Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Why is fatness such an issue?

I travel over the world thanks to my career, and it seems that all over, especially in the US (from where i've been), there are adds for weight loss pill and whatever everywhere, and there are fat people walking around everywhere. Not so much in LA but in other parts it is, so obviously it's an issue.

I was waiing for my doctor one day in his office, and there was this fat lady there, so I gathered my courage and sat next to her and asked her why she's so fat, and she almost wanted to beat me and she yelled in my face and her spit was flying everywhere (thank god I was at the doctor so I could see if my eyes got infected or something from that) and she told me shes not fat but curvy and big boned.

I just don't get it.
    I mean, if you have a real medical condition, okay, you can't help but be fat and ugly I guess so I won't judge you then. But that is maybe like what, 1% of the fat people?
    Why are people getting fatter and fatter? Do they have no self control when it comes to food? Do they strife to look ugly? And it especially disgusts me how people are talking about self accepting their body when they look like they're about to suffocate in their own triple chins. THIS IS NOT OKAY.

What do you think has to be done to stop and further prevent this epidemic?

I don't get why you care.

Also I think I see like, 2-3 "fat" people a day at tops, it's not like they're everywhere like you're making it sound.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see Fat people a lot. But generally because I have multiple mirrors in my house.

Though I am currently on a Diet which is working (to the annoyance of having to wear belts because all my pants are loose!!) I'm mainly doing it because I don't want to die young(er).

I got fat mostly due to my best friend dying and my fiance fucking another dude leaving me pretty much in an alcohol and food binge for a couple years.

It happens differently for different people. Though I never got as fat that it actually has cost anyone other than myself money.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2015-03-22 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um...people just need to get off their asses and do some exercise. Stop eating fast food and sweets all the time. Big boned is not real, that is completely bullshit unless your someone like myself who is just a large human being (6'6 260 when healthy). People like to make excusea for their lack of motivation and laziness

Am I being trolled? I can't tell.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus you can't just ask people why they're fat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Stop worrying about other people so much and mind your own business.
    Except we have to pay for their unhealthy lifestyle, same as people that smoke.

Personal anecdote time: I have a cousin, who is pretty obese, he weighs ~290 or so I'd say, and hes probably 5'9" or so, and I see him just plowing through buffets/fast food like nobodies business, and hes will honestly say things like "I'm trying to lose weight!" or "I just started walking more, hopefully that helps!" and its like....maybe put down the fork every now and then dude?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by belize View Post
    jesus you can't just ask people why they're fat...
    y u faaaaaaaaaat?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Stop worrying about other people so much and mind your own business.
    The moment society stops subsidizing it, the moment society has no bearing to comment and shape policy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Also I think I see like, 2-3 "fat" people a day at tops, it's not like they're everywhere like you're making it sound.
    I see 2-3 in shape people tops. Everyone else is a fatass.

On topic: The only way this epidemic can be further prevented is if scientists can take all the fat out of meat, bread, and drinks without changing the taste. Same with sugar. Otherwise people will continue to buy miracle "cures" for their fatness while eating enough for a family of 4 day after day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because being depressed blubbering mess does no good for anyone, let alone for the fat person. So loving yourself is just fine, but obviously not to the point of not recognising flaws (like being overweight).

Also, you dont know why she was there, so asking her why she's fat of course sets off a defensive mechanism when she could be there for help on a doctor monitered diet. I'd probably say the same things if confronted about my weight even though Im actually trying to improve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Come down south, GA specifically...they ARE everywhere...

Deleted
    Why does it matter to you? Genuinely, why do you give a fuck? Perhaps you could reinvest your energy into something productive. I find litter unattractive, perhaps you could try to make the world a better place by going out and cleaning up garbage? Y'know, really make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Come down south, GA specifically...they ARE everywhere...
    Girlfriend wants to move there, I keep saying "Meh". Down south is scary!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Jesus you can't just ask people why they're fat...
    OMG!

https://youtu.be/z8wrqe72YG4
    Last edited by Common Sense; 2015-03-22 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I see 2-3 in shape people tops. Everyone else is a fatass.

On topic: The only way this epidemic can be further prevented is if scientists can take all the fat out of meat, bread, and drinks without changing the taste. Same with sugar. Otherwise people will continue to buy miracle "cures" for their fatness while eating enough for a family of 4 day after day.
    Or we can make healthy food more affordable to the average Joe. It's honestly ridiculous how much more expensive healthy food is compared to basically junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

oh hey, this thread again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Or we can make healthy food more affordable to the average Joe. It's honestly ridiculous how much more expensive healthy food is compared to basically junk.
    It's cheaper to put sugar in everything and the sugar lobby and a lot of other companies are pretty hard on lobbying in any of thing that goes in that direction.
    The EU wanted to add obvious labels with color coding that showed if a product has high fats, sugars etc in it. It didn't get passed due to lobby groups.

Doctor told me to lose weight, I said how much, he said 20-30, I said 40? He said yeah, 40 pounds.

So I went on google and saw that the best way to lose weight was gradually, like over a year or two. I quickly discovered that people who can lose weight over a year or two have enough will power that they don't have weight problems.

So I put myself through famine. I bought one 6ince sub from subway, bread, no cheese, meat, all the veges. Just one sub a day. I ate this way until I lost the 40 lbs. I was amazed at what your body will do when it thinks it's in famine. There's about 30 defense mechanisms and they all kicked in, lethargy was one, reduced blood pressure was another, I drooled a lot.

So after all that came the hard part, how to keep the 40 pounds off. I had to change my way of living, eat like a thin person, new meals, calorie counting, etc.

I'm not surprised that there are fat people, I'm surprised there are naturally thin people.

-- Capt. Copeland

Well, if almost every you see is fat, that means its you skinny folk who are the problem. Of all the things people do with their bodies these days, being fat is the one thing that people feel they still have some right to shame others for. The skinny body image that is "popular" use a very recent trend. Its only in the last 20-30 years that being a skeleton has become the preferred body type.

I rather die fat and happy than skinny and hungry.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-03-22 at 01:23 AM.