Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've just left WoW because WoD is a terrible expansion, but I will try and list all of the points why I left the game;

1. Garrisons are the main feature but they under-deliver.
    2. Daily quests have been removed. Gaining rep with a faction now involves staying in one area killing the same mobs over and over for weeks on end.
    3. Que times at level 100 for instances is about 30 - 45 minutes at a time.
    4. 5 Man content is too hard for most players. 95% of the time, if your group wipes, everyone leaves and you have to wait and brave the long Que times again.

I found that I was only subbed to the game still because I love my Shadow Priest, but that wasn't enough to keep me spending my money each month.

I've now moved back to Guild Wars 2. Such an incredible game!

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Fun for a few months. After that, the lack of content hits you. Unless you are into the raid gear grind or into the WoW PvP playstyle, there really isn't much that will keep you entertained for long.

Dungeons have already become a joke as you'll likely be pugging with people that massively outgear the instance because they are fairly bored themselves. If you are with a couple of higher geared people, they become steam-roll fests just like MoP. There aren't that many of them either (9 total), which is another reason they get boring quick.

In regards to picking a class, I'd take your time to read the various guides to see how you feel about rotations. Some classes / specs I don't personally find particularly fun (extremely boring repetition - Warlocks most notably with this expansion), and what you find enjoyable is not going to match everyone else's idea of fun.
    That is what worries me yeah, the class rotations that is!

Until you play every single class in its current playstyle then you just dont know if you like it or not, thats why I thought it be a good idea to ask...
    I didnt expect someone to say OK Dstruct you should play a Monk. lol, I just meant for a few pointers negatives pros on changes to help me choose myself because....
    I used to love enhancement shamans but every patch they get changed and changed in the negative way for me, I didnt enjoy their rotations so much towards the end, actually the rotations didnt change so much but the priorities did so I duno, it just felt different?

I used to LOVE shadowpriests but then I found myself literally focusing so much on the DoT timers that I was coming away with sore eyes and a headache, ultimately it was making the game not fun because all I was doing was keeping my eyes on these little bars.... plus looking at some benchmarks of top DPS class atm, shadowpriests look to be at the bottom! [Dont turn this into a class war or nothing now, im only basing this on one benchmark probably on a certain fight that isnt suitable for spriests (so apologies, to spriests hehe)]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morthulo View Post
    I've just left WoW because WoD is a terrible expansion, but I will try and list all of the points why I left the game;

2. Daily quests have been removed. Gaining rep with a faction now involves staying in one area killing the same mobs over and over for weeks on end.
    4. 5 Man content is too hard for most players. 95% of the time, if your group wipes, everyone leaves and you have to wait and brave the long Que times again.

I found that I was only subbed to the game still because I love my Shadow Priest, but that wasn't enough to keep me spending my money each month.

I've now moved back to Guild Wars 2. Such an incredible game!
    WoW ^^ Dont read the post I just wrote about shadowpriests if you enjoy them haha, but on that note maybe you can actually update me on how spriests are in this current expansion? Never the less, what your said.. especially bullet point 3, definitely puts me off bothering..

I am also playing Guild Wars 2 currently, very casually though.. I just wish I enjoyed the dungeons in GW2 abit more, thats the only reason I think I crave WoW.

Do you enjoy raiding? Do you have FREE time to spend on raiding?

If so, then do come back.

Raiding is the only activity worth it in WoD. Dungeons are good, but not THAT good, and are only 8, so you will get tired of them quite quickly. The rest of the content is quite shallow.

If you hate the expansion then you gonna hate on it in the forums, tell people to stay away. If you are a white knight fanboy then you going to defend the castle gates and tell people they would love the castle. There is no information to be found here. Move along....

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Do you enjoy raiding? Do you have FREE time to spend on raiding?

If so, then do come back.

Raiding is the only activity worth it in WoD. Dungeons are good, but not THAT good, and are only 8, so you will get tired of them quite quickly. The rest of the content is quite shallow.
    No I tend to not enjoy raiding that much, I always found the big bosses take silly amount of time to die.. after about 5 minutes it just gets boring repeating the same thing, thats why I prefered 10 mans like Zul Aman but now is why I just prefer dungeons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you hate the expansion then you gonna hate on it in the forums, tell people to stay away. If you are a white knight fanboy then you going to defend the castle gates and tell people they would love the castle. There is no information to be found here. Move along....
    Have nothing better to do than continue to return here? Go away you silly little troll.

There's no obligation for you to play forever just because it's an mmo. If you're that worried about bad points or good points, just get it and squeeze the most out of it for a month or two and then quit. The monthly payment system is perfect for this. You just need to pay attention and see when your time played starts to not become worth what you pay. Heck, be on of those guys who subs each time a big patch comes out. I know people have been doing this for a long time.

All in all, it depends on how you view the game. For me, it keeps me from spending my money(and more of it) elsewhere. I used to compare it to movie prices; as long as I'd get more than 4-5 hours of entertainment per month I would be fine.
    For how much I bought the expansion, i've for the most part liked it. For how much I pay to access the whole game at any given time, i've mostly liked that as well.
    Once it stops being that way i'll quit. I've no expectations of endless content and have taken a few breaks over the years already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    No I tend to not enjoy raiding that much, I always found the big bosses take silly amount of time to die.. after about 5 minutes it just gets boring repeating the same thing, thats why I prefered 10 mans like Zul Aman but now is why I just prefer dungeons
    There's not much to do in dungeons aside from gearing up, the legendary quest chain and some dailies from the build-able garrison inn. My advice, for the whole game, is to not grind anything out super fast. Take your time on stuff. It's a game, not a job, and you don't necessarily need to play for 10hrs a day.

Wait to see what they do for the next expansion. This one is not worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    There's no obligation for you to play forever just because it's an mmo. If you're that worried about bad points or good points, just get it and squeeze the most out of it for a month or two and then quit. The monthly payment system is perfect for this. You just need to pay attention and see when your time played starts to not become worth what you pay. Heck, be on of those guys who subs each time a big patch comes out. I know people have been doing this for a long time.

All in all, it depends on how you view the game. For me, it keeps me from spending my money(and more of it) elsewhere. I used to compare it to movie prices; as long as I'd get more than 4-5 hours of entertainment per month I would be fine.
    For how much I bought the expansion, i've for the most part liked it. For how much I pay to access the whole game at any given time, i've mostly liked that as well.
    Once it stops being that way i'll quit. I've no expectations of endless content and have taken a few breaks over the years already.

- - - Updated - - -

There's not much to do in dungeons aside from gearing up, the legendary quest chain and some dailies from the build-able garrison inn. My advice, for the whole game, is to not grind anything out super fast. Take your time on stuff. It's a game, not a job, and you don't necessarily need to play for 10hrs a day.
    Or we can have games we pay for once, then hop on and off as we please over the years, not having to fork out extra cash each time we do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Wait to see what they do for the next expansion. This one is not worth the money.
    Pretty much this, and given the track record of who's in charge, I have very little hope/expectations for the next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthulo View Post

Wait, what?

It's really easy to decide. This is what I do... Every time I want to resub I ask myself this "why have I left in the first place? Has something changed since then?". If the answer is "fuck no", I just go on with my life...

I only got to about level 16 in another game but I just got offered a 10 day trial to try it out again so just activated my account. Gonna give that a shot first, definitely no hurry to start wow again by the sound of it.
    I do get what you mean by alot of your points though Gourmandise, thanks for that !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    It's really easy to decide. This is what I do... Every time I want to resub I ask myself this "why have I left in the first place? Has something changed since then?". If the answer is "fuck no", I just go on with my life...
    haha not a bad way to think :P

Simply put I just crave some dungeons, even fancy abit of healing! Problem is, like I said already, I cannot find any other MMO that does dungeons like WOW's - especially with the class structure.
    GW2 is cool but its dungeons are just terrible! Even GW2 fanboys who I play with even agree the dungeons are crap

Deleted
    I started playing Mists of Pandaria for the last 3 months before WoD came out in anticipation of what I hoped would be a really epic expansion. It was better than MoP, but I still quit before I even finished levelling up. Whatever made you stop back whenever is the same reason that you won't be able to get back into it again.

GW2 is cool but its dungeons are just terrible! Even GW2 fanboys who I play with even agree the dungeons are crap
    Don't know how the game is now (only played for a couple of months at launch) but that's what they get for trying to revolutionize the whole group content by straying away from the holy trinity form that's been proven to be as solid as it gets. It was even one of the most advertised features.

Quit WoD after a month. I even convinced over 20 friends to play. Some of them haven't played since cata. It was a mistake.

WoW's basically become a phone game where you afk in a town while waiting turns or things (queues) to happen. I would recommend not coming back.

If you are looking for another game and that is an mmorpg, I would recommend Final Fantasy XIV Online. It is very addicting/fun. I had to unsub because the addiction was affecting real life. There are dungeons and raids in FF. There are always reasons to go back to do old dungeons unlike WoW. World bosses actually mean something. Even when a new patch comes out, non of the old content becomes obsolete. It's fun going around the world hunting A/S rank spawns or fates.
    Last edited by tonten; 2015-03-25 at 06:28 PM.

If what you really crave are dungeons... Then you might have a game in Challenge Modes.

The Normal and Heroic dungeons get outlived really really fast. I mean, REALLY fast. Even faster than Pandaria. I did then only once each and I was already done, no need to come back ever again.

Challenge Modes is another thing... You may find a group to progress through them and get Gold. It is not easy though... I assure you will wipe many times. It is akin to progressing in a raid. You may find this interesting, or you may get quite bored, as you say you do in Raid bosses.

Now, if Challenge Modes is not your thing... Then no, don't come back. The existing Normal or Heroic dungeons are not enough to keep you for long.

Quote Originally Posted by tonten View Post
    Quit WoD after a month. I even convinced over 20 friends to play. Some of them haven't played since cata. It was a mistake.

WoW's basically become a phone game where you afk in a town while waiting turns or things (queues) to happen. I would recommend not coming back.

If you are looking for another game and that is an mmorpg, I would recommend Final Fantasy XIV Online. It is very addicting/fun. I had to unsub because the addiction was affecting real life. There are dungeons and raids in FF. There are always reasons to go back to do old dungeons unlike WoW. World bosses actually mean something. Even when a new patch comes out, non of the old content becomes obsolete. It's fun going around the world hunting A/S rank spawns or fates.
    Gonna try Wildstar out first (Bought ages ago, didnt like it too much at first but just got 10 free days to reactivate) if I dont grow too keen on that then I will have to look for free days of FFXIV because I also have that too! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It's fun for about 2 days before you realize there's no content and class balance is dogshit.
    And that you are way behind the gear curve and catch-up gearing is crap.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I've been playing WoW a LOT less the last couple of months. It's just... boring. The required Garrison chores pretty much just sucked the life out of the game for me. It was a very good idea implemented in a very poor fashion.

I'm been mostly tooling around in SWTOR lately, although like the posters above I'm trying to get back into Guild Wars 2 again as well, but also very casually. I'd like to get into WvW but woudl want a group to play with - I hate doing things by myself in ANY game. My highest toon is still only level 28, so I still have a lot to see. Plus I'm interested to see the new profession they've got coming out.

10+ Year Old Account
    From everything i read in your post my guess is you will grow bored of wow in split seconds if you return. That being said, do what you want, I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're into raids, you'll have a lot of fun, but there's not much longevity in the world endgame and dungeons past the first couple weeks unless you're working through the Garrison campaign (once a week) or doing something associated with one of your buildings (like doing your mount dailies for the Stables).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!