Poll: How many gold do you have?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Poll's really not specific enough. If I really added up every toon's money it just might go above 10k gold but the difference in buying power between 10,001g and 25,001g is enormous and that option goes all the way to 100,000.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

All I know for sure is that everybody I know has had less issues with gold this expansion than they ever did before. Between garrison stuff, crafted gear, and the barn it just seems relatively easy to make gold now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even counted. But majority are capped Silly limits. And let's not even talk about how much "junk" my banks have. x.x Most are just old stuff that are no longer available and will increase in price every week, tcg items and tons of seasonal pets that people are giving away almost free during the holidays, lol. It's not a bad deal either, each 10g turns into 500g easily ツ

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Had comfortably over 100k at the start of the expansion, but with 6 level 100s I've been pretty surprised by how much of a gold sink they are in terms of setting up Garrisons. I made what I spent several times over, and spent it again. I'm pretty subsistence with gold, I don't hoard it, but don't have trouble affording stuff when I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Across my two EU accounts my addon tells me, 450.593 gold. Unknown with my US, been frozen for quite some time, if I recall about 20k?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

52,000, although I never broke the 15k mark before WoD. I got lucky with a few BoE items from my salvage yard that sold nicely, and I started selling some of the BoE blacksmithing/jewelcrafting stuff once I got past the point of needing it for myself. But yeah, that 52k is by far the most money I've ever had in WoW.

Nothing against people who do it, but actively pimping the AH and having pages of auctions to deal with is not something I have the patience to do. Most money I make in game has always come from daily quests, vendoring trash from old raid xmog runs, and the occasional lucky BoE pickup that I can sell on the AH.

edit: I just remembered that I have a few alts with 1k gold here and there scattered around. The total might be closer to 60k. I don't use that altoholic mod or whatever it's called, so that's just an estimate.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-03-25 at 03:53 PM.

140k on main currently. A bit more spread over all chars, but not even close to 500k. Had around a million at the end of Cata though, but gave it away before i went on a break throughout MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If your family have multiple accounts, add all together.
    Uh... well... ME JUST ME, my monk has 20K and the other 20 toons have a combined.... like 45-50K range, over 3 servers. My "FAMILY"... 20-25 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Poll's really not specific enough. If I really added up every toon's money it just might go above 10k gold but the difference in buying power between 10,001g and 25,001g is enormous and that option goes all the way to 100,000.
    Not really. That's just one battle pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    And let's not even talk about how much "junk" my banks have.
    Yeah, if I sold off what's in my guild alt banks... shit.

Grammar nazi screams inside of me.."How much gold do you have?" or "What's the amount of gold you have at the moment?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant poll. Liquid gold is useless. It's just a tool.
    Assets, both BoE and BoP are what makes an account worth something.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I've got almost 300k after spending 140k plus whatever garrison upgrades cost across 4 100s. Now I don't really have anything to buy so I'll probably just keep letting it climb

What garrison buildings do you regularly farm? Forge / Mine? Alch? 2.5M is an insane amount of gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    2.5m and counting thanks garrisons for the afk money.
    2.5M... how???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verawang View Post
    What garrison buildings do you regularly farm? Forge / Mine? Alch? 2.5M is an insane amount of gold.
    My money maker set up in the garrisons are
    Mine/Garden maxed.
    Dwarven Bunker/War mill and salvage yard maxed
    Barracks maxed and Inn lvl 2, for max followers/specialization.
    Thousands of gold collected from 10+ toons that way every single day.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    997k or something atm. Only thing i spend my gold ATM is some repairs. I don't care about pets/mounts and definitely won't buy gear from anyone. Last time i sold something in AH was last year when i sold few stacks of WoD ores and herbs cheap. I have over 5k of both ores and over 2k of every herb but i'm too lazy to even try to sell them. Never done any AH "business" really. I just loot everything and use my own materials. Also garrison follower missions. I don't think i'm gonna buy any wow tokens though.

I never had any savage bloods though, MAYBE i will buy some from AH when their price drops to mega low amount and then upgrade few weapons for my alts. Maybe. I have thousands of primal spirits which i could use to buy bloods.

I would have like 2 millions now if i had more than 1 maxed garrison and treasure finder traits on my followers (zero on my main) and actually tried to sell materials. Also i may have some really valuable transmog items on my bank alts but meh.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2015-03-25 at 05:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    200K gained through AFK garrison whoring since launch. Literally haven't AH'd an item or interacted with another player. That doesn't include the ~20K+ each it cost to get all 9 of my 100s to level 3 garrison buildings.

Deleted
    altoholic says 250kg,not picking herbs/mine for a few months (i dont sell profesion stuff neither)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Not really. That's just one battle pet.
    10k gets you a 640 trinket. 25k can get you a mythic BOE on a good day. Or as many as 31 Hourglasses that you can hold on to an relist at a higher price another day. It's a massive difference.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2015-03-25 at 06:12 PM. Reason: ilvls are hard yo
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Probably around 40-50k across my characters. I used to have a bit more, but buying the 5 panthers and one engineering rocket killed me. And yeah, spending gold on my garrison annoys me, I'd rather save up for more mounts.

I have no idea what you super rich people do with all that gold, I think I'd spend it pretty much instantly if I had it. Do you, like, store it up somewhere and use it as a swimming pool like Scrooge McDuck ? Though I guess this question is going to be solved in a couple of days with the WoW token.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    2.5m and counting thanks garrisons for the afk money.
    How many characters do you do garrisons on to get that kind of money?