Ele - how much is 4 piece worth?

Thanks to my shitty mythic caches, I got mythic Blast-Proof Cowl and Chestguard of the Siegemaker . Askmrrobot is telling me to get rid of my 4 piece and equip these two plus an offset pair of 671 haste/multistrike legs I have. I'll gain 543 more multi-strike and 63 int. But 4-piece has been so useful when any kind of movement is involved. P.S. all my other stuff is heroic, I don't raid mythic.

So would you guys say it's worth dropping the 4 piece for those two mythic ones or no?

4p is about a ~7% increase in DPS, so unless those two pieces are increasing your DPS by 7% (I don't think they are), then I would just stay with the 4p.

4 piece is too good, i'm sure ARM isn't factoring in movement enough, i wouldn't replace 4 set for 3 pieces of WF mythic socket gear, lava bursts don't hit hard when you're running and not casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's some brutal RNG...

I'd have to sim it out to be 100% but I can't imagine that's stronger than the 4 piece.

4pc is too good, keep it. Maybe the stats would help on a stationary patchwerk sim but that's it. When there's any movement involved, the 4pc will let you do a lot more damage.

Alright cool thanks guys. I agree.

4pc always with stampede leggings
    or blast proof cowl if you cant

I don't know man. I think people are overvaluing the 4 set bonus. The 2 set is amazing. The 4 set is ok. But those two pieces have amazing stats. And especially since he'd be getting rid of the shitty tier chest with crit and mastery, I would almost want to take the better stats. Someone should sim this out.

Deleted
    It's sort of the other way around now, the 2 set is ok and the 4 set is amazing. Particularly gameplay wise.

I could try simming it out but I am no expert by any means, I just load my character in with two different gear sets, sim them with the stat weights, and that's it. Not sure how to take in tier bonuses + movement and all that. If someone wants to do it I'll love you long time.

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. We run a lot of simulations over a ton of different (real) gear sets. We do this with and without set bonuses to determine how much the set bonuses are worth. For elemental shaman we found the 2 pc bonus adds 2100 DPS, which we turn into an equivalent amount of ability power so the stat weights can dynamically rank it. The 4 pc simulates to 1050 DPS (also turned into an equivalent amount of DPS).
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. We run a lot of simulations over a ton of different (real) gear sets. We do this with and without set bonuses to determine how much the set bonuses are worth. For elemental shaman we found the 2 pc bonus adds 2100 DPS, which we turn into an equivalent amount of ability power so the stat weights can dynamically rank it. The 4 pc simulates to 1050 DPS (also turned into an equivalent amount of DPS).
    nice! Good work with everything over there.

I would think you should keep both on you and switch out depending on the fight. Any fight with heavy AOE the 4 pc will lose value. Anything single target and with movement should favor the 4pc.

The 4 piece takes some practice, like dont use fulmination when lava burst has 1 second CD left.
    Instead cast lightning bolt, followed by lava burst and then you can do a fulmination.

Just as a counterpoint, simulationcraft values the 4-pc at ~2400 dps (~5% dps) in my current gearset. It's also worth noting that bink's spreadsheet values the 4-pc even higher than simc, or at least it did when they were calculating the value of it when the changes were made on the 6.1 ptr.
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2015-03-27 at 08:57 PM.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com