[Boomkin] Rate my Videos and Logs, tell me where i can improve or what you learned!

Hey Champs!

Since i have been lurking and learning a lot from this forum its time to give a bit back.
    Last nights Heroic BRF run i recorded all our kills to show off to guild but i noticed im learning a lot from watching them back.

A bit of background, the guild is a casual heroic guild where we raid 1 night a week for 4 hours (still 8/10HC and full clears with 'curve' in the past).
    Myself i mained Druid in vanilla/burning, DK in wrath/cata, Monk in MoP and now back to druid for WoD.
    Switching from dps, to tanking to heal now back to DPS. Spent HM as feral but switched to Boomkin for BRF (Starfall!)

Here's the Youtube playlist for the 8 Heroic Kills:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...XxcmbsV7nf5xNp
    (Sound warning: There is NONE im having issues recording that, so keep your own music playing while watching )
    Each video's description has a link to the warcraftlogs for that fight.

Feel free to watch a random fight (or all of them) and let me know where i made mistakes, where you think i could improve or perhaps what you learned from my epic boomkin madness

10+ Year Old Account
    I only watched a few; Flamebender, Kromog and Beastlord.

You didn't link an armoury, but its obvious at the time of making the videos you didn't have 4set. This will alter your play style quite a bit, or should atleast.

A few tips; firstly you seem to move alot, and position yourself poorly (by that I mean better positioning in the first place would require you to move less, and deal more damage). Prime example would be Kormog, you stand a little left of the middle, no efflorecence down, or healing rain so that's not the reason, but you have to move from all the discs and 1/3 smashes. Now if you stood another 10-15 yards left, you'll notice the rings on the far left go left once they've spawned, and the ones in the center go directly to the door, leaving a big area where rings hardly ever spawn. No rings = no moving = more dps.

You also seems to pop all CDs as part of a pre pull opener. While on some fights this is ideal, on others saving cooldowns, even for 5 seconds can net you a big dps increase. Take beastlord for example, you can still pre pot and pre inc, but if you cast 2 starfires before popping CA (sure you lose 4-5 seconds of double dots) but your CA will still be up when first spears spawn (double dot those) and when the pack beasts spawn, allowing you to dot 2-3 beasts with double dots, but more importantly getting sunfire on them all, and a few ticks of starfall with 25% increased damage. Likewise on Kromog you could save your CDs for hands for more damage (as long as your raid know you're going to do it, you can do massive hand damage without killing people) and others can use their CDs for single target on the boss netting you a raid dps gain.

Another thing I noticed is you always pop INC then CA (or together in most cases). It's not much of a big deal but once you have 4set don't be afraid to pop INC upto 15 seconds before you pop CA, remember it's long enough to over lap, and that allows you to have inc up at the start on lunar, for example or during a big starfall on adds, and it'll still be up for the duration of CA if you pop it later.

A couple of fights you handled your starsurge/starfall charges poorly, by either letting them cap at 3 charges (if you have 2 charges, recharge for 15 seconds then get a proc, you've wasted half a starsurge) you should have been sitting at 1 not 2. Or the other scenario you knew aoe was coming up; dogs at flamebender, or hands at kromog but rinsed all your charges so didn't have them ready for starfall - just know the fight, watch your times and plan better.

One last thing, a little common sense really. A couple of times you wasted globals redotting. For example, dots have maybe 8 seconds left, and you're leaving solar, you re-sunfire, and then re moonfire in lunar 5 seconds before you blow CA. I don't know about you, but I have /moonfire macro'd into my CA, you may not if you macro CA and inc together, but in that case I wouldn't re-dot knowing when I pop CA the first thing I do is reapply both dots.

I hope my comments will help you, and you don't take them personally. If you have any further questions I'm happy to help when I have time, just drop me a PM.

Good Luck

Vexxe.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Awesome! Thanks Vexxe
    Yeah about the movement, i guess im still used to the hectic playstyle of feral (melee) or bear (tank).
    Boomkin since BRF is the first ranged caster dps ive done for raiding.

So positioning, save up charges for aoe/burst and spent charges otherwise faster to prevent capping!
    Sometimes i redot early thinking it prevents dropping off later in the wrong phase, but in some cases yeah i could have waited.

And good point about the burst cooldowns, i learned the tactic from this forum with the 3sec pulltimer pop potion/inc, SS, CA, Dot but for some fights i might actually save it for the actual burst part maybe a bit later.

Thanks! and i DO take it personally cause thats what i asked
    p.s. here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ibban/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Youve killed alot of HC bosses, its worth noting the tier set is better even if its lower ilv. Kinda hard to believe you don't have more than 1 piece yet xD
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Bad luck on tier drops and bonus rolls so far :'(
    Whish i had at least 2piece by now that reduced cast time would help a lot!
    But im next up on the tier tokens when they drop.... even though im part of the gm/officer core we never felt the need to ninja :P