Help with HC Blast Furnace

Hello everyone !
    Our guild finally managed to down Maidens two weeks ago, and we hit a burning brick wall named Blast Furnace

with 14 wipes yesterday : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7qAvrQc4FgXad2tm our best ones being pull 4 and pull 14

Somehow, were having a very rough time even getting to phase 2 without too many adds being alive (takes too long and a new group spawns ? ). As a paladin healer (Lightauros), theres not much I can do to have a good overall view of what is happening in the raid and who is doing something wrong, or could be doing something better.

The logs above I'm using mainly for myself, as I'm not very experienced in reading them for everyone, thats why I would like to ask you, if you could take a look and let me, and my guild, know, what could be improved.

Some members were having really low dps and the third resto druid (Neitia) was also underperforming (at least compared to the other two resto druids we had there. A few tips on his behalf would be also greatly appreciated, but I am mainly interested in the raid as a whole, if there are some technical aspects we should check (movement, bombs, target priorities and switching, positioning, etc).

For any questions, feel free to ask. Thank you all in advance.

From my quick looks at logs, it appears some people are having DPS problems. Which could be bad play from the DPS or bad play from the tanks gathering mobs and staying out of shields.

What strat are y'all using? All bombs handle one side while ranged hit below op on other side, or split sides at same time?

If you are having issues even getting to phase two, then I am going to place blame on tanks first and foremost, and anyone that gets bombs or refuses to pick up bombs second. Willingness and ableness to get bombs to doors is #1. Tanks being located in easy to get to locations and keeping the mobs under control goes a long way to help this.

My guess exactly (with the shileds and bombs). We keep the raid split in phase 1 (check the replay fuction from the logs if its any help).

Deleted
    Hey there.

There are a few issues there, as far as I can tell.

#1 is the DPS, it's a bit too low on the primal elementalists (Compared it to my guild's log from last night)

#2 is properly coordinating the furnace doors, i.e destroying them before you get another set of adds - the large ones can be quite a problem at this level of gear, so you'd want to make sure you blow up the doors just seconds before killing the operators.

#3 is making sure you're cleaving down adds between elementalists and interrupting firecallers, to make it easier on the healers. If your DPS is good enough, you could even cleave adds along with elementalists (it's what we generally do, single target nuke the first one, cleave the other 3 along with guards/firecallers/other slags/).

I'm not in a position to give healing advice, but Blast Furnace is really just about DPS. If your damage dealers are OK+, it will be a walk in the park for your healers (on heroic, don't know about mythic). If they suck, healers are going to have a bad day and you're gonna wipe over and over and over.

What we do there is split into two groups in phase 1, each group on one door side. We kill the operators ASAP, then cleave the adds, while interrupting the engineer when he's trying to repair the door. When engineers die, we just bomb the doors. We keep repeating this until the doors are on 10-20% HP. Once that happens, we coordinate killing the doors and the operators at the same time (almost, actually destroying the door a few seconds before killing the operator) in order to avoid a new operator spawn.

Once that's done, the groups "unite" and cleave down the adds, then proceed to nuke the elementalist one by one. When one elementalist goes down, cleave down the adds (guards, firecallers), move to the next one, repeat. In the beginning, we used to single target elementalists, as our DPS was somewhat lower, but nowadays, we just cleave down elementalists, firecallers, slags, guards, everything Since we're killing the adds at the same time, the healers aren't really having a tough time either (I can hear some of them yawning at some points on teamspeak). Once the 4th one is down and the boss spawns, the whole raid moves to one end of the room (it's like a semi-circle) and starts kiting the boss and the remaining adds towards the other end of the room.

While moving there, we cleave down all the adds and the boss - usually there are no dangerous/active adds left before moving 1/4th of the way. It's then just a short dps race to kill the boss before you run out of room due to "melt", but he typically dies around middle (the entrance).

It's all about the DPS, really.
    Last edited by mmoc3366e931df; 2015-03-27 at 04:14 PM.

I'm focusing on Pull 14, your best one.

Make sure you're killing adds before switching to Heart of the Mountain in P3. There were some security guards up while fighting it, though your raid looked to be dying at that point.

Killing Feldspar before the first slag also makes things easier, especially on healing. You should be able to easily kill him before the slag, setting the slag up to be killed shortly after with cleave. Also your tanks have zero damage done to Primals. Tank DPS is still a decent chunk and they are allowed to hit them. That added DPS from even just one tank probably would have had the two Primals that required two slag be dead within one. Security Guard shields do no effect Primals. That seems the be the key to your kill. Getting each Primal down in one shield would set you up very nicely for a clean phase 3.

I struggled for weeks as a pug/freelance DPS until I got it with a guild that had been practicing, then I went back with that same group the next week and 1 shot it. There are a few notes on what I noticed from their strategy.

Keep the first engineer alive long enough to get x amount of bombs attached, and make sure it dies right next to the blast door (split groups strategy) 1-2 persons turn in the entire bomb bag.

You need good AE/cleave that can also put burst into bellows operators. One thing when struggling to transition is making sure the bellows operator damage is where it should be from every DPS in the raid. I see people always raving about how it's an "ST" fight, not exactly accurate when we're talking about bellows. Most fail groups I noticed had a lot more full health security guards and engineers than my kill groups.

P2, stack and destroy adds and feldspar, 10-20 seconds to clear this up if your DPS is correct, or less. Range DPS kill the slag, and there is absolutely zero confusion about which slag to kill and who it's fixated on. Melee DPS cleave down the firecallers and do a last second switch to primal as soon as it becomes vulnerable. As a monk I used touch of death on the 2nd and 4th primals. Melee cleave is good for the time between primals, the firecallers should go pop.

There was basically zero problems with volatile fire, compared to most pugs when it ended up on everyone and no one seemed to realize that was a problem. I didn't even see it as a MDPS in my two kills.

That's pretty much it. I think handling volatile fire and firecallers improperly is what wipes most groups because of the tight DPS check on primal elementalist. Let me know via PM if you'd like to see my logs.
    Last edited by pankind; 2015-03-27 at 05:01 PM.
    One Sweet Dream

Everyone just isnt using their class to full potential, straight tunnelling certain mobs without attention anywhere else.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...view=execution

A LOT of cauterize wounds got off. Even if DPS was higher the last pull had ~7M HP healed which is totally unacceptable. Heals need to be removed or kicked before they can finish casting. It takes 1 GCD to prevent 400k more HP, your DPS & tanks HAVE TO DO IT.

Pyroclasm & Electricution in P1 & start P2. Interrupt these!!! Simple 1 GCD again to prevent a lot of damage

Bombs - these do AOE damage to those closeby for 100k. If people are all grabbing from the bomb pack to beeline it straight to the regulator they blow each other up. Stagger bombs so they go in 1 at a time, blow and leave the area ASAP. Hotkey this extra action button. Looks like no one used damage mitigation when using these either, they can use a short CD to reduce damage taken

Other damage the DPS just weren't being aware - not the healer's fault. They stood in fire pools or to close to each other. With such a small raid group @15 that really isnt acceptable, especially the warlock and both hunters.

Here's your logs for interrupts on the last wipe
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ype=interrupts

Electrocution/Repair - the ret had a few but with the rogue basically does nothing to the engineers. From the missed interrupts it shows multiple engineers up at the same time, that needs to be addressed by killing things much faster. Shouldnt ever have more than 1 up per side. Repair MUST be stopped if you want to burn P1 faster. They can be CCed from any interrupt or stun, shouldnt have any of these going off

Pyro - Tanks always on Feldspar. No reason any of these should get off - tanks have to stop these and DPS on the can help but thats A LOT of extra damage going through

Cauterize Wounds - Extreme amount of neglect here on stopping heals. This is a massive issue your raid needs to deal with. Everyone has to step up to interrupt. Nobody is doing this well at all

Thank you for all the tips

Deleted
    We had a lot of issues on this fight too untill we set up DPS CD-rotations for the primalists. Now we do something like this: 1. Primalist -> PCD, 2. -> 2nd pot, 3. -> Bloodlust, 4. -> remaining PCDs. This solved our dps issues that we had. We barely got any primalists down within one shield before that. Also make sure to have someone dispel the primalist asap (usually my duty while healing).
    When the slag is about to die - make people aware of moving out of there. Its unecessary damage again especially on the melee.
    And as already suggested: make sure to get rid of Feldspar soon into Phase 2. You really don't want him up for too long.

You do need quite some coordination for this fight but eventually you get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    A LOT of cauterize wounds got off. Even if DPS was higher the last pull had ~7M HP healed which is totally unacceptable. Heals need to be removed or kicked before they can finish casting. It takes 1 GCD to prevent 400k more HP, your DPS & tanks HAVE TO DO IT.

Pyroclasm & Electricution in P1 & start P2. Interrupt these!!! Simple 1 GCD again to prevent a lot of damage
    Uhm actually, interrupt abilities are not on GCD ...

Deleted
    1# work on getting the furnace doors closed while not having bellow operators up, or at the very least bellow operators below like 20% - they hit like a truck when they activate.

2# kill the foreman before proceeding to elementalists.

3# make sure your dps know how to target switch, so you can kill each elementalist in one explosion.

4# clear firecallers between each elementalist, and have a couple of savy dps clear out a few guards - they need to switch to elementalist ASAP though

5# When the heart activates, clear firecallers, then kill heart, while passive cleaving guards.

6# Your iLvl is fine, it´s player problems Salty vid from BF HC

All the previous tips are all quite fine but the main thing to realize is this entire fight boils down to killing those primal elementalists in 1 go, and as much as people like big numbers on the dps meters this is a single target fight, so for example your fire mage is setup as full aoe dps, so after the first phase his dps towards the rest fight is actually trash.

Make your dps go as much single target burst as they can.

Stack the classes left with decent cleave innate to their class with feldspar, the those without on the otherside

We personally start with everyone on the left side and bloodlust, with 2 dps + tank + healer on the right, to make use of the first engineer (which needs to throw out 2 bombs before being killed), then the other dps come back from the other side after the 2nd bellows comes out
    This is done so you have greater control on when the fight transitions into the next phase (we found going from one side to the other killing the first bellows and engi's in the cleave and not doing bombs makes the p2 transition a bit iffy with the bellows spawn timer)

With the better transition the bellows will be almost dead, and lose that whole period or awfulness.
    Because all the cleave was with feldspar (and his group is usually 1-4 dps heavier depending on your raid size) he should be in the last 20% usually 10% of his life

raid runs to feldspars tank side, and clean up ALL the engineers.
    stack on the primal elementalist (unless you have the dot)
    Nuke the first primal elementalist and dispel the hot (don't use your cd's here healers and tanks are free to help dps)
    clean up firecallers
    and repeat.

Ranged interrupts here are extremely handy for getting firecallers out of the annoying shields they have a habit of stopping to cast in