how to talk to girls in swtor?

it really pisses me off how 2 faced society is:

people tell you to be yourself, but then make fun of people who are different.

people say you gotta try when you meet a girl "because its better to try and get rejected than to live and wonder what if" - but then girls immediately get an ego boost and put you down and call you creepy.

some people meet their significant other in the game, but then put guys who want to find a girlfriend, down.

Deleted
    Wat. 10chars

[QUOTE=Friis;32940810]Wat. 10chars[/QUOTEx]

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well try and talk to girls like people, I heard a rumour that they might be just like everyone else, If you find out someone is a girl and immediately change, they're going to pick up on that, talk to them like normal, If something develops, then great! if not, Enjoy having a friend, It's very easy to come across as creepy, especially if you're looking for a girlfriend.

typically looking for a significant other in an mmo is best summarized by this "these are not the girls your looking for" sure some people meet a S.O. but that a thing that has to progress naturally you can just be like ey bb u want sum fuk, because thats creepy also remember 90% of the players are not looking for dates they are playing a game to have fun, so just have fun with the game and if you want some dates go out with your friends and search for some.

Ask them if they want to play with your lightsaber.

Deleted
    The first step in talking to a girl is to realise that thinking you need to treat communication differently based on gender is wrong. Be yourself, attract the right people, I don't understand the ideology of trying to find someone to be with.

If you're being called creepy then you're probably being creepy, what exactly are you saying to people?

Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    typically looking for a significant other in an mmo is best summarized by this "these are not the girls your looking for" sure some people meet a S.O. but that a thing that has to progress naturally you can just be like ey bb u want sum fuk, because thats creepy also remember 90% of the players are not looking for dates they are playing a game to have fun, so just have fun with the game and if you want some dates go out with your friends and search for some.
    i've been "trying to let it progerss naturallly" all my life, but in the end im always the one having to stand in the sidelines of life while eveyrone else gets to live. and im getting old to a point where in a few years i wont even want a girlfriend anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    The first step in talking to a girl is to realise that thinking you need to treat communication differently based on gender is wrong. Be yourself, attract the right people, I don't understand the ideology of trying to find someone to be with.

If you're being called creepy then you're probably being creepy, what exactly are you saying to people?
    i dont think i am being creepy, i dont say any off the wall things, and i do chat with them like they are any other people, but they just always get busy and never get back to me and lot of them only come on the game like once a month, and the rest are all taken.

Deleted
    It's not relevant to my reply, but out of pure curiosity how old are you? If they're not replying to you or get busy they're probably just not interested in a conversation

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for women on E-Harmoney not creepy looking for girls on a game kind of is IMO.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

is this real life

Ask them their cup size. Great conversation starter.

This is some epic thread folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    i've been "trying to let it progerss naturallly" all my life, but in the end im always the one having to stand in the sidelines of life while eveyrone else gets to live. and im getting old to a point where in a few years i wont even want a girlfriend anymore.
    Seeing as I have been single since my Junior year after ending a three year relationship, I can say there is very little you cannot "live" while single as compared to being in a couple. As an avid gamer, I can say this if "living" is what you are worried about games should not be were you are looking for a girlfriend, yes you may meet someone through them but chances are it will not go anywhere. Obviously there are exceptions to this, but I can guarantee the relationships you hear about that started via games did not start from someone looking for it.

Deleted
    pro tip: they are not girls.

Deleted
    Op your looking in the wrong place. srsly. Forget trying Swtor to find love it won't work. You need to reach out to your IRL social circle. I assume like me you can't pull in a nightclub and woman at work won't talk to you. Its going to have to be an introducation from a friend. Be realisitc: assess your skill set. Do I have charisma? no Am I funny? no. so woman won't enjoy my conversation. Do I have great body? no so women won't be attracted to me physically. What am I left with? my personality and character. This needs time, alot of time. I need air time on a potential partner and this needs friends as I need to be able to spend multiple hours being a "fun guy" in her prescence to build attraction.

I can't approach random girls and hit on them, they think and treat me like I'm a sex pest. More importantly being told "I'd rather be gang raped by a tribe of wild baboons" crushs your confidence and really hurts your chances with the next girl. Yep that was actually said to me once. That doesn't mean though that I'm a 40 year old virgin and thats because I have friends who help me.

Talk to your IRL circle and try to get into IRL situations where you can spend time around woman your age. single woman. With friends in the room who can back you up and help you keep the conversation going.

o lawd please dont be the "im a nice guy" because they always come off creepy and reek of desperation and girls can sense that.

A story to help you i had a friend who was on the same tracks as you except it was girls in bars and he was always the "nice guy" i told him i'd pick up a girl before the night was over without trying. So i sat down next to an attractive girl bought her a drink and then payed no attention to her for a couple hours but making sure i was speaking to people around her, so in her head she started to wonder "why would he buy me a drink and not talk to me am i not pretty etc" people men and women both need affirmation about themselves and when they are not given it they seek it like the skinny person who says they're fat fishing for a compliment. After a couple hours she came up to me and asked me why i wasn't talking to her i replied nicely "it's loud in here we can go to the coffee shop down the street and talk if you want" after that it took about an hour of fun conversation and score. Now this is not always going to work first off you have to be confident if your not women will not approach you also try and look approachable i find women really like dress pants/shoes with a polo type shirt its enough to make you stand out but not too much where you look overdressed. Anyway tl:dr dont be creepy dont be desperate and be confident and decent looking/smelling(smell is very important)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    it really pisses me off how 2 faced society is:

people tell you to be yourself, but then make fun of people who are different.

people say you gotta try when you meet a girl "because its better to try and get rejected than to live and wonder what if" - but then girls immediately get an ego boost and put you down and call you creepy.

some people meet their significant other in the game, but then put guys who want to find a girlfriend, down.
    Moral of the story: ignore what people say and be truly yourself. If a girl thinks you are a creep after making a single suggestive comment, then maybe you wouldn't want to be with such a girl in the first place? I surely wouldn't
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Ugh ... talk to them like people? Idk, I was raised by women (also happen to be gay but that is irrelevant) but they are the same as men for the most part. Talk to them like you would any other peep and you'll meet some cool folks. Wtf this has to do with SWTOR I have no idea but ya. No point in trying to be what you ain't because folks can smell a fake a mile away and no one wants to be with a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't post pointless or flamebait threads here.

Closing.