Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gold making is too hard.

And I'm totally confused by WoD's new proff system.

I have alchemy and JC. @ 600. Got enchanting (for d/e) and forge master garrison buildings also an alchemy building.

I'm totally confused as to where to begin in making gold.

Blizzard made it incredibly hard for people like me that don't enjoy that aspect of the game to access gold-making through my own proffs.

I need all the help I can get.

I have so many materials in my bags too. Like 20 Temporal crystals about 200 of the new WoD dust and also 100 shards. And so many hides and herbs

I'm lost.

Deleted
    i find alchemy to be at a bad spot about now(thou not when it 1st launched yum flasks at 100g+). but for JC's to do is, save your taladrite and then craft the 640 to 655 upg, same for any other proffension that has items that can be upg.

Next is barn, get one lvl 3 asap. Then blood, blood and more blood or go with a trading post. You then kill mobs and sell those AH bot matts aka modules.

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    i find alchemy to be at a bad spot about now(thou not when it 1st launched yum flasks at 100g+). but for JC's to do is, save your taladrite and then craft the 640 to 655 upg, same for any other proffension that has items that can be upg.

Next is barn, get one lvl 3 asap. Then blood, blood and more blood or go with a trading post. You then kill mobs and sell those AH bot matts aka modules.

You lost me at barn and blood. Care to elaborate?

The thing is, when it comes to gold making, you need to look outside the box. With professions, it's not always the current content items that will bring in the gold. I made 37k gold in the past three days simply by mining mithril ore (sells for 6g each on my realm), buying mageweave cloth, disenchanting the items and selling the vision dust that I obtain from it and selling the pets I get from my level 3 menagerie daily like the weebomination which sold for 9k as well as selling the pets from old raids which sell for on average 300-1k each. Making gold is not hard by any means, nor do you have to spend tons of hours farming or knowing how to flip on the AH to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    You lost me at barn and blood. Care to elaborate?
    Upgrade items for crafted gear require blood.
    You get blood from trapping level 100 beasts for barn
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

How much gold are you looking to make?
    With one profession you can make 22 taladites a day (10 proff, 12 building + follower), gems sell for 2.5k on my server so that is 1100g per day ((22/50)*2500)
    Amplifiers are still going for 20k + bloods so there is ~2900g per day((22/150)*20000)
    On top of that you have lower gems which have a competitive market but still make profit

For alchemy i can typically make a potion for 75% of their worth and sell a few 100 per day, same with flasks (eg talador orchids are 1.9g, int potions are 8.5g, make a bit more then 2.5g per potion).
    Alchemical catalyst go for only 10g on my realm, can sell them if you want for 220g a day.

Before the blood buff i was making ~24k a week (8 a week @ 3k) per toon. Right now you can still sell them instantly at 2k each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do lots of missions. I'm making about 1k/day entirely from mission rewards+salvage crates (and this is only on one character that I'm doing this).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

alchemy is whats making gold as a profession, blacksmithing and jc got cut down because you need 100 taladite crystals resources to make the stuff that sells. now if the resources were lets say 20-30 taladite crystals? you could make gold with jc bs. alchemy is lucrative with gold possibilities this expansion. you have to think at the start of the expansion as everyone levels before 100. they go check AH for items that they could upgrade the gear level. jewelcrafting and blacksmithing makes decent gold at the beginning of the expansion less towards the end as people all get into the higher tiers.

100 taladite crystals..
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the easiest expac to make gold so far, for me personally.

I've easily made 180k off Blacksmith and Inscription items, mostly Blacksmith but I just sold a Molten Tarot for 70k so there's that.

Overall, alch will always be relevant due to consumables always being needed by players.

You just have to find the right market for your sever.

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems to me that the market has really crashed. made over 100k in the first couple weeks of expansion and its totally dried up now. bought a couple boes thinking th money would keep coming in but now i only have 16k.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

I have alchemy and JC. @ 600. Got enchanting (for d/e) and forge master garrison buildings also an alchemy building.

Blizzard made it incredibly hard for people like me that don't enjoy that aspect of the game to access gold-making through my own proffs.

I have so many materials in my bags too. Like 20 Temporal crystals about 200 of the new WoD dust and also 100 shards. And so many hides and herbs

I'm lost.
    Its not hard at all..ya alch with the recent change is kinda rough but, overall bloods are still floating around 2k, ore and herbs still sell, enchanting alone selling crystals is good money and with pvp weapons in a few weeks will jump in price.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    it seems to me that the market has really crashed. made over 100k in the first couple weeks of expansion and its totally dried up now. bought a couple boes thinking th money would keep coming in but now i only have 16k.
    The problem seems to be that making gold has changed a LOT this expansion compared to the previous ones, because they introduced the garrison.

I would recommend everyone having a lvl 3 barn on all their chars, so much gold from the blood! Made 200k+ myself so far, from blood and a few epic crafted JC items

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperOwnz View Post
    The problem seems to be that making gold has changed a LOT this expansion compared to the previous ones, because they introduced the garrison.

I would recommend everyone having a lvl 3 barn on all their chars, so much gold from the blood! Made 200k+ myself so far, from blood and a few epic crafted JC items
    How much blood can you make per day/week?

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    How much blood can you make per day/week?
    When you have a lvl 3 barn you have a chanse to get Savage Blood every time you complete a work order, one work order takes 4 hours to complete so 6 chanses every 24 hours. I get about 2-3/day but I've been luckier with 4-5 sometimes! They sell for 16-2000g each so it's a daily ~5-10k for me, you also get leather/fur from work orders which adds up over time

Edit: Atm I have 2 lvl 3 barns, more barns = more blood ofc.

I'm lost.
    1) that's an extremely small amount of materials
    2) you're better off farming rares for gold fk that's all the materials you can get in this amount of time

It will honestly depend a lot on your server. On my server, current content profession items are dirt cheap, next to no money to be made. You are probably better off getting old world mats and farming some other stuff. Bloods may be a good thing, provided you get lucky and get some. I know a guild member I am with had only gotten 1 in five days. So while bloods sell high, they are quite rng dependent.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Don't know about other prof, but don't build enchanting building if you don't have 600+.

You get less dust when you disenchant.
    It is better to vendor.

You get less from work order.

I'm lost.
    I'm making about 5-8k profit/day with Alchemy just by flipping raw mats into pots/flasks on the AH.

Get the TSM Desktop App, the TSM suite of addons and check the price of herbs in the morning and evening. If the mat cost is less than 3-4g/pot or flask, then buy them up, crafts, then post.

It's a bit of a "throughput profession", meaning you need to list MASS quantities on the AH to turn a decent profit. I've generally got about 200-300 stacks of 5-20 pots/flasks on the AH at any given time.

Monday/Tues/Fri/Sat seem to be my best days.

It's a volatile market, so some days the mat versus pot/flast price disparity won't be large, so just save your gold and wait for the market to fluctuate.

Rank up your Alchemy hut in your garrison and make sure you have Work Orders going at all times so you can kick out Greater flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Don't know about other prof, but don't build enchanting building if you don't have 600+.

You get less dust when you disenchant.
    It is better to vendor.

You get less from work order.
    What on earth deranged misunderstanding of the enchanting building do you have?!?

Yeah as an alchemist and herbalist I have been making next to no money off of them since the week after the expansion came out. The highest selling WOD herb on the AH in my server group goes for like 23-27g a stack of 20 now, most flasks aren't even worth making because they go for nothing, all pots are better off just being vendored too. Bloods are down to only about 7-800g now too. Really I only make money by selling Pandaria stuff, for some reason a stack of 200 windwool is going for like 600g now for instance, it really seems the money is in farming certain old stuff now or maybe having certain garrison buildings that I don't have.