So, this game was released on Steam a couple of weeks ago. I started playing and can't stop so thought I'd make a post here about it as I hadn't seen one yet. It's basically made by one guy, but since the kickstarter a while ago he could afford an artist as well, and the assets are steadily improving. The graphics of the stations and ships are definitely not amazing, but once you're in space it's easy to be taken away by the beautiful nebulae etc.

So...what is it? It's a MMO space-game. You mine, trade, craft, build. You can actually land on planets and colonize them, building Environmental domes to make conditions habitable for humans. There are 250 billion start systems to explore. If no-one has been there before, it gets named after you!

As you can tell, I really like the game. Main reason is the community. Somehow, the veterans that have been playing this game for about a year now have really created something special. In a sense you could compare this game to EVE. However...there's no competition. People wanted to visit far-away systems more easily, to make exploration easier. So, together, they built warpgates, which took hundreds of millions of iron, promethium, carbon and other resources. It took thousands of hauling runs to create those gates. People actually work together. If you need something, people will try to help you. I haven't seen any antagonism in the game yet at all (there is no pvp, for some a con, for me a pro).

The developer hops into chat once in a while to get feedback from the community, which is kind of nice as well. The game itself is extremely deep, with a fair bit of learningcurve.

Here's a trailer!

In case you want to play, send me a message and I can show you the ropes and give you a bit of a bigger ship to make the beginning a bit faster