Which do you personally believe is more likely to be announced at E3?

It's Bethesda Game Studio's first appearance

Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls VI, neither ... or both?

I'm curious to see what people think.

I personally think that both is a possibility.

Here's why.

TES:III was released 05/01/02 TES:IV was released 03/20/06 FO:3 was released 10/28/08 TES:V was released 11/11/11

Now, looking at that, it's obviously Fallout's turn, right? Well, it was 48 months in between Morrowind and Oblivion. It was then 30 months between Oblivion and Fallout 3. It was then 36 months between Fallout 3 and Skyrim. The mean of all of those months is 36. If TES:VI or if Fallout 4 was released 36 months from the release of Skyrim, it would have had to been released in January of this year. It is time for a new Elder Scrolls game, but it is also painfully Fallout's turn as well.

So here's my thought. What if both were announced? I understand that Bethesda only works on one game at a time, but what if like Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian took over for Fallout 4? They're different enough games for them both to be released close together. One's post apocalyptic with guns and the other with swords and sorcerers. Even if you disagree and think that they are too similar, last year Ubisoft released two large Assassin's Creed Games for the same consoles on the exact same day (Unity and Rogue). Are fans REALLY not going to buy Fallout 4 just because the Elder Scrolls VI came out maybe five months before (or vise versa)?

Tell me your thoughts!

Fallout 4 > ES VI at E3, because of Betehsda's release pattern.

I'm hoping they announce Fallout IV being in developement by Obsidian while they've focused on new ES.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'd love to see another fallout or TES, but i'm kinda bored of single player romps, give us local co-op for these games and ill be happy. they have great depth but single player just gets old, having to put up with stupid ai followers that repeat one liners. I wanna tackle these adventures with a human buddy not an emotionless ai.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I'd love to see another fallout or TES, but i'm kinda bored of single player romps, give us local co-op for these games and ill be happy. they have great depth but single player just gets old, having to put up with stupid ai followers that repeat one liners.
    Skyrim definately had a depth of a puddle.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

yeah it did but the mods made up for it. i didn't really like the puzzles that seemed to be copy pasted into every dungeon.

the depth i kinda meant was the story and or exploration, both skyrim fo3 and nv had quite a lot of content albeit the complete editions.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-03-21 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Id love to see a fallout with obsidian at the wheel I think its unlikely considering their current status. I guess for fallout 4 with bethesda behind it.