Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Honestly i use 3 980s, 4790k in my gaming pc and i had stuttering which is why i went and bought almost the exact same one i listed for u. and i havent had a single problem with it yet. i can have multi editing programs open at once. and it even does good with playbacks and gaming (i know u said u didnt want a gaming pc) the reason the titan is better then a 980 is that the titan was designed to be a powerhouse card for both worlds not just one. and its cheaper then gettin a workstation gpu

That's actually very interesting. I can imagine the extra speed really does shine in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by markie10101 View Post
    the reason the titan is better then a 980 is that the titan was designed to be a powerhouse card for both worlds not just one. and its cheaper then gettin a workstation gpu
    For the original Titan and Titan Black this was true. The Titan X, however, has the DP-compute stuff disabled or not present on the card. It's actually WORSE at compute stuff than the original Titan. The Titan X isn't a crossover card like the original Titan and Titan Black were. Its just a really expensive gaming card.

the reason the titan is better then a 980 is that the titan was designed to be a powerhouse card for both worlds not just one. and its cheaper then gettin a workstation gpu
    The new GTX Titan has lower double-precision floating point performance than an AMD APU. Its single-precision performance is decent, but not mind-blowing. Its gaming performance is what you would expect from the clock speeds and the architecture, but it is not worth well over twice the price of a GTX 970.