Deleted

Feral- Help me get better

Hey guys, feral is my offspec but I want to get better, I feel like things are not going as well as they should. I have decent gear, and my rankings are not great for my gear.

Here is 9 heroic bosses I did today on a guild alt run.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=34

Can anyone identify any issues? I'll also log off in my feral gear to see if maybe its just a gear issue.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../lyuben/simple

Deleted
    Captive Micro-Abberation is a horrible trinket.
    Your gear is fairly poorly itemized for single target, not enough crit.

Usual question, what opening sequence are you using?

Taking Gruul as the first example;

Your Rip uptime is only 92%, this should be higher.
    You seem to miss 3 Bloodtalons procs from making use of PS.
    Seems like you aren't using Incarnation straight away, it should be your first global out of stealth, and used before berserk.

Darmac;

You should've saved your second set of CD's/pot for Bloodlust phase.
    You didn't have a TF at a good time during second set of cooldowns.

Just some examples, overall you just need to replace that trinket, make sure you think about when to use cooldowns, and most importantly; try get your rip uptime as close to 100% as possible.

I can dive further into other bosses but these just seem to be general points I've found.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyspark View Post
    Captive Micro-Abberation is a horrible trinket.
    Your gear is fairly poorly itemized for single target, not enough crit.

Usual question, what opening sequence are you using?

Taking Gruul as the first example;

Your Rip uptime is only 92%, this should be higher.
    You seem to miss 3 Bloodtalons procs from making use of PS.
    Seems like you aren't using Incarnation straight away, it should be your first global out of stealth, and used before berserk.

Darmac;

You should've saved your second set of CD's/pot for Bloodlust phase.
    You didn't have a TF at a good time during second set of cooldowns.

Just some examples, overall you just need to replace that trinket, make sure you think about when to use cooldowns, and most importantly; try get your rip uptime as close to 100% as possible.

I can dive further into other bosses but these just seem to be general points I've found.
    I've heard advice that rip doesn't need to be 100%, so not sure.

But yeah trinkets are poor haha. I've tried for so long getting another trinket believe you me, for the last month, but they just don't drop, or if they do, I lose the roll.

For my opening I use incarnation slightly before combat starts into rake, shred, shred, tigers fury, berserk, shred, shred and rip (or if I crit a lot sooner obviously)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    I've heard advice that rip doesn't need to be 100%, so not sure.
    It won't be 100%, but it should be as close as possible .

For my opening I use incarnation slightly before combat starts into rake, shred, shred, tigers fury, berserk, shred, shred and rip (or if I crit a lot sooner obviously)
    Shouldn't use it before combat, just start from stealth, so;

HT
    Prowl
    Prepot
    Rake
    Incarnation
    Shred to 5 CP
    Rip (+TF if below 35 energy)
    Berserk (+TF if not already used) + Shred to 5 CP
    HT
    FB
    Rake

Continue as normal.

Deleted
    It won't be 100%, but it should be as close as possible .

Shouldn't use it before combat, just start from stealth, so;

HT
    Prowl
    Prepot
    Rake
    Incarnation
    Shred to 5 CP
    Rip (+TF if below 35 energy)
    Berserk (+TF if not already used) + Shred to 5 CP
    HT
    FB
    Rake

Continue as normal.
    I appreciate the slightly better opening rotation, but that gives me an extra two swings in with incarnation at most. Doesn't really address the ranking issue.

Is it just gear? Feel lost sometimes, like I'm doing most things right according to guides but I don't get optimal results.

Oh and I just thought of an issue on Gruul, I think I dropped HT due to petrify.

Deleted
    I appreciate the slightly better opening rotation, but that gives me an extra two swings in with incarnation at most. Doesn't really address the ranking issue.
    Think of it this way, when used properly you could gain maybe 200k damage in the opener, over a 4 minute fight lets say. 200/240 = 0.833

So you gain 833 dps. Not that significant, but it's still overall 2% on your gruul log for example. I suspect the number would be higher than 200k anyway. Little details like this all add up.

Also you cannot take rankings so literally.
    Ranks are dictated by more than just player skill and gear, it's also to do with kill speed, RNG with crits/multistrikes, sometimes tactics get in the way, etc.

In my opinion, ranks have just lost all value. I have no real respect for anyone with rank 1 parses. Not saying those with rank 1's are bad, it's just that in my eyes it really doesn't mean anything other than you got slightly better RNG or your group is slightly better.

Is it just gear? Feel lost sometimes, like I'm doing most things right according to guides but I don't get optimal results.
    Guides generally don't cover absolutely everything when going for good ranks. It depends which guides you're looking at, personally I stay far away from most guides out there, asides from Pawket's guide on these forums.

But yes your trinket is SEVERELY holding you back, I suggest just getting a LDSC or something for now, probably even normal mode Kromog trinket. Your other gear isn't even that bad.

Oh and I just thought of an issue on Gruul, I think I dropped HT due to petrify.
    I assume you're aware of this already but if that's the case then it's a personal management issue, you need to think ahead and plan for such scenarios, if you're not already using boss mods then do so, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc8431286a48; 2015-03-28 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Think of it this way, when used properly you could gain maybe 200k damage in the opener, over a 4 minute fight lets say. 200/240 = 0.833

So you gain 833 dps. Not that significant, but it's still overall 2% on your gruul log for example. I suspect the number would be higher than 200k anyway.

Also you cannot take rankings so literally.
    Ranks are dictated by more than just player skill and gear, it's also to do with kill speed, RNG with crits/multistrikes, sometimes tactics get in the way, etc.

In my opinion, ranks have just lost all value. I have no real respect for anyone with rank 1 parses. Not saying those with rank 1's are bad, it's just that in my eyes it really doesn't mean anything other than you got slightly better RNG or your group is slightly better.

Guides generally don't cover absolutely everything when going for good ranks. It depends which guides you're looking at, personally I stay far away from most guides out there, asides from Pawket's guide on these forums.

But yes your trinket is SEVERELY holding you back, I suggest just getting a LDSC or something for now, probably even normal mode Kromog trinket. Your other gear isn't even that bad.

I assume you're aware of this already but if that's the case then it's a personal management issue, you need to think ahead and plan for such scenarios, if you're not already using boss mods then do so, etc.
    Hell, I'll settle for a heroic butcher trinket but that doesn't drop either lol.

I'll try your new rotation though its objectively better, I'm not opposed to it, don't get me wrong, I was just hesitant to see it as a solution.

Deleted
    Hell, I'll settle for a heroic butcher trinket but that doesn't drop either lol.

I'll try your new rotation though its objectively better, I'm not opposed to it, don't get me wrong, I was just hesitant to see it as a solution.
    Unfortunately in most of these cases there's not one magic solution, it's just a collection of smaller things that all eventually add up. You seem to be doing the majority of things correctly in terms of playstyle, so there's most likely just smaller gaps that are hard to notice.

But you will see a huge difference with a new trinket, with how much damage we do during cooldowns these days, having a trinket proc during them is insane, especially one which you can control such as Kromog/LDSC.

Deleted
    Unfortunately in most of these cases there's not one magic solution, it's just a collection of smaller things that all eventually add up. You seem to be doing the majority of things correctly in terms of playstyle, so there's most likely just smaller gaps that are hard to notice.

But you will see a huge difference with a new trinket, with how much damage we do during cooldowns these days, having a trinket proc during them is insane, especially one which you can control such as Kromog/LDSC.
    Hmm LDSC is going relatively cheap on my server, 20k or so. I think I can afford that. Didn't even consider it.

Should last me till I get a heroic kromog/gruul/blackhand trinket right? So worth getting you think?

Deleted

All depends on your financial situation, if you have the gold to spare then go for it.