Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So lets say he got off the first chaos bolt had 6 stacks of backdraft, first cast takes 2 sec, you obviously didn't notice this because you were cc'd or terrible, or a combination. So the first one goes off, 2nd one 1.75 sec cast with backdrafts, then we have a 3rd one where your stupid teammate, or you dispelled an immolate during wlock burst. it casts at roughly 1.2 seconds, now we have approximately 3 seconds between the first cast going off until the 3rd cast going off. Idk how people manage to do the math that it takes 7.5 seconds. lets say he has roughly 10% haste too, making it <3 seconds

in the first place he got off 2 1.75 sec chaos bolts in a row and that is your fault, then let him get off a quicker one due to dispelling rather than healing.
    Its the best possible outcome for him to get off 3 chaos bolts, the stars have to align perfectly though, so while it is highly unlikely that this is what happened it is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mordrac View Post
    tbh, might be some new exploit.

a warrior did something similar to me with siegebreaker.
    hit me 4 times (fury with off hand procs, so 2x siegebreaker) with it in 2 secs. its cooldown is 45 sec,
    and it got no charges or free procs so far as i know. and it wasnt multistrike.

they should add a timestamp to the recap.
    any decent player is already using a damage meter for this though, thus you already have a timer.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-03-25 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundmax View Post
    for me to go from +90% health to dead before I could even react.
    so you let a warlock cast 3 chaos bolts on you with cooldowns up, which is atleast 6 seconds of cast time, And you say you couldn't react to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicator View Post
    However he could have used backdraft charges from both conflags. They can reduce the cast time of 2 chaos bolts by 30%. However it would seem that (unless he conflaged offtarget after that incin) he would only have backdrafts for 1 cb due to the usage of one incinerate on you before cbs.
    you do realise how conflag and incinerate works? if you cast incinerate then conflag twice it is determined by the range wheter or not the 2nd conflag hits before the incinerate. And incinerate travel time being higher than a gcd is not unusual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can be done in 3 seconds absolutely legit, double backdraft + whatever haste proc or buff + immolate dispelled...

I guess if lucky can squeeze it in near 2 seconds.

Dat Incinerate thou: 6255 on a 2 second cast. Talk about wet noodle....

10+ Year Old Account
    before I could even react
    You must be really slow then. Each cast is like 3 sec and you only see those numbers when the lock turns bright red.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Can be done in 3 seconds absolutely legit, double backdraft + whatever haste proc or buff + immolate dispelled...

I guess if lucky can squeeze it in near 2 seconds.

So much this! This happened to me in a bg, got reckt with 3 CB in row! XD

but I play hunter so I deserved it I guess!

Nothing to complain about. Destro locks are terrible in 2s. They cant do a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    So much this! This happened to me in a bg, got reckt with 3 CB in row! XD

but I play hunter so I deserved it I guess!
    Truer words have never been spoken regardless of the context.

Well...I don't have slow reactions no...but this really did happen in less than 2 seconds start to finish. Maybe I should have recorded it ._.
    No it didn't.

There are 3 Chaos Bolts there, and 1 multistrike. Even with a good amount of haste those 3 Chaos Bolts will take 7 seconds total to cast, plus 1-2 seconds of travel time each.

This happened in 2s today.

I should say...I'm not pissed but I'm rather curious what had to happen here (aside from a logical multistrike proc) for me to go from +90% health to dead before I could even react. Ultimately, I've never been familiar with playing a lock.
    Hard to tell just from a summary of your death, but it looks like the other team set you up for the kill. That's really the only thing they can do, and in this case he succeeded.

As far as people telling you not to let a lock cast CB. You may be able to stop him once or twice, but they've definitely relaxed anti-casting abilitles so that players could cast. A well-timed AoE fear or shadowfury is more than enough time for a lock to get a CB off....that being said, I do think you messed up royally somehow to allow yourself to be hit with a CB 4 times without popping a defensive CD, CCing the lock or making an effort to LoS the lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No it didn't.

There are 3 Chaos Bolts there, and 1 multistrike. Even with a good amount of haste those 3 Chaos Bolts will take 7 seconds total to cast, plus 1-2 seconds of travel time each.
    This thread is quite amazing: people post so often without reading. Before your answer 3 different posters have explained how it's possible to do it anywhere near 3 seconds. Yet you come in an post that it's 7, disregarding actual gameplay mechanics. It's amazing really.

Still irrelevant - park any mongoloid melee or hunter on warlock.

You have reduced his DPS output to zero and made him a liability to his team.

L2P issue, nothing more.

it is possible, i cant link but look up warlololock 100-0 in 0.5 sec

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people here seems to think chaos bolt is 3 sec cast -.- while it is 2.5sec with 0 haste 1.75 with backdraft. With no procs no haste on your gear you could chain 3 CBs in 6 seconds. And that is doable while your target is CCd. Fear them cast 2 CBs, fear wont break until the first one lands, mortal coil/stun and cast the other.