Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I almost didn't recognize you for a moment!
    Ironic, given that this now IS me, and the old one was ellen page!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like carcinogens are becoming a hot button issue these days. The paint used to coat cast iron for the products we use at work apparently has carcinogen in it and is hazardous because it gets airborne in a machine shop due to milling the paint off the material.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Why have you stolen Ellen Page's account? D:

So that's what the mythical Erin actually looks like?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulina View Post
    GMO =/= Pesticides

Monsanto = Pesticides.
    In this case, they go hand in hand, as glyphosate isn't very useful without a glyphosate-resistant crop ("roundup-ready" canola or soybeans or whatnot), which are created via genetic engineering.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    We've known for decades that pesticides are not safe. This isn't news. But the amount of pesticides we do use (hint has gone through the roof) is harmful to a lot of different things. The run off alone is bad enough.

Funny enough with GMOs they make it easier for crops to be decimated by bugs. But how? Well when everyone is planting the exact same seed with no genetic diversity across the region when a bug comes along that gets past the 'gmo pesticide built into it' that bug spreads like wild fire to all the surrounding fields.
    Bugs just get stronger and more resistant to the pesticides we use more than anything. Better off doing like Japan and grown everything inside warehouses built up with UV lights in order to grow food, it's far easier since you are using man made devices to make plants grow more easily, including creating day/night cycles.

Deleted
    So that's what the mythical Erin actually looks like?!
    I've had pictures of me up before! One of the first avatars I used, if not THE first one, was me! And then the second one too! This isn''t my best photo mind, late at night in my pyjamas with all my makeup worn off but it's small enough that I can get away with it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Prove it, drink it!

No, of course you are not... We're going to believe you or Monsanto over the World Health Organization?

Besides, this piece was posted to demonstrate the stupidity of the individual, with a response somewhat like yours. Regardless of the underlying issue, the outcome would have been the same.
    that's not even fair... Dr. W.H.O. or some random blokes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bugs just get stronger and more resistant to the pesticides we use more than anything. Better off doing like Japan and grown everything inside warehouses built up with UV lights in order to grow food, it's far easier since you are using man made devices to make plants grow more easily, including creating day/night cycles.
    Didn't they just make a cabbage farm inside the building that used to be a sony plant? They were claiming being able to harvest something like 100,000 cabbages a day using 1% of the water of traditional farming.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Didn't they just make a cabbage farm inside the building that used to be a sony plant? They were claiming being able to harvest something like 100,000 cabbages a day using 1% of the water of traditional farming.
    Who the fuck is gonna eat 100,000 cabbages a day though. Tastes like stale piss.

I've had pictures of me up before! One of the first avatars I used, if not THE first one, was me! And then the second one too! This isn''t my best photo mind, late at night in my pyjamas with all my makeup worn off but it's small enough that I can get away with it I think.
    Oh gosh darn it girl, what is with it and the "Well I have no makeup so I must look bad" attitude! :P

Deleted
    Oh gosh darn it girl, what is with it and the "Well I have no makeup so I must look bad" attitude! :P
    Well, it's not as bad as it used to be, but I'm definitely one of the people who look better with makeup than without. My eyes like all small and goofy without eyemakeup at least.

Well, it's not as bad as it used to be, but I'm definitely one of the people who look better with makeup than without. My eyes like all small and goofy without eyemakeup at least.
    Probably just because you're used to it, looks fine to me!

But this is kinda off topic I suppose.

I use Roundup herbicide around the trailer to keep the weeds down, my neighbor uses a big blow torch.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck is gonna eat 100,000 cabbages a day though. Tastes like stale piss.
    It might just be that I'm from California and we're uh...kind of having a wee problem regarding water right now which will likely continue in to the near future. The vast majority of the State's water goes towards farming. Even a small improvement in management there would do wonders for us.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    It might just be that I'm from California and we're uh...kind of having a wee problem regarding water right now which will likely continue in to the near future. The vast majority of the State's water goes towards farming. Even a small improvement in management there would do wonders for us.
    Yeah man, I'm all for that, but why would you spend a single drop growing fucking cabbages when you could grow good shit like whatever falafel is made of, or like tomatos or cucumbers or OMG BELL MOTHERFUCKING PEPPERS. RED ONES CONTAIN SEVERAL TIMES MORE VITAMINS THAN GREEN ONES. Or beansprouts.

Cabbages. REALLY?!

Yeah man, I'm all for that, but why would you spend a single drop growing fucking cabbages when you could grow good shit like whatever falafel is made of, or like tomatos or cucumbers or OMG BELL MOTHERFUCKING PEPPERS. RED ONES CONTAIN SEVERAL TIMES MORE VITAMINS THAN GREEN ONES. Or beansprouts.

Cabbages. REALLY?!
    I cut my finger pretty deeply once while cutting a cabbage, so I can honestly say this with 100% honesty in my voice.

Cabbages trigger me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I use Roundup herbicide around the trailer to keep the weeds down, my neighbor uses a big blow torch.
    I like using fire too, but mine isn't military issue unfortunately.

Deleted
    I cut my finger pretty deeply once while cutting a cabbage, so I can honestly say this with 100% honesty in my voice.

Cabbages trigger me.
    Well it was bound to happen. If you didn't cut yourself by accident while cutting the cabbage, you'd be wanting to cut yourself on purpose by the time you were done eating the fucking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    In this case, they go hand in hand, as glyphosate isn't very useful without a glyphosate-resistant crop ("roundup-ready" canola or soybeans or whatnot), which are created via genetic engineering.
    Monsanto makes GMO crops.

Monsanto does not make all GMO crops...
    But that is their end-goal...

In fact, the way Monsanto breeds a dependency on the specific poison that only they make, is a perfect example of ethics abuse.

People need food to survive.
    Monsanto corners the "food" market.
    Monsanto obliterates all meaningful competition.

Now, Monsanto is in the position to make pretty much any demands it wants, and use the US legal system to enforce it's profit-driven batshit agenda because only their seed exists after they sue all other farmers out of business, and people need food to survive so any price that does not result in a violent revolution will be paid begrudgingly by humanity.

When people are eventually faced with the choices of illegally growing crops that are interbred with Monsanto property and going to either jail or debtor's prison...

Even if legacy seed is used, it is effectively impossible to avoid the wind from naturally dispersing Monsanto DNA across all other fields in the state.

Farmers have been sued to oblivion for growing 3rd/4th generation Legacy/Monsanto crops that cross-pollinated without their knowledge, because their fields were downwind from a Monsanto field 5 years ago.