Thread: Rng dps

Rng dps

I'm a warrior. 686 ilvl. SMF.

My rotation is solely dependent on bloodthirst crits.

This results in RNG DPS and therefor my dps varies alot from fight to fight.

My only insurance is berserker rage every 30 seconds.

This results in alot of PUG kicks after 1 bad pull because of RNG.

It upsets me going 15 straight bloodthirsts with 75% crit chance and no procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

It's the same for every class with rng proc skills. As a feral drood 0 clear cast on pull = 60k dps, multiple procs = 90k dps.

But kick for a bad rng? Just say you f.ed up your rotation, will be fine next time... no way they will kick you.

If you get kicked a lot after one pull based on dps then it isn't rng's fault. You either choose bad pugs or do terrible dps.

Ret is just as RNG as anything if not more, and while RNG plays into either good, or great numbers, never will your numbers be so piss poor to warrant a kick, especially at that ilvl.

I'm going to venture to say there was more in play than just "RNG."

10+ Year Old Account
    Even worse for aff locks. There are many times you don't get any procs to even refresh SB:Haunt. Overall shit design for a majority of classes in wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I'm leveling as a fire mage and I go along and meh meh meh, last in deeeeeps, meh meh and then the procs happen and I'm pulling agro. And I get the "holy shit, fire is op" yeah, not at all. Not even close. (level 93 atm). It's fun enough, but that ever reliance on procs is a bit annoying.

Try being a ret paladin during progression. Our DPS can swing 10k on multi target fights depending on procs. Thanks Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Relimash View Post
    Try being a ret paladin during progression. Our DPS can swing 10k on multi target fights depending on procs. Thanks Obama.
    Yeah it's pretty ridiculous at how much my ret DPS swings. I'm not on mythic progression or anything like you, but I know how it feels! Especially since 4 piece basically pigeon holes us into even MORE RNG with divine purpose. I like the playstyle of divine purpose, but I do not like how it can either be "okay" numbers, or "fuck yeah this is great" numbers. lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mm hunter I feel this a bit. It's not that often but when my opener doesn't proc Toth or my AiS don't always crit with ~85% crit chance it feels so bad.

I feel your frustation OP.
    As some above have posted, many classes in wow are based on rng procs, but I think that Fury Warrior is the worse, because if your bloodthirst doesnt proc, you spend the next ~4s waiting for it to come offcooldown... imagine if the next 3 or more doesnt proc aswell? Its terrible design.
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

I main an Affliction Lock. Sometimes Nightfall can be pretty painful, but even with large droughts I can still pull enough DPS to keep from getting booted from a PuG.

I don't play a warrior, granted, but maybe there is another issue at play?
    Last edited by digiNuck; 2015-03-23 at 05:07 PM.

Hard to say if the OP doesn't have logs to back it up.

Until there are logs to look at, the only thing one can really say is user error.

Yeah I really enjoy my 5 bt non crits in a row. Such fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Under a bridge, some ware in the Badlands.
    You my friend... have never played Dungeons and Dragons!

Everything is RNG...

Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by pokcmvmxckm View Post
    Sylvanas has returned from the Maw her work complete. She has decided to live as a stay at home Mom with Nathanos at Windrunner Tower in the Ghostlands. Note; she is not a Mother, and Nathanos is a rock with a smiley face drawn in sharpie. Many people are concerned about her current mental health.

Deleted
    Bad RNG on dps shouldn't really warrant a kick from the group.

Maybe you had a crap ton of damage taken? Failed some mechanic such as hiding behind tank on BH?

I haven't ran into any group that would kick me after 1 try solely basing on low DPS.

On my BM hunter on the same fight we were progressing on I would burst 100k or 50k in the opener depending on the rng.