Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    While that is awesome and much needed, a lot of the leveling alts woes would be solved if they would just add in the equivalent of WoW's BoA gear that scales with your character from level 1 to max level. It's something that I've felt SWTOR has needed since the RotHC expansion launched. I know that if they added something like this in (instead of forcing you to either buy comm gear or craft new mods for your current gear) I'd be back in a heartbeat and leveling every class to max. But alas, game devs will be game devs and do as they please.

Don't get me wrong, these new leveling changes are sounding awesome. But it's still not quite where it needs to be for someone like me to come back and level multiple alts just so I can experience the class storylines that I haven't seen yet.
    I see your point and I liked heirloom gear well enough in wow but I always thought it took away the fun of gearing for me. You just mindless leveled with the best blue gear over and over. It was "meh" but it did make it one less thing to think about.

However, What I like about the way SWTOR does it, is I can choose certain aspects. Do I need more hit points? Change armorings. Maybe I want to level with a crazy high crit and nearly one shot mobs (that was really fun on my sniper). Little things like that I found more fun in SWTOR because I kept control of my gear while leveling.

To each their own though and I do see your point. I just like gearing myself from time to time.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-04-24 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    On May 4th, Bioware will be adding in 12X for Subscribers again.
    So happy

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I see your point and I liked heirloom gear well enough in wow but I always thought it took away the fun of gearing for me. You just mindless leveled with the best blue gear over and over. It was "meh" but it did make it one less thing to think about.

However, What I like about the way SWTOR does it, is I can choose certain aspects. Do I need more hit points? Change armorings. Maybe I want to level with a crazy high crit and nearly one shot mobs (that was really fun on my sniper). Little things like that I found more fun in SWTOR because I kept control of my gear while leveling.

To each their own though and I do see your point. I just like gearing myself from time to time.

My problem with swtor leveling gear is that is too much of headache..is not like you can craft a set of gear every 5 levels, is you need to change xxxxxx armorings, mods., etc for you and companion every 2 levels...

Of course you can skip and only upgrade every 6+ levels but for people who want the optimum result is a pain..for example in lotro you can craft full set of gear every five levels which is easy and is the best you can do.

Or at least they should remove gear from companions and just tweak their power for their level.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

You should not have a problem with that gear coming May 4th (or possible April 28 if those changes are included into that patch). Not for you or your companion.

Simply go to the right vendor, buy the gearing you need once you have the comms. You and your companions gear should also be supplemented by drops as well. If your lucky enough to use a companion that can use your gear. You're even better off.

Gear such as armors, mods and enhancement plus barrels and hilts is reduced in cost (everything costs 2) and you are given more comms (quests give 8). Gearing should not be an issue as far as I can tell this time around for 12X.

If you were to do any flash points at all, it will really be no problem given the gear you can get from them as well as comms.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-04-24 at 02:14 PM.

You should not have a problem with that gear coming May 4th (or possible April 28 if those changes are included into that patch). Not for you or your companion.

Simply go to the right vendor, buy the gearing you need once you have the comms. You and your companions gear should also be supplemented by drops as well. If your lucky enough to use a companion that can use your gear. You're even better off.

Gear such as armors, mods and enhancement plus barrels and hilts is reduced in cost (everything costs 2) and you are given more comms (quests give 8). Gearing should not be an issue as far as I can tell this time around for 12X.

If you were to do any flash points at all, it will really be no problem given the gear you can get from them as well as comms.
    It really does seem like it. It's good that the gearing and travelling changes will affect all players and not just subs, I am happy about that.

Thanks for the info. Did they make that every class story quest gives 8 comms? I don't remember well enough but I suppose that in every planet we do 5-6 class quests? Lets see..we have 2 weapon plus head, chest, gloves, boots, legs, belt and bracer. That makes for

2 Hilt/Barrels
    7 Armorings
    9 Mods
    9 Enhancements

Thats 54 commendations only for the character. If we double this for companion as well, this is 108 comms. Now, I don't expect to change gear every 2 levels of course..but at least it would be nice if we can change every 5-6 levels (every planet basically). So I hope that class story quests only will net 108 comms per planet, or else we will still have gearing problem Which I doubt cause that will mean 13+ class quests per planet and all of them will give 8 comms..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Did they make that every class story quest gives 8 comms? I don't remember well enough but I suppose that in every planet we do 5-6 class quests? Lets see..we have 2 weapon plus head, chest, gloves, boots, legs, belt and bracer. That makes for

2 Hilt/Barrels
    7 Armorings
    9 Mods
    9 Enhancements

Thats 54 commendations only for the character. If we double this for companion as well, this is 108 comms. Now, I don't expect to change gear every 2 levels of course..but at least it would be nice if we can change every 5-6 levels (every planet basically). So I hope that class story quests only will net 108 comms per planet, or else we will still have gearing problem Which I doubt cause that will mean 13+ class quests per planet and all of them will give 8 comms..
    If you obtains armours/mods etc from the planet barterers then it will be every 5 / 6 levels - as the level requirements for that gear will mean that you just cannot make use of the new stuff until you've reached the level requirement. Even the crafted armours/mods/enhs don't actually go up that much every 2 levels. I have always upgraded every 3 to 5 levels depending on the gear and back in 2012 that was assuming I could actually get the currency in question as it was not generic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed this event the first time. I won't make the same mistake twice. I have all 4 Imp classes done. Now to see the Rep storylines.

Think I'll level an agent. I only have a Jedi Knight at max atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    Think I'll level an agent. I only have a Jedi Knight at max atm.
    I didn't care for the operative playstyle but I loved the sniper and the agent story is considered one of the best.

UPDATE"

IT does look like the 12X bonus will end this fall at sometime given the May the 4th announcement.

Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall
    http://www.swtor.com/may-the-fourth?...kt-t-us-hp-183
    Last edited by quras; 2015-04-27 at 05:19 PM.

Well, it looks that forever reason the game recognises my account as F2P instead of preferred when it comes to the travel changes. Which is kind of annoying since I am both a founder (with months as sub on release) plus the last time I was a sub was a couple of months prior to the release of SoR. It's a good thing I can tell BW about I guess :-p

Deleted
    IT does look like the 12X bonus will end this fall at sometime given the May the 4th announcement.

http://www.swtor.com/may-the-fourth?...kt-t-us-hp-183

The way I see that, I think the next expansion with new leveling content releases this Fall, and they don't want you to have 12X EXP then.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    The way I see that, I think the next expansion with new leveling content releases this Fall, and they don't want you to have 12X EXP then.
    I would say this is a very intelligent and likely prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Highly unlikely considering 12x only works for 1-55 so you won't have it either way. If anything they'll want more people at level cap for an expansion.

Yay finally I can complete my legacy (This is basically fanfic)

Latana/Clodane (Main characters) Latana is a member of the dark council, she's vichous and incredibly dangerous. She takes advantage of others and uses them to get what she wants. She seeks to destroy the dark council and reshape the sith empire in her image. Clodane is married to Latana, and is one of the most skilled combatants in the world. He has held of entire republic forces by himself. When not slaying Jedi scum, he carries out Latanas orders. (Pureblood, both of them) (Latana - Sith inquistor. Clodane - Sith warrior)

Bralkelt: One of the best bounty hunters in the world, he's a mandalorian aswell and has slain plenty of rankors bare handed. He's quite easy to get because the side who pays more gets his services. Luckily enough, Latana has access to the Sith treasury and pays him more than the republic. He is a major piece in Latanas plan for world domination. (Chiss)

Khunne: She is the daugther of Latana and Bralkelt, when found out that she wasnt force sensetive, she was nearly killed by Latana, but Clodane suggested that she should be launched into space with an escape pod. She eventually landed on ord mantell where she grew up in a village. Clodane often visited her in secret. She were eventually found by a troop commander that was quite forgiving, even though she was a sith pureblood. They got to know each other and eventually got married. She was then presented to the grand chancelor. While the chancelor was skeptical she welcomed her to the republic to work as a double agent and destroy the empire from within. She now actively works with her husband to destroy Latana, her mother. (Imperial agent.)

Govav: Govav is one of the most experienced jedi of all time, having fought the voice of the emperor single handedly, he was not however capable of doing so as the emperor overpowered him. But since then he has grown massively in strength and slays sith without effort most of the time. He's rebellious/Childish nature led him to marry a Pirate, who commands a massive pirate fleet. (Mirilialan Jedi knight)

Awezu: Awezu is the leader of the republics military. While not as skilled in combat as his brother Govav, he's a tactical genious. He has won countless battles against the empire just because of this, and doesent intend to stop there. He can be quite vichous, and kills imperials without remorse. He remains somewhat true to the Jedi code. He respects his brother action for having married a crimelord. (Mirilialan Jedi Consular)

Cewtu: One of the biggest crimelords in the galaxy, she married Govav when he was looking for information on the moon of nar shadda. She accepted to give him information if she got laid. She found him particullary handsome. She now fights the bounty hunters to take their jobs and make more money for their crew. Not that they stand a chance since her fleet is vast and huge. She also helps Govav and the republic sometimes if it benefits her. (Mirialan Smuggler)

Sergeant Banks: Sergeant banks is the one who found Khuune on ord mantel. When he met her, he was just a common soldier, but by the time he engaged he was one of the best commanders in the entire republic. Doing this he had the authority to show her for the grand chancelor and the republic, making her into a double agent. He now actively works at shutting down Latana. (Cathar Trooper)

Sides:

Empire:

Latana (Dark council member)
    Clodane (Sith Combatant)
    Bralkelt (Mandalorian)

Republic:

Khunne (Double agent)
    Govav (Skilled Jedi)
    Awezu (Tactical Genious)
    Cewtu (Crimelord, Neutral most of the time)
    Sergeant banks (Republic commander)

Enemies

Govav/Awezu Vs Clodane. (Only with their tacitcal genious and combat skills combined, may they be able to stand a chance against Clodanes Wrath. Make no fool, Clodane has the record of killing the most soldiers in one swing.)

Sergeant Banks/Khunne Vs Latana. (Khunne hating her mother with burning anger since birth wants to see her dead. Khunne provides Sergeant banks with intell, and they attempt to destroy eveything Latana holds dear.)

Cewtu Vs Bralkelt. (Bralkelt respects bounty hunters and wants them proteced. Since Cewtu is hunting them down, Bralkelt's mandalorians are the only thing that stands a match against her vast armies of pirates.)

Yeah stuff, I just wanted to get it off my chest

It's not just you. Looks like all preferred players have the QT of f2p. I heard there were 2 sets of patch notes. The first set grouped pref & f2p, while the second set grouped subs & pref.

Here's to hoping the second set is the correct one, and they match pref QT to subs.

Quote Originally Posted by jkutswings View Post
    It's not just you. Looks like all preferred players have the QT of f2p. I heard there were 2 sets of patch notes. The first set grouped pref & f2p, while the second set grouped subs & pref.

Here's to hoping the second set is the correct one, and they match pref QT to subs.
    Nope, Preferred are lumped in with F2P in terms of restrictions for the most part. Don't expect that to change any time soon : /

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope, Preferred are lumped in with F2P in terms of restrictions for the most part. Don't expect that to change any time soon : /
    The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
    They have said this, but also have you guys got the legacy unlocks aswell? since adding those brings it down to instant. It isn't instant as base.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    They have said this, but also have you guys got the legacy unlocks aswell? since adding those brings it down to instant. It isn't instant as base.
    Oh snaps, I stand corrected. Didn't notice that when I logged in last night but that definitely helps pique my interest a bit more >.>

The situation is clear: according to the official patch notes, sub and preferred players should have the Fast Travel cd at 6 mins and the fleet cd at 90 minutes, with F2P players having them at 26 minutes and 180 mins respectively. These are the values without any legacy unlocks. However, at present it seems that preferred players get the values of the F2P players. Whether this is a bug or the notes were wrong it remains to be seen.

Some kind-enough sub players have already posted about this in the official bug forums, but there is no official response yet. I doubt there will be any action soon, since apparently people have found a way to bypass the lock for the last area in Ziost, so BW will probably have their hands full for the next few days. So all we can do is wait and see.