10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Just about every class can do this to an extent. I think Nightstalkers are the best at what you say, but obviously play is going to feel rogueish. You can build a light armor magic based using dual wield or a 2h if you wish to manifest a battlemage. I think it's a more apt build than using a melee weapon on the sorc, but that would be possible too.

The difference would be that the Nightstalker is designed to be a melee class, but has a line of leeching/magic abilities that compliment that range whereas a sorc is clearly intended to be a ranged class that just 'can' be in melee and swinging a melee weapon for no reason other than to do it.

Just my opinion though, ymmv. Technically you can 'do anything' but some things will seem much more apropos than others.
    Nice! It just so happened the videos I watched were from a Nightblade's perspective so I was kinda leaning in that direction. =)

I'll also watch that video when I get home Philefluxx.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    With the B2P transition, and a little extra cash coming in, I'm going to snag this and see how it is. I've watched some videos and it "looks" to play similar to GW2, and PvP looks like a lot of fun (just without that stupid "Downed State"). Even with only having 4 base classes its going to be tough to figure out which one to pick. Is there a "BattleMage" style that anyone would recommend (like a Fighter/Mage that relies on melee, but has spells for Ranged and Support)?
    You can be Magicka Tank and there are even item sets for them, Sorcerer Magicka Tank has Storm Knight, DK magicka tank has Elf Bane etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csY7RYF4rKQ

This video basically sold me on the game yesterday. If 80% of what this guy says and shows in game is completely true to the extent of how he presents it I think I am going to love this game.
    Game does look nice with some questionable animations here and there. Sound and music is great... when a dark anchor pops in the distance it really is cool. Still not far into the game but the moral choices are often great. It is normal for multiple choices that are both good or both bad depending on how you look at those choices. I am not into stealing and stuff so I can't comment on that. Crafting so far is great... it really is useful and that adds to the fun imo. Dark anchor events could be better but I still find them fun. I am on PS4 but the community seems decent so far but its hard to talk to each other since we only have voice chat.

The questing really has me hooked and I agree with what he said. You are not the "chosen one" like most mmos. It isn't all about you which is nice for a change.

I may not play it long term like I have in FFXI, XIV, WoW or EQ but I will be playing for a while because the solo part of the game alone is a lot of fun and interesting enough for me to want to complete it.

EDIT: Something I feel is important about this game is the developers appear to be listening. FFXIV ARR has gone the same way... they are listening to their customers (not the whiners) and making a better game for it while companies like Blizzard have decided to do whatever they want and starting to struggle with that mindset.
    Last edited by Ulfhedinn; 2015-07-01 at 08:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    The questing really has me hooked and I agree with what he said. You are not the "chosen one" like most mmos. It isn't all about you which is nice for a change.
    Did the video really present that as a point? B/c you totally are the chosen one and can only do the things in the story because MB stole your soul and you're still living. Not that your overall point isn't true, but this is still a very you centric/chosen one story. TES has always had that sort of aspect to it, but there's just a lot of other strong characters around you that you need as well which makes it feel different, even if you are the star.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the video really present that as a point? B/c you totally are the chosen one and can only do the things in the story because MB stole your soul and you're still living. Not that your overall point isn't true, but this is still a very you centric/chosen one story. TES has always had that sort of aspect to it, but there's just a lot of other strong characters around you that you need as well which makes it feel different, even if you are the star.
    The guy in the video basically puts it like this "You are special, but you're not the only one hence the reason why you have other people around with you. You are part of many adventurers pushing for a cause. It works very well for an MMO". I sort of took this similar to the way FF14 considers all player characters to be adventurers and all the NPCs see you as 1 of many special people in the world. Where as other games make you out to be the center of the universe along with the guy besides you and the guy beside him and the guy....

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    The guy in the video basically puts it like this "You are special, but you're not the only one hence the reason why you have other people around with you. You are part of many adventurers pushing for a cause. It works very well for an MMO". I sort of took this similar to the way FF14 considers all player characters to be adventurers and all the NPCs see you as 1 of many special people in the world. Where as other games make you out to be the center of the universe along with the guy besides you and the guy beside him and the guy....
    Basically yes... you are special but you are not the only one. Also the parts of the story that focus on you tend to be solo which helps this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm giving it a try. I'll have to use voice commands so hope ESO will play nice with my software.

Deleted
    I must say that the new creative director Rich Lambert is already making a better impression then the previous guy.. He's atleast more active in the community as of yet.

Now I hope that's still the case in a few weeks, but it's a good first impression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've played it all day and I'm hooked. Sword and board templar currently but might try nightblade archer

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here, having a blast. The game plays much more like a TES game than I would have expected given some of the bad reviews. Its definitely not exactly like the TES series but it is quite an interesting TES-MMO hybrid. Granted Im only lvl 7, but definitely worth the box price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticHound View Post
    hey all any ps4 guilds going?
    For anyone interested I started one, mainly just a guild with like 2 other people from my work but feel free to message/add friend on PSN.

PSN: iskalla74

Just let me know youre from Mmochamp, guild is The Black Swordsmen
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

10+ Year Old Account
    Dinked around a bit this weekend. Put about 5 hours into. It definitely doesn't feel like an MMO, not early on at least. I'm not sure about class either because I made a Nightblade first and have been cruising through the opening mobs without any effort. I then made a Sorcerer and was actually getting slightly hurt, and not having a lot of fun until I got some more of the Lightning skills. Those I like! But Nightblade seems to be the better class (for now at least).

Deleted
    recently bought two copies for me and a friend on pc the game works fine for me but he is having some major issues getting the game to work. He keeps getting the 209 error when trying to play the game. We've tried everything on the website and reddit etc.. seems like a really random issue and could be anything. so im wondering if anyones experienced this in the past and how they "fixed" the problem.

patch tonight and maybe it will sort the problem out itself.. but probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    recently bought two copies for me and a friend on pc the game works fine for me but he is having some major issues getting the game to work. He keeps getting the 209 error when trying to play the game. We've tried everything on the website and reddit etc.. seems like a really random issue and could be anything. so im wondering if anyones experienced this in the past and how they "fixed" the problem.

patch tonight and maybe it will sort the problem out itself.. but probably not.
    It's a pretty random error sometimes you can close the client and restart it and it won't show up other then that all you can do is run the repair tool or attach the report the game consultant made on their support forums.

Or you can possibly bypass it by running the game from the exe it's self.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2015-07-06 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    It's a pretty random error sometimes you can close the client and restart it and it won't show up other then that all you can do is run the repair tool or attach the report the game consultant made on their support forums.

Or you can possibly bypass it by running the game from the exe it's self.
    yeah they have yet to get back to us.. but non of the other solutions have worked

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/07/ta...-here-to-stay/

Because everyone loves veteran ranks so much -_-
    ...Why do people make mistakes like this? Feedback: no one likes VR. Response: oh ok, here's this new system and we'll get rid of the bad one. Time passes. New Feature: we're increasing VR levels. Feedback:...but we said we didn't want that system.

I don't even.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Hmm, I'm somewhat tempted to start playing again after leaving few months after the launch. Always liked the game itself but deeply loathed the inventory/bank/Guild store systems. Always felt the urge to go egg the house of the developers who were responsible for those parts , and I'm usually quite patient person when it comes to games. Any improvements there?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    guess i'm uninstalling eso goodbye i hardly knew ya
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

...Why do people make mistakes like this? Feedback: no one likes VR. Response: oh ok, here's this new system and we'll get rid of the bad one. Time passes. New Feature: we're increasing VR levels. Feedback:...but we said we didn't want that system.

I don't even.
    Banging my head over this one too...

First, Zenimax didn't live up to their word, and second, they are just making it even harder to catch up and play.