Heroic Blast Furnace or Heroic Blackhand?

Which do y'all think is the harder fight? Blackhand or Blast Furnace heroic ( Not mythic )

Depends on the group your with honestly. Both fights have a significant amount of mechanics that can allow/cause a single player to create a raid wipe scenario. Personally I think Blackhand is a bit easier but it seems our group has less *DOH* moments on him than seem to happen on BF.

Bh
    furnance was a joke after ilvl boost

10+ Year Old Account
    I think blackhand is harder hands down. Took my guild 3x more attempts to our first BH heroic kill than it did for our first BF heroic kill.

just killed blackhand on the 2nd pull, blast furnace took 30

Blast furnace is harder. Took my guild multiple times to get even close. BH took three pulls before we were hitting phase 3 easily. On that phase, its simple burn and take bombs out.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Is the relative difference between these fights really that much smaller between normal and heroic? My guild got normal BF down in 4 pulls, but Blackhand took almost 40. It seems crazy to me to think of Blast Furnace as anywhere close to Blackhand in difficulty, let alone actually being harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 pulls to kill heroic Blackhand? Very impressive.

Blackhand has higher dps and healing requirements and I would argue more required coordination.

Blast Furnace is only hard if people pad like morons on slag elementals and security guards. Some people are just inexplicably bad at that fight or have terrible strategies.

Back on week one of release heroic Blast Furnace took us 7 pulls, heroic Blackhand ~100.

I found Blood Furnace to be slightly more challenging than Blackhand on HC. If everyone in the raid maximized their DPS on the proper targets then this would not be the case. Whereas Blackhand is a case of executing a chain of commands to deal with demolition/knockback/marks/bombs etc, Blast Furnace always feels much more like a free for all to me and this is where the difficulty rests. I'd say that P3 Blast Furnace is more intense than Blackhand.

Overall, they are very similar in difficulty and by far the most challenging encounters in BRF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoliith View Post
    just killed blackhand on the 2nd pull, blast furnace took 30
    difference between doing something correctly and not

Deleted
    BF took us like 20 pulls, BH about 75 - 1 day per week raiding guild, killed BH a week before the ilvl hotfix went live - most raiders had about 680-682 equipped.

BH isn't exactly a hard encounter. The mechanics are simple to understand and execute but they leave no room for failure. If you fail to hide behind the tank you take a ton of damage for 45 seconds and the tank dies slower, which can result in fire spawning. In phase 3 the axe pierces, if you stand in the way of arrows you also get the debuff. So if you get more than 2 guys with that debuff you're much more prone to wipe, esp given the intensity of this phase.

The good thing about this boss is its duration. It's challenging enchounter but the attempts are swift. 75 wipes and it didn't even took 2 nights. The most frustrating thing to happen is to have long tedious fight that lasts for 12+ min and you have to practice the final phase. Iron Maidens is like that - sneeze for first 80% then practice the last 20%