Thread: Change Apexis.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Change Apexis.

Apexis currently is extremely useless, and doing my missions for Apexis, or those daily quests. Even doing the missions is useless, as all Apexis is used for is to get 2 of the three weekly Coins. Which, can be achieved in different ways (2 Ashrans, and you're ready).
    So why don't they change it for the better..

How would the idea of spending Apexis Crystals to "Upgrade" your "Gear". Similiar to how upgrading item level. However, instead of that, you can make your items Warforged. So imagine you have a piece of equipment, non warforged, no extra stat and no socket. You can add those with Apexis Crystals. And we don't need to have huge amounts, simply one or two items changed once every week.

I mean, that would make people move around in the world. At least people would bother doing the Apexis stuff that is around, and heck, give dungeons an Apexis reward and I bet people would run them even more. Fact is, many are bored, outside Garrison and Raiding there's not very much to do, other than farming old content for achievements or mounts. So why not let the players improve their gear "even if it's slightly, I'm not talking about full warforged within a week".

As to me both Warforged and Socket seem rather stupid. It's an lottery RNG.
    Take coining. - ITEM - NO ITEM -> 1-4 ITEMS. -> WARFORGED+SOCKET+STAT, WARFORGED+SOCKET, WARFORGED+STAT, WARFORGED, SOCKET... etc

And everything in moderation. You shouldn't be able to upgrade all of your items within a week, it should at most be 1 or 2 items. And that's either Warforged, Socket or the Extra stat. And to get them all it takes even longer. Just small min/max for the raiders.

It's almost as the system we had back then. Just that you have to work for the stuff. And that these items can drop, just bad RNG:

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    they did the upgrades in soo cause they knew we'd be wearing the same smelly gear for a year+

this is probably how they will reintroduce a similar system when we are in 6.2/grom raid for a year+

but yea, aside from that one part of the legendary questline and the option to use them as currency for coins, you are correct, apexis crystals are usless.

Considering it is pretty damned difficult to get huge amounts of apexis crystals other than the daily quest, I think this would be a great idea. Right now barely anything in the game feels like you are working toward anything regarding your characters performance other than ploughing a raid. It is the great WoD flaw imo.

Deleted
    On the idea for making a bigger use to the apexis crystals im totaly agree. They are to a huge point useless currency right now. They were a thing to farm in the first 2 weeks of WoD to upgrade your gear and get better gear for the raid, but the moment the raids opened no one with their right brain will farm them.
    Yes some might say its used for seals, as you said, but there are now a lot less painful and a lot less grindy ways to get your weekly seals. Other might say that they are good for gearing alt... before i get a single item i will need to gather around.. what? ... 40-50k? i will get LFR and normal gear for a lot less time investment and 0 grind and will have a lot more fun than killing countless of adds to get that amount of apexis. Other will say that u can buy pets and mounts with them.. okey after you buy them then what? Right?

Now the idea to use the crystals as gear upgrade currency like lesser charms were at the end of MoP is interesting suggestion. I as raider even like this idea no matter how big the amount for a single upgrade will be, because to me it will be that - an upgrade, even if I'm only able to it once a week. It will also give me reason to play more outside of raids, because recently i am having hard times to find what to do in the weekends or the off days besides log on to send followers on missions.

Actualy this idea can make a lot of uses. Like when you said dungeons to give apexis reward for completing, they can even add that if you are in premade group to get bigger reward, etc.

Just my thoughts, but anyway i am agree with you - apexis need to have more uses in the game, even if it is like what they did with the garrison resources i am not gona complain about, because unlike gresources you can grind apexis

10+ Year Old Account
    i've been stockpiling apexis in the hopes they'll make it useful, but i'm not holding my breath.

I'm unsure if they'd go for an upgrade gear idea as that was pretty mediocre in SoO.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Considering it is pretty damned difficult to get huge amounts of apexis crystals other than the daily quest, I think this would be a great idea. Right now barely anything in the game feels like you are working toward anything regarding your characters performance other than ploughing a raid. It is the great WoD flaw imo.
    Not really since 6.1. You can buy missives for garrison resources and do as many apexis crystals dailies as you want.

I mean I was just buying one missive per day that went with my daily quest and only did that for like a week and had 15k apexis. If you are going to rep grind you should buy the ones for the area you are grinding, etc...

Theoretically the only limiting factors to how much apexis you can get in a day using missives is your efficiency and your garrison resources, you can buy how ever many you want... I know because I bought like six of them and went ham on one of my fresh 100 alts the other day to complete the 4986 crystal portion of the legendary before the reset which was the next day.

They only cost 200 resources each, so if you are sitting at the 10k cap which most people claim to be because there is nothing to do, you can buy enough missives for like 40,000+ crystals, not including drops or dailies.

And to the guy above saying they are gearing up to make 6.2 last a year... I highly doubt it. I am pretty sure their next expansion was developed in tandem with WoD and all through this time WoD was out. It will be announced at Blizzcon and launch early next year to coincide with the movie release.

So depending on when 6.2 launches, probably late summer, it could be as little as six months before the next expansion, though that is probably very generous. It definitely won't be a year though.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2015-03-28 at 03:55 PM.

Giving players the ability to make their gear warforged would likely make it required for progression just as upgrading and reforging did in MoP. If it's there, people feel forced to use it, especially if RNG is unkind. Right now, warforged gear is just a nice bonus and not to be expected. It's also not assumed all players will be full warforged when designing content. If all players could be all warforged, then all content will have to be designed around it.

Apexis needs something, yeah. The only thing I've used them for is the legendary ring quest. Nothing else has grabbed my eye and grinding the rep for the mounts and pets interests me like a hole in the head at the moment. Perhaps they should just add an Apexis to gold conversion or Apexis to honor. Apexis crystals are effectively justice/valor points. Maybe Apexis for various resources like garrison, cooking mats, ores, herbs, profession made items, etc. If they added in rep commendations for Apexis that are BoA, they might prove useful, too. But no to item upgrades.

If something's added, it can't be something that's mandatory. Doing warforged upgrades would be seen as mandatory. We're far enough into the expansion that adding more ways to get profession made items like taladite crystals won't matter much. With a new raid tier, Blizzard will almost have to do that just to keep prices of crafted items reasonable and obtainable in a feasible time frame. No one will want a 640 item when the new raid might give 700/713/726 (or whatever). Only way you can sell it is by fully upgrading the item. Unless you're hoarding materials, you're looking at like 3 weeks or better to do that. The time cost would be enormous and not worth the price for many people. So Apexis for profession materials would be nice. Maybe even throw in savage bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    If it's there, people feel forced to use it, especially if RNG is unkind.
    I am not sure how that is really much different from the current situation. The only difference is now you are gating how much you can do in a week, so now there is nothing to do. Where have I heard that before?

Basically you are saying that anything added cannot be useful, because if it is useful it is now mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have close to 100k apexis still lying around on my characters. I long ago (maybe 6-7 weeks back) quit doing the apexis dailies. I have two or three quest achieves associated with the daily quest areas that I do want to go back and finish, but that will be it for me. I've bought everything worth buying with them. At least, thankfully, they're a currency and not some stacks of crap I have to carry in bags.

For awhile I was burning some of them on the weekly coins, but now I have 10 coins on my toons and I have quit raiding because there is nothing left for me to do but Mythic, which I'm uninterested in doing.

I wish they'd put in some sort of simple exchange system for them, like in Cata where you could trade honor for stacks of trade mats.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    i want to ask about the 670 gear..with the apex crystals, how does that work cause you need something else to redeem them..

I would really like it if they gave raiders at least some use for apexis. I think adding things like sockets and warforged (for a fairly hefty cost of course) would be a great idea.

I do agree that the sheer amount of random in gearing up is simply not fun and I think most people agree. It's fucking annoying and instead of making warforged gear feel awesome it instead makes non-warforged gear feel cheap and incomplete. Gearing up is a hopeless battle against RNG right now, especially with how large of an impact warforged+socket makes.

Apexis should be scrapped and VP/JP should be put back. It serves basically same function (with massive nerfs to reward thou) with more clutter.

Points were added in Cata because in Wrath people were running around with 5 badges (three of which are useless), so they compressed it to 2. Making another currency every patch is horribly regressive idea.

For the post, I disagree with the idea - item upgrades were basically another chore in 5.4. It also fails to make people with lower gear progress (In 5.4 there was no valor gear, so people with shit gear were stuck upgrading their shit gear)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

i was doing apexis dailys until they made the group/raid change. It took long enough doing them in a raid, sorry there not worth the time it takes to do with a group of 5.

It was fun.. 2 days :P Then I stopped farming them (well obviously to get ring). Tried to gear up my alt, a few months ago there was 40 man groups farming them, now you hardly can get 2 people to help you haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    How would the idea of spending Apexis Crystals to "Upgrade" your "Gear". Similiar to how upgrading item level. However, instead of that, you can make your items Warforged. So imagine you have a piece of equipment, non warforged, no extra stat and no socket. You can add those with Apexis Crystals. And we don't need to have huge amounts, simply one or two items changed once every week.

I mean, that would make people move around in the world. At least people would bother doing the Apexis stuff that is around, and heck, give dungeons an Apexis reward and I bet people would run them even more. Fact is, many are bored, outside Garrison and Raiding there's not very much to do, other than farming old content for achievements or mounts. So why not let the players improve their gear "even if it's slightly, I'm not talking about full warforged within a week".

As to me both Warforged and Socket seem rather stupid. It's an lottery RNG.
    Take coining. - ITEM - NO ITEM -> 1-4 ITEMS. -> WARFORGED+SOCKET+STAT, WARFORGED+SOCKET, WARFORGED+STAT, WARFORGED, SOCKET... etc

And everything in moderation. You shouldn't be able to upgrade all of your items within a week, it should at most be 1 or 2 items. And that's either Warforged, Socket or the Extra stat. And to get them all it takes even longer. Just small min/max for the raiders.

It's almost as the system we had back then. Just that you have to work for the stuff. And that these items can drop, just bad RNG:

Thoughts?
    I think it's a bad idea, just like item upgrades were. Adding something like this will just make it mandatory. People don't like mandatory stuff. They didn't like needing to do dailies to get bonus rolls. They didn't like Valor capping to upgrade their gear. They didn't like running LFR for extra shots at trinkets and tier pieces.

I agree that Apexis in it's current form is pointless apart from buying seals. The gear is pointless for people raiding anything higher than normal and it might as well not exist for the people that could use the gear because the higher tiers have insane costs.
    They just need to greatly reduce the cost of the upgrades, add crafting items to vendors and make them drop from dungeons, pet battles, raiding and PvP. Raiders get something to spend excess apexis on. Non-raiders and alts can use it to gear up. Players accrue apexis by doing whatever they like doing.

I also agree that there is nothing to do besides raiding and garrisons. But it's not because players can't improve on their character's gear. It's because all outdoor "content" boils down to farming, camping or it's just pointless/annoying with no flying. Reputations have hit rock bottom with copy-paste mount rewards and mostly being restricted to mob grinding. Why would I kill a few thousands NPCs just for a recolor of an Elekk? The rares that drop mounts mostly require camping, which is the ultimate form of compelling gameplay. The only worthwhile rewards from pet battles are found in the garrison. Wild pets are useless as ever after you've collected them and trainers only offer a pitiful amount of pet charms and are not worth the hassle of getting to. Archaeology is more annoying and pointless then ever with it's terrible rewards and while being restricted to flight paths and ground mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    i want to ask about the 670 gear..with the apex crystals, how does that work cause you need something else to redeem them..
    You have to buy the base 630 item first, then you trade that in along with additional Apexis for the next level, etc, etc.