'm trying to keep up with the conditions but this flatroof leak is kicking my ass at the moment. Just waiting for better weather and I'll patch the roof myself.

Maybe I'll run CCleaner a few more times than normal, and actually delete downloads afterwards right anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I live above above a shitty little hair salon ..its pretty bad where I live. Very hard to describe. My landlord comes by every couple months to collect money ..sometimes I have it..sometimes I don't. he never never comes up because he's pretty much embarrassed by the conditions here. Its all good though..I do repairs here and there and take it off the rent, he has no probs with it.

I'm trying to keep up with the conditions but this flatroof leak is kicking my ass at the moment. Just waiting for better weather and I'll patch the roof myself.
    what about the kitchen your sister burned down?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    what about the kitchen your sister burned down?
    wasn't my sister but my niece's friend that burned it down. I did paint ceiling and the walls. You'd never know there was a massive inferno in my pad.

Still snow on the ground?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the original video of the apartment fireball.

http://distilleryvesper4-12.ak.insta...519d93_101.mp4

this is an actual demonstration of what happened...scary stuff guys.

http://9gag.com/gag/a7y3pLr#comment
    Last edited by Jayburner; 2015-03-20 at 10:40 PM.

I was planning to catch up on a couple TV shows, then move things, sweep, vacuum, dust, whatever, as my roommate commands.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    We didn't really have a winter. It was extremely mild, snowed for maybe 15min a few days. Only dropped below freezing for maybe 2 weeks or so. It's been in the 60-70s for something like a month now.

That being said, I don't get "spring cleaning". I just clean whenever I need to clean. I rent, so anything that needs maintaining, I ask the landlord, and he fixes it. I don't improve things, not my house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Yeah you have to ask the landlord's permission. Typically they only approve neutral colours. They might make an exception if you offer to paint it to a colour of their choice before you move out though.

I just moved last week, it was a nightmare. I wish you all the best!