Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    bad analogy

this is equal to someone selling something and then finds out one customers that wants to buy is someone who he doesnt like and refuses to sell to that customer
    Who says stabbing people isn't his business? Why are you trying to disrupt his business?

10+ Year Old Account
    that dictating what people can or cant do with their own business stuff and customers is wrong
    I just laid out for you how everyone wins, do you have a rebuttal other than "people should be allowed to treat each other like shit based on arbitrary principles" because we already have laws preventing that so extending it to service in a shop is really no great leap or change in direction.

I'm not allowed to discriminate against you because I might think "aww he's a nigger" but I am allowed to not service you in a shop because "aww he's a nigger". Your argument is that crossing that door into a shop somehow changes the whole situation. Why?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Sorry, but no. We had literally this same exact discussion 50 years ago, and it didn't work out too well for those on the side of discrimination.
    so let the companies who discriminate go out of money because they get no customers then instead of forcing people to abide by law

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Sorry, but no. We had literally this same exact discussion 50 years ago, and it didn't work out too well for those on the side of discrimination.
    It's ok though, homosexuals are only 3/5th of a person...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the free, is just a slogan anyway without real value.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Land of the free, is just a slogan anyway without real value.
    There DO seem to be a lot of restrictions to it don't there ?

Unless of course, you are white and Christian ;P!

so let the companies who discriminate go out of money
    I agree, deny them public land if they want to discriminate. Why should tax money that came from lgbt people go to fund a business like this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I just laid out for you how everyone wins, do you have a rebuttal other than "people should be allowed to treat each other like shit based on arbitrary principles" because we already have laws preventing that so extending it to service in a shop is really no great leap or change in direction.

I'm not allowed to discriminate against you because I might think "aww he's a nigger" but I am allowed to not service you in a shop because "aww he's a nigger". Your argument is that crossing that door into a shop somehow changes the whole situation. Why?
    i dont really care whether someone discriminates against someone and i dont think it should be against the law either when its private business

Let the FREE MARKET decide, i have no problems not letting homos and transvestites do business with my store, word will spread and the PEOPLE will decide if they want to go there. This is the liberal agenda, where they try to force people to care, we wont be a free country at this rate, all in the name of compassion lol.....

Personally if i had a business, i wouldn't hire gays or transgender, arabs, or anyone with tons of tattoos or piercings, and anyone trying to look thug(mostly blacks)

Stop trying to force people to give a shit about you and your perverted life choices. It's my right to not like you and think you are whats wrong with this country.

Lets say a gay couple is getting married and they ask a minister to marry them. The minister does not believe in marrying gays and claims its against his religion. He's spent his whole life devoted to God. He refuses to marry this couple. The couple claims discrimination. This guy goes to jail. Are you ok with that? I havent read the exact law but i believe its to stop situations like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont really care whether someone discriminates against someone and i dont think it should be against the law either when its private business
    Least we know what we're arguing with now. Your argument has more holes than a porcupines underwear.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    So you freely admit you have no argument. Thanks. Least we know what we're arguing with now. Your argument has more holes than a porcupines underwear.
    no argument? laws shouldnt dictate who a private business serve, their own policy should

beyond that its up to people to make sure such company dont succeed if they dislike it

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    I agree, deny them public land if they want to discriminate. Why should tax money that came from lgbt people go to fund a business like this?
    Why should money from antiabortion people go to fund abortion clinics? Why should money from satanists go to fund churches? Why should money from anyone with x belief go to fund y? Because you dont get to control what happens with the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're fine with discriminating against skin color too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So you're fine with discriminating against skin color too?
    sure, i did so myself when i lived back home and told others to handle the customers i didnt want to

Private businesses: Deserve more rights than citizens.

Tell me, should there also be segregated parks, bathrooms and water fountains?

10+ Year Old Account
    sure, i did so myself when i lived back home and told others to handle the customers i didnt want to

.. holt shit. Back to the fucking past.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Lets say a gay couple is getting married and they ask a minister to marry them. The minister does not believe in marrying gays and claims its against his religion. He's spent his whole life devoted to God. He refuses to marry this couple. The couple claims discrimination. This guy goes to jail. Are you ok with that? I havent read the exact law but i believe its to stop situations like this.
    Unless that minister is running the Drive-thru Marriage Chapel o' Love or some other similar BUSINESS, this would not in any way affect him. It's fucked up but places of worship are given a ton of free passes in America. They don't even have to pay taxes for some bizarre reason.

Father Discrimination can continue to discriminate as he sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Why should money from antiabortion people go to fund abortion clinics? Why should money from satanists go to fund churches? Why should money from anyone with x belief go to fund y? Because you dont get to control what happens with the money.
    Beliefs =/= things the person can not change.

I feel you are now going to respond with "gay or trans people can choose not to be gay or trans" and play semantics on the word choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    How about this:

I think businesses should be free to discriminate against anyone they want, but they have to post who they are banning in big block letters on the doors of all their locations. ex. "NO HOMOSEXUALS", "NO BLACKS", "NO IRISH".

They should be free to discriminate to their hearts content, but they should not be free to hide that discrimination from their customers - they are condemned to wear their bigotry on their sleeves.
    i'll agree with this. let them do it, just force them to state it so i know not to go in there and accidentally give a waste of life my money.