Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    I have asked the same question to myself for years, why not hotfix flat out poor specs quickly? A good game should offer a proper experience with any spec u like (except tank specs).
    The only conclusion i get is that hotfixing and balancing pvp is counterproductive for their own business as it would prevent people from rerolling and playing more, and therefore paying more.
    good point, sir

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    I have asked the same question to myself for years, why not hotfix flat out poor specs quickly? A good game should offer a proper experience with any spec u like (except tank specs).
    The only conclusion i get is that hotfixing and balancing pvp is counterproductive for their own business as it would prevent people from rerolling and playing more, and therefore paying more.
    No amount of hotfixing is going to fix destruction for pvp. If you do that, warlocks will either blow you up in one cast, or not be able to cast at all.

Destruction's problem (in my opinion) is the pityful damage outside chaos bolt and the complete lack of mobility, while the 1st may be easy to fix, the second cannot be hotfixed.

Destruction was heavily nerfed for pvp since beta, and then some more when RoF was tossed in the garbage bin, and i'm afraid it will only be viable on a revamp for another expansion.
    Last edited by tmtb; 2015-03-27 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    blizzard hate PVP face it there never gonna seperate pve and pvp they only care about money now and adding useless shit into the game ie social media.

so many fucking idiots complaining about Balance here! Ofcourse its not all fucking balanced in pvp, its a not like they make every damn spec just to be pvped With, there is a significantly big PVE part of the game as well, every class has atleast 1 good pvp spec, reroll that or stop fucking playing, these threads here are so annoying, idiots.

Infracted
    Last edited by Wass; 2015-03-30 at 07:25 PM.

I think some spec should be slightly buffed. I dont think all specs should be viable for all encounters. Pure DPS classes have this option, and I think its fine that way. Hybrids class have different talents, more limited, but they usually have all the tool at their disposal. But IMO, a class/spec shouldnt be the best dps at everything. Every class/spec should have its own niche (Single, cleave and mass AoE) and do ok in the other parts. Right now, some classes are just great everywhere. This should be adjusted. We're starting to go back to bring the class, not the player, which is not what Blizzard have in mind for this game (at least, thats what they want us to believe!).

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    Because blizz is not riot and they dont know how to manage the pvp part of their game ?
    next
    haha, tell me about it, 20% of LoL champions are viable, how is that even balanced?

Deleted
    Because Holinka is happy. What more can you possibly want?!

Quote Originally Posted by Paythepiper View Post
    so many fucking idiots ... stop fucking playing, ... so annoying, idiots.
    I was going to write a reply to you, but then i refrained when i noticed i had nothing polite to say to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Balance: "Windwalker god" play is insane. He will only run with a DK for cleave and peels and nothing else. I could only hope to be as good as him but he's posted on the forums many times about some positive changes and they get 3000+ up votes with no dev response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    Blizzard do buff them and nerf the good ones. They always go over the top though and then make specs op or unviable. If they actually focused on fine tuning things and not swinging nerfbats the balance would be a lot better.

some specs have been garbage forever though. The last time Assassination was a serious threat in arena was to Plate stacked teams back in Wrath. Envenom and Mutilate just hit like trucks back then now they hit for pitiful damage in comparison to the big health pools.

I still vote assassin rogue being the most fun class you can play for casual pvp but for arena it sucks too many short comings. (vendetta, Majority of your dps is poison/Autoattacking, Dispatch too weak)

Combat was garbage until this season the last time it was this good was season 2.

DPS shamans are usually in the shitter exception (MOP) Warriors were shit start of cataclysm. Fury was shit until now.

The god status repeat offenders are : Hunter(all specs) Gods this expansion and the last and the one before that and more than viable in wrath (mana drain anyone), Resto Druid, Frost Mage.

choose specs to buff based on what? sims? your raid? my raid? just mythic raiders or lfr? everyone lumped together even though every circumstance is different?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they can't.

not all specs need to be viable anyway, 1 per class is enough
    Not fair to pigeonhole some players that play hybrids to do something other than what they want to do....if a warrior get tired of all the nerfs to arms then they can go fury, but a paladin the other specs are totally different...not fair to ask a ret player to suddenly learn healing not to mention having to farm a whole new set of gear.

I don't see why hybrids have to be special.
    I played warlock for 6 or 7 years, i used to love destruction pvp in wrath (I skipped most of cata and all of mop), but i really hate affliction with a passion since the times of SL/SL. My solution to not having fun as destro in cataclysm was stop playing (and i did, for 2 or 3 years), now in mop my solution was stop playing warlock altogether and make a hunter with the free level 90 boost (I suppose this kind of thing is the reason there is a hunter in every corner now, bad move from blizzard making caster play a chore).

So if i feel the need to not play warlock, since i loathe the "good" spec, how is that different from hybrids only having one role available that they don't like?
    Can't we just agree everyone deserves all specs to be, at least, fun in pvp?

hybrids dont have to be special...its just the lack of choices some classes have and what they demand from a player. yeah a person who wants to paladin dps will be stuck to one spec while a shammy dps can switch from enhance to elemental or a druid can go from boomy to feral. And dps-wise most classes have 1-2 specs that are viable cept for monks and rets with an asterisk for shammies cause altho they can switch they still arent usually wanted.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they can't.

not all specs need to be viable anyway, 1 per class is enough
    They can't? Please. They just don't want to.

What about warlocks? None of their current specs are particularly viable this expansion.

Stop excusing Blizz's laziness. There are only 36 specs and 2 years between expansions. If Blizz cared, it could absolutely be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post
    not really playing arms for like 9 years is not fun at all, since prot was never viable maybe in wrath it was for a time and fury sucked balls until mop and wod
    Fury was great in early LK and at the end of lk.
    and as far as prot goes... it was the best single target tanking spec for vanilla and bc. guilds brought a druid or pally for an aoe tank. they were perfectly fine in lk also so idk where you were going with that. prior to the rage changes there wasnt many instances where fury was not in god mode come the end of an expansion.

guess that 9 years your lightbulb wasn't screwed in eh
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM