Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    OP seems you only made this post to make people agree with you. As raid leaders who take the time to put groups together, especially it being mythic which can't be crossrealm, it is their choice as what to do. I can agree you can question him about the rules of looting, but seems you only argued for the sake of arguing and your questions were confusing at best.

Reserving is fine. If you're not bothered to make a run yourself, dont expect others to do so for you and ask nothing in return for wasting their time.

if i don't care about reserved item i'll join, if i possibly want that item i'll never help that person.

i'm sure thats how reserved works for almost every group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Are you talking to yourself?

To Smetig
    From Smetig

?

lol
    If he was talking to himself he would just receive the same message back that he sent. Also, he's sending a message "to Smetig" and receiving a message "from Smetig", could you not understand that yourself? :P Also, he's using an addon called Prat 3.0, and you're probably using the default chat which is why you're confused.

The idea is you can jump into a group and raid without having to set it up yourself. With the amount of other groups forming and group finder players no longer have that as an only option and can just go find another group if they want.

I don't agree with putting stuff on reserve, but there are so many options just ignore those, that easy eventually those groups won't get anyone to go with them
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

OP came across as a jackass. Dont like it? Dont join. It's simple. No need to harass the guy or be a dick about it.

The ONLY raids ive ever seen that involved Gold, was a GDKP run. That, or the odd "Ill pay you *insertamounthere* for that item" whisper spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'm wondering where you get a leather cape.
    Agility cape, you know what I meant *slaps at*
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Agility cape, you know what I meant *slaps at*
    Hey it's maintenance day I gotta amuse myself somehow :P

Yeah, reserved item raids are ridiculous, but OP came off more of a jackass than the RL did in this case.

You just look like a whiny baby looking for a fight. He's forming the raid and leading it which is a pretty exhausting job when it comes to pugs and he'a rewarding himself with a self reserve for his hard work. Like others have said, its HIS group.

You make it seem like he needs you and your shitty character for the kill and youre trying to force him to reward you for your volunteer.

Get over yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    please dont misunderstand me, i think reserving an item and giving 5k gold as a raidroll if it drops or something like that is fine, but reserving with nothing as complimentary reward for not getting that item is not alright.

Guy asking for mythic kargath group in /2, i asked him about some stuff about an item he had reserved.

what are your thought's, is this alright?
    You sound like a massive headache. The guy is putting together the group (which isn't easy and involves a lot of hassle) is free to make as many rules as he likes, seems a bit hypercritical to enforce your rules over his.

Raid leader has the right to make as many rules as they like as long as everyone knows about it pre raid, all is clear and everyone agrees.

If his demands are ridiculous no one will join and you don't need to either. There is nothing stopping you doing the same but without reservation rules or your gold rule.

If he failed to inform the whole raid about an item reservation then ML the item then that's another story but this kind of reservation is nothing new.

It exists because people are lazy and stupid. Someone wants to reserve an item? Its fine as long as he announces it before hand. You dont like that? Then dont join. Starting a raid group and dealing with inviting people and leading people is a pain. That person decided hes going to reserve a piece of loot because of the effort hes going to put in. Dont like it? Then start your own group but dont complain thats too much work to do. If anything, you joining a group and having the exact same chance at loot as the person who is setting everything up and leading is not fair for the leader.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    please dont misunderstand me, i think reserving an item and giving 5k gold as a raidroll if it drops or something like that is fine, but reserving with nothing as complimentary reward for not getting that item is not alright.

Guy asking for mythic kargath group in /2, i asked him about some stuff about an item he had reserved.

Him taking his time to create a group to drag you through it is what lets him reserve something.

If you don't like it find another group? not hard.

I always find the pug way of distributing loots to be lackluster, inefficient.

On Chinese servers, they have a type of pug runs they call "Gold guild", some people call it GDKP here on US servers, but it's not that popular, in which you have workers and bidders, basically the workers carry the bidders and bidders bid on loots as they drop, the winning bid will be distributed evenly among the workers.

This system that they use is very harmonic, everyone is a winner, it gives a reason for overgeared players to come back to content that is already on farm to have some fun making gold, and it also help out people who are trying to gearing up their alts. If the price for loot is typically a bit lower than the average price on AH, I assure you a shit load of bidders would be willing to hand out their wallet to gear up their toons.

Honestly this is the first time I'd ever even heard of someone expecting a "gift" if the stated reserved item dropped.

Your "gift" is the chance to join the raid, potentially get loot, and the pleasure of NOT herding random pugs together to get through the raid. Honestly if I were the raid leader I'd have probably ignored you a lot sooner in the conversation, you don't come across very well.

If you don't like the pug leader's raid rules, then don't join. No need to try and turn it into something bigger than it is.

Deleted
    Pugging is terrible, it was good before Group Finder killed Openraid.
    Now all pugs are filled with either a leader who is undergeared and wants boost or everything on reserve.

Openraid actually gave you an incentive to keep a good reputation, Group Finder is just random nonsense in comparision.

And to the people who have never heard of what OP is talking about before:
    Its common to raidroll gold on mounts etc if its reserved, like Invincible from Lich King for example.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2015-03-24 at 03:53 PM.

I have never heard of offering gold for something like that.

That being said, if I create a group, I can pretty much run it however I see fit, as long as I tell everyone before they join. It's my group, I set the rules and I can't make you join my group. So if you don't like it, why bother?

As to the reason why some people reserve an item, let me make an example (although I've never done it myself, but I have contemplated it):

Before last weekend, I had pretty much every item I could possibly get from BRF HC. Everything, except Ka'graz Burning Blade. Now I'm a DK tank, this item is BiS for me and I had a crappy ilvl 670 weapon (with a total average ilvl of 685). Basically, the ONLY reason for me to join a BRF raid was to have a chance to see that weapon drop. There was no other reason for me to spend hours in that dungeon, learning fights with people who have 20 ilvl less than me and who haven't killed bosses I beat weeks ago. Now imagine my frustration when some retpaladin with an ilvl 670 weapon and an average ilvl of 672 joins the raid, fails miserably because he was never there, does 13k dps - and wins the blade at Ka'graz. Motiviation = gone.

I could have prevented this if I just locked that item for me and created a group. Everybody who joins can enjoy a solid raid with a tank who knows what he's doing and has good gear and for every single item EXCEPT one, the raid is just like every other PuG out there. If you are a class that does NOT use a 2h weapon, you wouldn't even care about a locked 2h sword. So why in the flying frakk would I pay people 5k gold?

Reserved item raids are the dumbest shit a spoiled entitled wow's community has created. Sadly OP you can do nothing but boycott such activity.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHA! It's his raid. It's his rules. I run a 20 man mythic guild, who RARELY pugs. On the off chance we do need to pug, we ALMOST always have a couple reserves. Wanna know why? Because its OUR raid. We hate pugs. Almost all pugs are worse then our core members, with very few exceptions. Being a pug entitles you to nothing except the kill, and the loot rules that the RAID LEADER has established. I cant stand posts like these because it is usually just OP whining about he is not good enough to join a real raiding group, so he wants perfect pugs who just hands loot out.

Pugs need to realize that we DO NOT NEED YOU. And there are probably hundreds of other people killing for a chance to get in. Granted this is all based on a high-end Heroic/Mythic raiding, so this doesnt apply to Normal and Autism mode.

The real problem are the idiots who actually join raids with reserved items, rather than the people who make the raids.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Are you talking to yourself?

To Smetig
    From Smetig

?

lol
    ಠ_ಠ

edit 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by kajeet18 View Post
    HAHAHA! It's his raid. It's his rules. I run a 20 man mythic guild, who RARELY pugs. On the off chance we do need to pug, we ALMOST always have a couple reserves. Wanna know why? Because its OUR raid. We hate pugs. Almost all pugs are worse then our core members, with very few exceptions. Being a pug entitles you to nothing except the kill, and the loot rules that the RAID LEADER has established. I cant stand posts like these because it is usually just OP whining about he is not good enough to join a real raiding group, so he wants perfect pugs who just hands loot out.

Pugs need to realize that we DO NOT NEED YOU. And there are probably hundreds of other people killing for a chance to get in. Granted this is all based on a high-end Heroic/Mythic raiding, so this doesnt apply to Normal and Autism mode.
    You sound like an insufferable douchebag who runs a sub-par guild but is still elitist about it anyway. Good lord. You might want to think about what you post next time.
    Last edited by solarfallz; 2015-03-24 at 04:01 PM.

Judging by that dialogue you really like wasting time.
    I am not really a friend of the general practice but I see scenarios where it's perfectly fine.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2015-03-24 at 03:59 PM.