crystal combustion removed

you can no longer spread ignites from prismatic crystal onto targets near it, ive tried all afternoon and it just simply does not work anymore

i didnt see any patch notes, and the standard 2pc combust still works fine, so my question is why nerf this for only single target that is rarely used?

i dont really care too much about this fire single target nerf but im just kinda angry blizzard didnt put this in todays patch notes at all
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2015-03-24 at 10:33 PM.

Works fine for me.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Doesn't work on low lvl dummies ,works fine on normal ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Doesn't work on low lvl dummies ,works fine on normal ones.
    same here

Deleted
    still works for me

its something to do with lower level mobs perhaps, maybe a bug?

i tried it on an MSV solo clear and it didnt work on any boss, yet apparently it still works in BRF?

PC interacts strangely with low level mobs anyway. The damage it does doesn't benefit from the level difference. I just go with Meteor or Kindling and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    PC interacts strangely with low level mobs anyway. The damage it does doesn't benefit from the level difference.
    Most things that do "secondary"* damage seems to do this. Icicles from Frost Mastery has the same problem.

* What I mean by "secondary" is damage that turns into other damage or damage that is "copied" in some way. Both PC and Icicles work this way. Surprisingly though, Ignite and Combustion DON'T have this problem. Maybe because they're DoTs/debuffs on the target? *shrug*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Most things that do "secondary"* damage seems to do this. Icicles from Frost Mastery has the same problem.
    Shouldn't that be right? Topic Doubledipping. The Mastery stores a % of the dmg done (which is increased). So the icicle already has the dmgincrease build in.
    PC is a little different here because of the fact that the PC is lvl 100.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Shouldn't that be right? Topic Doubledipping. The Mastery stores a % of the dmg done (which is increased). So the icicle already has the dmgincrease build in.
    PC is a little different here because of the fact that the PC is lvl 100.
    Icicles have always used base damage, before damage mods. It didn't do this early beta, but it had issues where people could Frostbolt a critter and launch a huge Icicle at people in PVP.

Why whould you wanna spread combustion from crystal anyway? you build ur ginite, then 2x infernoblast it and combust the target you cleaved to.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW how u can build much ignite on crystal !? normally i have 20k+ without crystal! with crystal as 15k its gone

Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    PC interacts strangely with low level mobs anyway. The damage it does doesn't benefit from the level difference. I just go with Meteor or Kindling and call it good.
    why would that matter on 90 content tho

yes it works had a 97k combustion on gruul yesterday, and no it doesnt work on low level mobs probably due to the bonus dmg we get not applying to the crystal since it counts as a lvl 100 i think?

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    yes it works had a 97k combustion on gruul yesterday, and no it doesnt work on low level mobs probably due to the bonus dmg we get not applying to the crystal since it counts as a lvl 100 i think?
    once again. why does it not work in MSV then on level 90 mobs? trying to figure it out because the old content buff isnt enabled there