Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Not everyone raids, though - and the OP appears to be asking for Arena.

Ah, I forgot that while scrolling past a page of dead horse. Yeah, that's more reasonable, just leave SSAA off!
    Super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    WoW is not capped at 120fps.

However, you really can't get a large raid environment above 50-70 anyway with any stability, so a 144hz monitor is largely a waste on WoW regardless.
    Agree with this, I'd rather get a screen with proper colors and high quality picture then sacrifice everything to get 120-144hz and sucky quality for wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    It "queues" the frames so that they update with the monitor, it removes screen tearing if you have that problem.
    But because it "queues" the frames it also produces input lag, which can be noticeable in some games.
    Triple buffering virtually removes the input lag. It's really not a problem in modern setups. This is something that was an issue when vsync was first introduced many years ago. If you are using an Nvidia GPU you should be using adaptive vsync anyway.

That said, in arenas, where there are only a couple people, you should be able to get pretty high framerate. It's not at all like raids.

Deleted
    guys important question: my 144hz monitor shows everything very crisp when moving but when I stand still it blures out just a little bit. anyone know why this is?

When playing WoW, walls are blurry while standing still, but when running walls look sharp. Does not happen with other monitors I have. G-SYNC is disabled.
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2015-03-23 at 12:29 AM.