Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Handicap parking spots

Do people who take these spots in shopping plazas drive you crazy? I drive a lot in my daily travels and it always irks me when I see someone who is completely able-bodied get out of their car and go into a store. Yeah sure you have the sticker on your car..but don't abuse this privilege just because you can. The worst offenders are the one with the obvious handicap and let a friend run in to the store while they stay inside the car.

Deleted
    Did you do a physical examination of the person in question or are you just assuming they are able bodied?

Deleted
    Couldn't care less. Everywhere I go the disabled spots are 95% free, as long as they have the sticker, go nuts. I get bothered by people without the sticker.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Couldn't care less. Everywhere I go the disabled spots are 95% free, as long as they have the sticker, go nuts. I get bothered by people without the sticker.
    thats a given of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    completely able-bodied
    This is more difficult to judge than most people think. Some disabilities are quite invisible from an observer's point of view (typically unless you know exactly what you're looking for), such as various conditions resulting in chronic pain. Severe arthritis is a good example of this, as you'd need to know what you're looking for to spot it in their movements (not to mention that people with chronic pain can have good days and bad days, making it even more difficult without observing them over a long period).

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less about this. My problem is with people who park in the fire lane. In my opinion they should lose their license for at least a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsdeath View Post
    I couldn't care less about this. My problem is with people who park in the fire lane. In my opinion they should lose their license for at least a month.

600 dollar fines here in Canada. I know because i'm guilty of it.

So you park in fire lanes, but blame people with handicapped stikers on their cars, because they park at handcap spots?
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

My daughter is disabled, in motorized wheel chair. If you saw my wife park in a spot then run into a store, you would think the same, "abusing the privilege". But if you would wait a few minutes, you would see she went inside to get my daughter who was shopping (she can do some minor shopping unaided). your 3 seconds of watching someone does not give you any indication of intent, motive or attitude.

you probably think the same when you see some one take the pregnant mother spot and she does not look pregnant. take care of yourself, not so much everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    So you park in fire lanes, but blame people with handicapped stikers on their cars, because they park at handcap spots?
    Really?
    there is a difference when performing your job and trying to get it done..hence the ticket. I'm talking about obvious fake sick people using handicap parking spots.

i get more pissed at people using electric shopping carts at stores, and when the thing breaks down, or whatever, they get up and walk around normally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    My daughter is disabled, in motorized wheel chair. If you saw my wife park in a spot then run into a store, you would think the same, "abusing the privilege". But if you would wait a few minutes, you would see she went inside to get my daughter who was shopping (she can do some minor shopping unaided). your 3 seconds of watching someone does not give you any indication of intent, motive or attitude.

you probably think the same when you see some one take the pregnant mother spot and she does not look pregnant. take care of yourself, not so much everyone else.
    you have a point..but for every case that is yours there is 2x more cases where there is no disabled person but just some jerk in the car abusing this privilege.

Of my limited number I of shits I have this is something I don't waste giving them on.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate FAT people without handicap stickers that take them. Have helped a 85+ year old man with a cane push his wife in a wheelchair from the back of the parking lot because some fat cunt without a sticker took the last handicap spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in a wheelchair and I don't care. I prefer parking far away in an empty corner of the parking lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I am in a wheelchair and I don't care. I prefer parking far away in an empty corner of the parking lot.
    I love your reply. Thats exactly how I do it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm annoyed at those WITHOUT a sticker or a tag in the handicap spaces.

But as for those who have it. They got it some how, if anything, be irritated at the doctor who had to sign off on the application for a handicap sticker/tag/sign.

it only bothers me when they are the only spots not taken and i cant legally park anywhere.
    Heck i usually park pretty far back, walking an extra 100 steps dosent bother me the slightest.

I have often wondered what purpose handicap spots serve at recreational (walk/bike/etc.) trails.

Some people may look physically fit on the outside, but they may have an underlying issue that could cause trouble.

For all you know they could be prone to seizures and the like that can impair them which would qualify them, rightfully so, for handicapped parking.

Think before you judge.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.