Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a ramp agent.

I don't get screened at all when I come into work.

Millions of passengers a day go through screening, but if you want to smuggle shit onto an airplane, the best way to do it, is to be a ramp agent. You can tell that TSA is bullshit because I do not get searched, ever. I can bring whatever I want in a backpack to the baggage room where the checked baggage comes after going through the detection machines and the sorters. I have access to the airplanes, to their cabins, their cockpits and their cargo bins. I have access to the panels, the interior of the landing gear wells. I never get searched. I could have a kbar in my backpack and no one would know.

Meanwhile if I put on my backpack and go up to the gate, that's a "security violation and a thirty day suspension." Okay, but I can bring my backpack to the baggage room?

Sure, they got cameras all over the place. I can easily get at a bag while being out of view of a camera. The baggage carts get in the way, the equipment and machinery gets in the way.

But I can't take a backpack upstairs to the gate, away from the checked luggage and aircraft.

It's so stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You know what didn't happen from 1903 through Sept 10, 2011? An event like Sept 11. That's over 100 years without an incident like that, so why on earth are you giving TSA credit for 14 years after without one?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm a ramp agent.
    I don't get screened at all when I come into work.
    I have access to the airplanes, to their cabins, their cockpits and their cargo bins. I have access to the panels, the interior of the landing gear wells.
    I never get searched.
    this whole post is slightly terrifying, but i believe you. The question is why are passangers put through so much crap when these ramp agents get a pass. I'm sure this is how alot of international drug trafficking is done..
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    this whole post is slightly terrifying, but i believe you. The question is why are passangers put through so much crap when these ramp agents get a pass. I'm sure this is how alot of international drug trafficking is done..
    They get screened before the emplyoment the damage they can cause is not necessary related to the stuff they can bring into the airport so its not really that big of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    That is exactly my question. I mean I had to go through a background check, but that's not hard. So long as you clear that, you're free to do as you please. If Al Qaeda or the drug cartels or someone else with ill intent just found some gullible little shit who had a clean record, what's to stop an airline from hiring him? Not a background check. And that's the hardest part to get past. Once he's in, he's got free access with nothing between him and the bags but a locked door his badge can open.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You know what didn't happen from 1903 through Sept 10, 2011? An event like Sept 11. That's over 100 years without an incident like that, so why on earth are you giving TSA credit for 14 years after without one?
    Probably because of the countless attempts since then that were thwarted by security?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is exactly my question. I mean I had to go through a background check, but that's not hard. So long as you clear that, you're free to do as you please. If Al Qaeda or the drug cartels or someone else with ill intent just found some gullible little shit who had a clean record, what's to stop an airline from hiring him? Not a background check. And that's the hardest part to get past. Once he's in, he's got free access with nothing between him and the bags but a locked door his badge can open.
    Not to mention that you might be recruited after you pass the security check. Those ~72 virgins might come in handy.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Dear people. Terrorists won. You changed your entire way of life. Turns out the price of freedom was...freedom.
    Guess we'll all shuffle through the airport shoeless like a bunch of prisoners while constant suspicion is applied to everyone in a ridiculously haphazard fashion, by people under qualified with too much power.
    Seems like a giant fail to me.
    I didn't see moo'ing on the list...so next time you shuffle on through, just moo a little like the cattle we are.
    Should get you right through
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Dear people. Terrorists won. You changed your entire way of life. Turns out the price of freedom was...freedom.
    Guess we'll all shuffle through the airport shoeless like a bunch of prisoners while constant suspicion is applied to everyone in a ridiculously haphazard fashion, by people under qualified with too much power.
    Seems like a giant fail to me.
    I didn't see moo'ing on the list...so next time you shuffle on through, just moo a little like the cattle we are.
    Should get you right through
    Oh please, nobody lost freedom. Last time I checked, airports aren't public property, and they're certainly not a right or public transportation. If you don't like it, don't fly.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Oh please, nobody lost freedom. Last time I checked, airports aren't public property, and they're certainly not a right or public transportation. If you don't like it, don't fly.
    Airports, the major ones in the US anyways, are owned by the city/state.

Mine is owned by the city of Portland.

So it very much is public property.

But you're right that it isn't public transportation or a right.
    Putin khuliyo

Airports, the major ones in the US anyways, are owned by the city/state.

Mine is owned by the city of Portland.

So it very much is public property.

But you're right that it isn't public transportation or a right.
    That's not how public property works. Try using that logic after breaking into the Pentagon at 4am. Tax funded property =! public property.

build pics