Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    It's a question. Not a statement.
    My answer would be, silly

There might be ocassions where it would be defendable but war in general only serves the elite and hits the small people of all sites speaking historically.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Headshots from the front are not always fatal.

It's a lot more humane and easier to just employ carbon monoxide asphyxiation.

Even with the extensive appeals process we still get false convictions.

The argument is that there is never enough certainty of guilt to justify anything resembling an 'efficient' death sentencing process. Given states like Texas, I'm starting to agree.
    im sure if you shoot someone 4 times in the head with a 44 they will be dead in seconds. no question about it. assuming a 44 isnt used in in executions another gun with a large bullet should do the trick nicely.

i dont see how theres never enough certainty of guilt.
    for instance, what if u see some guy raping some girl in a house then he ends up shooting her in the head, in plain sight of some cameras and witnesses. he flees the scene but gets quickly arrested by the cops. theres GSR on his hands, a matching bullet and 5 witnesses saw him do it. as well as security footage and motive( ex lover perhaps or something)
    at his trial he denies doing it cause well.. hes a psychopath, and he is found guilty, and given the death penalty.

now thats a lot of evidence. im not saying all cases are as cut and dry as the example above. but a case like that should have no appeals.

im still for the firing squad, although the guillotine would be a close 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    So if a man rapes and murders a little kid he should be given 3 square meals a day and a nice warm bed to sleep in? No he should be put in the ground
    The problem with this is what happens if they arrest and convict an innocent man rather than the actual perpetrator? This happens more often than many people would think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally speaking, but I'd rather be put in front of a firing squad than to be lethally injected. Then again, I'm not a criminal, unless you're referring to my criminally good looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    now thats a lot of evidence. im not saying all cases are as cut and dry as the example above. but a case like that should have no appeals.
    In the case of the state taking something away that it has no power to restore, then yes - there should always be an appeals process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.