Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Orlong won't be happy until ISIS rules us. I think they might just barely be far enough to the right for him to get behind.
    I'm very right wing and Ted Cruz is my first choice. I fought against terrorist who wanted to do harm against Americans. I joined the Army and was in a Combat MOS. I fought in the military so you can be safe. What have you done for this country and others? Bitch about people like me who defend it and the constitution?

I think you have a lot more in common with ISIS then conservatives do. Obvious is obvious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    well he is either a liar or an idiot so i went with the first one
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Bitch about people like me who defend it and the constitution?
    I'm very curious what rampaging around the middle east has to do with the constitution? I'm normally willing to give our soldiers very big leeway as they do great service to our country...but our country has gone off the rails with what it considers protecting our citizens.

I think you have a lot more in common with ISIS then conservatives do. Obvious is obvious.
    Religious extremism looks very similar regardless of the religion. There is only one party that embraces religious extremists in this country.

But the reality is using it as a political attack is stupid as it's truly irrelevant. Cheap shot at conservatives and cheap shot at liberals. Neither party uses extremists as a base to actually govern.

I'm very right wing and Ted Cruz is my first choice. I fought against terrorist who wanted to do harm against Americans. I joined the Army and was in a Combat MOS. I fought in the military so you can be safe. What have you done for this country and others? Bitch about people like me who defend it and the constitution?

Yea something tells me keeping people you disagree with safe was the least of your considerations...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Obama made me buy health insurance, he's the worst dictator in history! More so than all those who had millions killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Pft, unemployment numbers don't fit his narrative, so let me introduce you to every Republican's best friend, "real unemployment" which includes children and retired people! When trying to discredit Obama, including women and retired people in your unemployment figures makes him look much worse!

Including women and children? Worked in Vietnam! Let's do this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I fought in the military so you can be safe.
    How do you think our meddling in the Middle East has contributed to the safety of American citizens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I feel bad for the poor people of Kajill. All those years of skyrocketing inflation really hit them hard...can't even find them on the map anymore.

(old joke)
    Reminds me of the joke
    Mister President, they sent 12000 Brazilian soldiers to the Middle East
    Bush: How many is a brazilian?

- - - Updated - - -

I worked in the medical field helping vets that were wounded and home stateside, and civilians, who were unable to care for themselves, home health care/hospice.

None of the vets had their freedom boners at full mast "I fought to keep you safe" entitlement, most were "I just did my job." A few did it because it was the only job they could get.

For you though, congratz. You did the job you signed up for. Gold star for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    How do you think our meddling in the Middle East has contributed to the safety of American citizens?
    Now you know as well as I do the recent American Soldier has been brain washed into believing he/she are the good guys and anyone who dares harm America is the bad guy. One of these days they'll realize that invading someone else's country and using weapons on the populace is the very same terrorism that they're led to believe they're saving us from.

EDIT: This isn't a hatred towards the military but more so that bullshit line about protecting my freedom. My freedom has never been taken away from me by a Third World Country...It's been taken from me by people in business suits.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2015-03-27 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Most vets I've met don't run around using their service to insult others on the Internet. Orlong never served in the military either. Your attempt at using a sligh against conservatives being taken as one against military is bullshit. Conservatives are the ones who sent you to war. If it was upto those evil liberals, you and your squad mates would be home with your family. Instead of fighting across the world, in a war that is less for safety, but more for politics.
    Last edited by Felya; 2015-03-27 at 06:34 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Well, yeah, they're bitching. Do you know why? Because they have the right to free speech, guaranteed in the documents which laid out the foundation of the country you fought so hard to protect. They have as much right to speak out as you do.

Once again, free speech doesn't mean "speech that I like, and not speech I don't like". You're just as free to complain about what they're complaining about, but comparing them to terrorists because they're expressing their opinions is going way too far. Of course, that is the conservative way.

GOP is going to be another clowncar in 2016 apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Cruz seems to be in the driver's seat...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6956554.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Nah, clown cars are too small and fuel efficient. They're using a clown bus that runs on coal.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Want to know the problem I have with this? You did your service for all of us and you are now acting like I'm not allowed to express my opinion because you disagree with it. So what constitution did you fight for? 9/10 when I hear people invoke the constitution they don't actually know it. They have their idea what they want and automatically assume whatever they like is constitutional and what they disagree with is unconstitutional regardless of reality.

So what do I have in common with ISIS? I believe in rights and freedom of religion. What does someone like Ted Cruz believe in? Rule by religious law and suppression of minorities.

So no I'm not bitching about people who fought for our nation, because you do not represent them. You only represent yourself. Our nation is protected by people from all walks of life and many different beliefs. Expressing my discontent about people who cannot follow something as basic as freedom of religion is not bad mouthing soldiers and veterans, it's bad mouthing people who use the word "constitution" for their own convenience but never follow it.

So no, coming to an anonymous internet board and claiming to serve in the military is not going to give you some sort of moral high ground where you can try to deny others their right to free expression.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very right wing and Ted Cruz is my first choice.
    So you're okay with an Israel Firster?

inb4: "Liberal." I'm actually pretty far-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    So you're okay with an Israel Firster?

inb4: "Liberal." I'm actually pretty far-right.
    I doubt he was even previously aware of Cruz's Israel policy.

Even though i won't be voting for Ted Cruz (as there will be better candidates than him in my opinion) I most certainly will not be voting for the incompetent Hillary Clinton and her magical disappearing hard drives, and lets not forget about how having two cell phones makes handing her multiple e-mail accounts easier! What a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Nah, clown cars are too small and fuel efficient. They're using a clown bus that runs on coal.
    Perhaps they will use Al Gores jet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Most vets I've met don't run around using their service to insult others on the Internet. Orlong never served in the military either. Your attempt at using a sligh against conservatives being taken as one against military is bullshit. Conservatives are the ones who sent you to war. If it was upto those evil liberals, you and your squad mates would be home with your family. Instead of fighting across the world, in a war that is less for safety, but more for politics.
    Actually I served 6 years in the Navy. I just dont see the point in bragging about it