Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    All signs that someone is nervous? which are possible sign of someone up to no good?
    Sounds about right.

Also, that is clearly a simplified list, as they don't butt check every person who yaws.

People making a big deal about nothing, more news at some other irreverent time in the future.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2015-03-28 at 12:47 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Actually you're incorrect. The goal of a terrorist is either to intimidate OR COERCE a civilian population OR to FORCE the government to act in a certain way. Or to destroy a government. It's not just to "scare people".

The specific goals of AQ and IS are to destroy non-Islamic governments (especially US + western governments, also note that Saudi Arabia is not considered a true Islamic government either as they don't view the Saud family as legitimate) and replace them with a worldwide theocractic regime known as the caliphate.

Perhaps this will help you understand why the US cannot just ignore these groups as "scaremongers". Ignoring them won't make them go away, we have to combat them.
    And they convinced the US to give up a lot of freedom and rights in the name of staying safe from boogeymen so... mission accomplished?

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    - Benjamin Franklin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    And they convinced the US to give up a lot of freedom and rights in the name of staying safe from boogeymen so... mission accomplished?

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    - Benjamin Franklin
    WOW........ Like totally wow........
    You've just managed to misuse that quote in one of the worst false examples possible.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Well... Shit. Maybe it was because I went to Cuba and Colombia in the same year (Obtained a Visa for Cuba legally, [I'm from the US]).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to point out about the beard thing. Most people commenting seem to be assuming they're looking for people who have shaved, and that's it.

Really it's more that they're looking for people whose faces are pale from having recently shaved a thick, long had beard. The face would be particularly pale because thick beards grown for years block sun & tanning.

The guy who shaved this morning and regularly shaves, isn't going to be quite as noticibly pale compared to the rest of his face.

So they're basically only profiling for people who shaved off thick, well aged, superbeards. Discriminatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Not sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist as everything listed seems fair.
    Yeah, if I yawn and look down because it's 5 in the morning and bitch about the process because it's a fucking stupid process, I'm obviously pretty suspicious. Great point.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, if I yawn and look down because it's 5 in the morning and bitch about the process because it's a fucking stupid process, I'm obviously pretty suspicious. Great point.
    You clearly don't appreciate - the important job TSA is doing at protecting America and American Way of Life, risking their lives 24/7 - enough.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You clearly don't appreciate - the important job TSA is doing at protecting America and American Way of Life, risking their lives 24/7 - enough.
    Their job is redundant since I got my anti-terrorism rock. If we're going to have security theater, they should put on a better show. I'm thinking The Mikado.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

so everyone on the planet is a terrorist. I just yawned twice in a row. oh dear there is a knock on my door.

I understand why the TSA is there.....they are just idiots, there has to be a different way to handle airport security.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Their job is redundant since I got my anti-terrorism rock.
    I'm sorry, sir, but rocks aren't allowed to be brought on board.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    How is profiling a loss of your rights or freedom? You get checked a little more if you fall into certain parameters, big deal. Nobody is forcing you to fly. Take the train/car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    How is profiling a loss of your rights or freedom? You get checked a little more if you fall into certain parameters, big deal. Nobody is forcing you to fly. Take the train/car.
    How is cavity search a loss of your rights or freedom? You get checked a little more if you fall into certain parameters, big deal.
    How is 48 hours of pre-flight strip-naked isolation a loss of your rights or freedom? You get checked a little more if you fall into certain parameters, big deal.
    How slippery is a slope?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    "Exaggerated Yawning"

You know, the big fake yawns you see in movies where the person is trying to act casual and nothing is going on. This list is basic behavioral signs to look out for that has been around for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Lol you have no way to know based on those criteria.
    Please, do tell what criteria you would use that could detect a terrorist 100% of the time

Deleted
    To me it seems they abuse terrorism to crack down on trafficking?

10+ Year Old Account
    14 years and no planes flown into buildings. I say it's worth it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    14 years and no planes flown into buildings. I say it's worth it.
    14 years and the sun hasn't exploded. thanks TSA!

this argument is just as silly as claiming gravity doesn't exist because I can't put it in a cup.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    14 years and the sun hasn't exploded. thanks TSA!

this argument is just as silly as claiming gravity doesn't exist because I can't put it in a cup.
    Not really the TSA was developed under the DHS to guard against terrorism. Since they have been established there has been no repeat of 9/11 seems pretty simple.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

>_> ...

I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!