10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to try this game again for the first time in forever. Last time I played was the few weeks after it launched, then I gave up because my old computer couldn't handle it. How did the meta game turn out? My favorite aspect of the game was that there were really no restrictions on what you can play, but I imagine after all these years some combinations turned out better than others. Would I be at a disadvantage if I played a Heavy Armor orc healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I'm going to try this game again for the first time in forever. Last time I played was the few weeks after it launched, then I gave up because my old computer couldn't handle it. How did the meta game turn out? My favorite aspect of the game was that there were really no restrictions on what you can play, but I imagine after all these years some combinations turned out better than others. Would I be at a disadvantage if I played a Heavy Armor orc healer?
    yes if you want to do veteran group content. not particularly if you want to do anything else. you loose out on a lot of armor passives from light armor 5 piece, by sticking to heavy (heavy has its own passives, but they are more about survivability then magika) you will HAVE to use a healing staff, unless your orc is a templar or a warden (they have their dedicated healing skill trees, everyone else has to supplement with a healing staff). that aside, I heal normal content on an imperial sorc (zero bonuses to magika basically, and the rest of her build is not super optimal either) and do just fine.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-06-18 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...apparently Bethesda.net won't let me log in because its been too long...trouble is I don't have access to the email I used to create the account anymore. I cant update it because they won't let me sign in...THE FUCK DO I DO NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Well...apparently Bethesda.net won't let me log in because its been too long...trouble is I don't have access to the email I used to create the account anymore. I cant update it because they won't let me sign in...THE FUCK DO I DO NOW?
    Maybe try making an account on https://help.elderscrollsonline.com. Not sure if its possible but might beable to.

I'm kinda in a similar situation where I'm trying to post on the bug forums about a bug but I need an invitation code to that I musta misplaced when the game first came out so not sure what to do atm.

7+ Year Old Account

Does Elder Scrolls Morrowind hold up?

now I have heard many good things about Morrowind but I am wondering if there are any clunky or unfun mechanics of Morrowind that I should know about before buying the game that could or would ruin the experience?

Are you talking about the MMORPG or the singleplayer one? The singleplayer one aged very poorly. The combat system is atrocious, can be fixed with mods though. If heavily modded - it's okay.
    If you're talking about the MMORPG, it's a solid 7 out 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you buying for PC or console? If you're buying for PC, all the unfun mechanics I can think of can be easily modded out... If you're buying for console, don't... just don't.

The most obvious one is that whether you hit or miss is RNG based on your weapon skill, regardless of your attacks clearly making contact, and spells having a similar mechanic in fizzling out and doing nothing based on your skill with the spell school, purely off RNG. A combat overhaul mod can fix that right up though.

It was an excellent game for it's time, but it's time was 15 years ago (now I feel old), so, expect things to not be how you're used to in Skyrim, or even Oblivion.

EDIT: WHY was this moved to the ESO megathread? Pretty sure the poster (Sir Riptor) was asking about TES:III Morrowind, not ESO Morrowind.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-07-03 at 07:30 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    now I have heard many good things about Morrowind but I am wondering if there are any clunky or unfun mechanics of Morrowind that I should know about before buying the game that could or would ruin the experience?
    Combat and movement is still clunky mostly at lower level when your skill is low since it's all dice rolls in the background but other then that still a great game if the graphics does bug you a bit you can mod that of course but now a days I would suggest getting the morrowind code patch to fix the elft over bugs and issues.

other then that maybe get morrowind overhaul updates some of the graphics view distance and higher resolution textures this also includes the code patch few stability fixes and the installation process is mostly automated.

you can find it on the nexus if you want to try it out I would.

So, I bought Morrowind on launch day and have put about 20 hours into it, I stopped playing like a 2 weeks ago due to performance issues for some reason, I thought it was fun enough but not amazing. I was hoping to really enjoy it, and I did like some of the questlines, but I can say it wasn't worth the price tag at all, hopefully I get more time out of it soon but as of right now, meh.

For the record I do think the game is one of the beter mmorpgs available, it's just that this doesn't feel like an "expansion" which, even if they didn't call it one, it was still priced like one.

I will continue playing though, and I must say the PC version is FAAAR superior to the Xbox One version which I had a few months ago.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

IF the issues seem to be on the games end try turning down water reflections and turn off distortion if the issue happens in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Free subscription trial starting July 5th! I recommend you start by obtaining the blade of woe from the Dark Brotherhood intro questline before the time is up.

People who are already subscribed get a free crown crate every day they log in during the event!

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...us-bonus-event

would also HIGHLY recommend to dye any costumes you might be using. since without subscription, you can only use crown store dye stamps.

I'm going to reply to this here since whoever moved your post here ate my reply when the thread was merged. It seemed pretty obvious that he was asking about Elder Scrolls III, not the MMORPG, so if it's about the MMORPG, whatever, who fucking knows.

To put it mildly, yes, there are plenty of clunky and unfun mechanics in Morrowind. Combat is basically an afterthought with no mechanics to speak of. A lot of NPCs are plainly copy-paste dialogue with the same bland gossip options. The game requires a fan patch to solve bugs in the final version. There are no modern conveniences like a decent quest tracker, automated fast travel, etc. There is no level scaling so the first sign you have entered an area too threatening for your character will likely be your brutal death to a seemingly innocuous NPC. The character models are absolutely fucking hideous by default (something that persists into Oblivion and Skyrim).

And yet, the clunkiness is rather part of the appeal, in a sense. The lack of handholding or direction gives you a remarkable freedom. The lack of level scaling or sensible balance means you can create an insanely overpowered character if you can figure out the game's intricate and arcane subsystems. You can mod in many improvements to the game's map, interface and quest log, not to mention more sophisticated stuff like overhauling the graphics and gameplay. This is a game that lets you head to the Ghostlands fortress and shoplift a whole set of glass armor before you do any quests, or teach yourself magic to superjump a thousand feet in the air and move across the continent like the fucking Hulk.

Morrowind is likely to be extremely fucking cheap so I don't think you'll be out too much money even if you loathe it. Maybe give it a shot.

You cannot move the saved games between the versions in different languages, as they will be very broken.
    Both the mods and official expansions are not compatible with different language versions and cause game logic errors.
    The mod loading order can cause massive gameplay errors.
    The game uses its folder to store saved games. Also it doesn't keep the backup save.
    The magic is useless, as the spell cost is constant, it is a good 30-40% chance to fail the spell loosing the mana, and the mana is not regenerating and the mana restore rate is not related to Willpower.
    All NPCs use the same dialog lines and there are no voiceovers.
    The dialog and quests can be easily broken by mods, and different language mods break the quests completely.
    Stealing is useless, as stealing flag is global. If you've stolen a hammer, all hammers in the world are now considered stolen and everyone can take them all from you.

These two console commands are mandatory to know:
    fixme if you've stuck in the environment, and
    goodbye if you get a dialogue loop.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2017-07-04 at 07:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    gotta say, i really enjoy the game.

kind of regret not buying morrowind, but i wanted to test the base game before buying the expansion.
    welp gonna get it next time.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    gotta say, i really enjoy the game.

kind of regret not buying morrowind, but i wanted to test the base game before buying the expansion.
    welp gonna get it next time.
    if you are talking about the MMO.. its still on sale till tomorrow at least

https://account.elderscrollsonline.c...rowind_upgrade

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...CANO0000000000

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...e/bnz8cxhjnlsh. and that's just direct buys, you can likely find better deals
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-07-04 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The most obvious one is that whether you hit or miss is RNG based on your weapon skill, regardless of your attacks clearly making contact, and spells having a similar mechanic in fizzling out and doing nothing based on your skill with the spell school, purely off RNG. A combat overhaul mod can fix that right up though.
    Well to be honest the issue with that is that the game failed to have animations to convey when enemy parries or dodges, which those "visible hitting misses" represent. The system itself is actually quite intricate and interesting, taking in various skills and attributes as well as your current level of stamina (Sloppy hits when getting tired)
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Just recently started playing ESO, was a fan of Morrowind back in the day, and the xpac got me to play. Have a question, and cannot fine the answer online.

There are these quests that are basically repeatable quests from the same NPCs, but send you to different parts of Vvanderfel. One is to hunt down/kill an animal, the other is to collect relics. When I turn in these quests, they give me a reward that is called either a Commendation, or a Medal, or something to that effect. A different name for each quest reward. They are blue (rare) quality, have 0 g value, cannot be sold, cannot go in the bank, and are taking up bag space.

What do I do with these? Delete them? Carry them around? Or do they have a function somewhere (such as act as a currency)? I want them out of my bags, but don't want to delete them in case they're important for something.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharfox View Post
    Just recently started playing ESO, was a fan of Morrowind back in the day, and the xpac got me to play. Have a question, and cannot fine the answer online.

There are these quests that are basically repeatable quests from the same NPCs, but send you to different parts of Vvanderfel. One is to hunt down/kill an animal, the other is to collect relics. When I turn in these quests, they give me a reward that is called either a Commendation, or a Medal, or something to that effect. A different name for each quest reward. They are blue (rare) quality, have 0 g value, cannot be sold, cannot go in the bank, and are taking up bag space.

What do I do with these? Delete them? Carry them around? Or do they have a function somewhere (such as act as a currency)? I want them out of my bags, but don't want to delete them in case they're important for something.
    They are containers, you should be able to open them, inside their is a piece of set gear, an ash canvas style material and maybe an ashlander motif page.

I was subscribed to ESO Plus before 5th of July, however I'm not receiving my free crates. What am I doing wrong? Or did I misunderstand something.