Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which battlepets do sell?

Hello,

i just had an idea how to make some gold for me. i have tons of pets and someone told me that i can put them into a cage and sell them ! hell yeah! i didnt knew that and man i have tons of pets and i dont use any of them at all.

So yeah which pets can i sell? there so many i dont know which ones even sell. do green ones even sell? i just put all my blue ones in a cage but no idea if they are gonna sell or not because the prices seem rediculous for them (2k+ each).

anyone can tell me which ones sell/sell fast or do not sell at all?

Thanks for any Help

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal wisps sell for quite a bit

Undercut people by a sizable amount and they seem to sell a hell of a lot faster. When there are five on ah all within ten copper of each other, undercut by 100 gold and it will sell most likely...sounds like you are losing gold, but if you just undercut by one copper, they will just do the same to you all day.

I haven't tried to sell any green ones personally. I've probably made 50k+ just from battle pets this expansion. The more annoying old raid boss ones seem to sell quite nicely, as are any you have to farm.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    hyjal wisps are rediculous there is like 3 on the ah for 15k gold i cant believe this. put my 3 up for 5k each but i actually have 0 hope that they will sell. who the f pays 5k for a PET!?.

ok so what old raid pets sell the best ? what do you mean by the more annoying old raid bosses? i do almost all old raids every week could be nice to know which ones sell for a good amount. and good amount i mean id sell everything over 300g+

i could also put up a screenshot of my inventory with all the blue pets i have and could you tell me if there is anything in there that will sell?

Deleted
    Netherspace Abyssals, Viscidus Globule, Coilfang Stalker, Wisp and sometimes Grotesque all sell for a lot. I usually buy the few that appear at a cheaper price and resell for almost the double.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    Netherspace Abyssals, Viscidus Globule, Coilfang Stalker, Wisp and sometimes Grotesque all sell for a lot. I usually buy the few that appear at a cheaper price and resell for almost the double.
    Thanks thats kind of helpful.

Are there any othher pets that just sell? Like not a lot maybe 1k or sth. but they still sell? i dont wanna straight farm them i just have so many pets and dont know which ones will sell ://
    and i cannot just put them on the ah because i think there are maaany overpriced things that just sit there but im not sure. i just put up some fire elemental thing from cataclysm molten front there were 2 for 15k each up. i thought wow they never gonna sell. put mine up for 7k and it sold INSTANTLY.

so yeah which ones do sell at all? also the cheaper ones like 1k...

Wanna get your mind blown? Not only can you cage them, you can do it on any character on any realm... so if you are rich on one realm and hard-up on another, this is a great way to get gold across realms!

Anyhow, basically any raid drop pet MoP+ sells well, because they are all 1 %ers. The old raiding with leashes pets sell okay too - but they definitely don't seem like 1%ers, maybe more like 10%ers. Plus they sell for more like 2 k gold, where as the real 1%ers sell for 20k+. The other big selling pets IMO are the limited timers, they are only available during a holiday or special event. And finally, this should really be the only deciding factor... but it's probably the least important is how good are they? There are pets that are simply the best for battle, things like the unborn Valk and Chromius. I suggest doing a search for top 20 or so best WoW battle pets and go from there. Also, selling them preleveled to 25 might help - but it could also delay their sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dronix11 View Post
    hyjal wisps are rediculous there is like 3 on the ah for 15k gold i cant believe this. put my 3 up for 5k each but i actually have 0 hope that they will sell. who the f pays 5k for a PET!?.

ok so what old raid pets sell the best ? what do you mean by the more annoying old raid bosses? i do almost all old raids every week could be nice to know which ones sell for a good amount. and good amount i mean id sell everything over 300g+

i could also put up a screenshot of my inventory with all the blue pets i have and could you tell me if there is anything in there that will sell?
    5k? I bought my Tiny the hatespark for 20k... and I have sold more than one pet in the past for 30k.

Deleted
    Hmn i dont wanna make gold just through pets i just thought if there is an old raid that drops maybe 3 pets that sell for 500g+ each. if that exists it is worth it for me just doing this raid once a week.

i heard sunwell drops 3 pets that all sell on the auction house. is this true or no? is there any other raid that also drops multiple pets that you can sell? i just sold the abyssal pet from the black temple boss but if only 1 pet drops in the entire raid i think its not worth it for me to go there.

- - - Updated - - -

so i reasearched a bit and it seems that raids that drop multiple pets which are ON the ah for a decent amount of gold (not sure if they sell but i think sometime they will) are:

-AQ40 (Imperator, Viscidus)
    -Karazhan
    -SSC
    -Hyjal
    -Black Temple
    -Sunwell

Im not sure how high the droprates are and so if its even worth it to go there once a week across multiple characters for the CHANCE of a pet.
    How often do these things drop?

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't that high of a drop rate, but you can vendor all the crap you get from bosses/trash and make quite a decent amount of gold as well.
    You're a towel.

Who pays 5k for a pet? Within the past month or two I paid 9k for a Tiny Blue Carp, 21k for the Ethereal Soul Trader, I currently have a 9k bid in on a Tiny White Carp, bought Sunblade Micro Defender for 5k, Fragment of Suffering for 6k...

As for rares that sell, it varies. Any pet that's fairly hard to get are likely to sell, ones with a low drop rate(like the MoP raids) or ones that require a fairly annoying amount of time to farm(Hyjal Wisp doesn't have a high drop rate and it requires you to drag ass through the entire annoying Hyjal raid) being the most likely candidates.

I bought my Ethereal Soul-Trader for 17k and sold my 2 extra Guardian Cubs (lvl 25) for 26k each...

I would. Hyjal still has some really irritating bugs. My last run took over 2 hours because of the glitches that make the encounters come to a screeching halt. Not a single pet dropped, so I gladly forked over the few thousand it took to buy all of the pets from the raid (I've got over a million gold, most of which came from this x-pack, so why not?).

10+ Year Old Account
    The fishing pets, the raid pets, the timeless isle pets. Leviathan off Na'jentus still sells for 800-900 for me, that's an extra 4K (almost guarantee drop) towards most pricy pets!

It's why I'm fairly broke.

Since my 1st lvl25 pet back in end of december 2014 im currently on 676 pets, also have all tradable ones and median EU price for all level lvl1 tradable pets is about 2mil gold (mind median, doesnt mean it does sell for that much). If i remember correctly my most expensive pet was nightsaber cub that i payed 45k for it, i know i could get it probably at least 10k cheaper but since it was my last tradable pet i needed for collection i was willing to pay that much... There is quiet a few pets i payed around ~20k+ for them like TCG ones, very rear drops like darkmoon rabbit, hatespark (35k since i sold 1st one on some other server to buy... yes pets!), paying 10k+ for rare drop is kinda normal (ji-kun hatcling, spineclaw crab, crawling claw...) . But yeh some prices are funny, last week i saw darkmoon zepplin for 60k in AH, then some guy where selling it in trade and claming 20k as "cheap", since its 60k on AH, pet is wroth like 3k tops since its pretty easy to get...

I make a fair bit buying low & selling high, espec if you can level them to 25, chrominius is great, PWS is too, Anub

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    The fishing pets, the raid pets, the timeless isle pets. Leviathan off Na'jentus still sells for 800-900 for me, that's an extra 4K (almost guarantee drop) towards most pricy pets!

It's why I'm fairly broke.
    The only reason I really bother doing all the garrison stuff I do is because of the money it brings in, which I turn around and spend on pets with. Won my Tiny White Carp for 9k earlier, completing my carp set.

I've been selling my sky-bo's for quite a bit.

Elekk Plushie. Use a stone on it to make it rare and then use the other stones to lvl it to 24. It'll sell for a lot because there are achievements tied to it. One is to level it to 25.

Deleted
    i sold my Hate Spark the Tiny for 75k then bought another for 25k. Trying to get 150k no i've got him to 25 lol

Any pets from the current Raiding With Leashes achievement addition sell for a lot, and are fairly easy to get. I know the Stinkrot and Wretched Servant are good sellers, and all the Fragment pets sell fast, and for handsome amount, due to people trying to collect the rarer ones.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I bought my Ethereal Soul-Trader for 17k and sold my 2 extra Guardian Cubs (lvl 25) for 26k each...
    Sometimes for fun I would PvP with a team of three speed breed Darkmoon Rabbits. It would catch people off guard and actually win more often than not.