Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You say there's no content. I ask what were missing other than scenarios/dailies. 2 things no one ever liked. It's not a straw man, it's me calling out you whiners who just need something to bitch about.
    And we still have dailies/weeklies. Just not a stupid amount of mandatory ones.

Tell me what we're missing. Right now. And if you say more 5 mans, a new bg, dailies or scenarios, I'm just going to laugh at you.
    Again, quit being purposefully dense and ignoring the legitimate criticisms. What little existing content there is has no longevity. Thus resulting in us having less content than before.

It's not a hard concept, so I don't see why you're struggling with it.

Again, you're simply comparing checklists without giving any in-depth thought to the way players are interacting with the world. Stop it, it's a shitty argument, and reveals that you're not thinking too hard about this.

You can't answer my question of what content that we would otherwise be busy and happy with is missing and IM the troll. k.
    Interestingly enough, you've failed to answer any of the criticisms brought up against your arguments. You keep regurgitating the same fallacious garbage, over and over. Blizzard doesn't need fellated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    He's a troll, just ignore him.
    I think it's more of an ignorance. Unless I'm mistaken, they bashed the hell out of MoP while I defended it, now the tables have turned, but I've become more accepting of others having different opinions since then, hence why I'm not telling them they shouldn't like WoD, I just wish they'd accept that others have different opinions.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-03-30 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Again, quit being purposefully dense and ignoring the legitimate criticisms. What little existing content there is has no longevity. Thus resulting in us having less content than before.

It's not a hard concept, so I don't see why you're struggling with it.

Again, you're simply comparing checklists without giving any in-depth thought to the way players are interacting with the world. Stop it, it's a shitty argument, and reveals that you're not thinking too hard about this.

Interestingly enough, you've failed to answer any of the criticisms brought up against your arguments. You keep regurgitating the same fallacious garbage, over and over. Blizzard doesn't need fellated.

I said WoD isn't perfect. But people are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over exaggerating how bad things are. Like, by a ridiculous amount. Which is why it's obvious people just need something to whine about. They did a bunch of good things in WoD, things people ignore. There is as much to do in the game as there ever has been, if not more. Difference between WoD and other expansions is that WoD doesn't take up all of your play time with the mandatory tasks. It lets you knock those things out and then do what you want. That's why people feel bored, because they aren't having their time wasted by mandatory timesinks.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2015-03-30 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think it's more of an ignorance. Unless I'm mistaken, they bashed the hell out of MoP while I defended it, now the tables have turned, but I've become more acceptant of others having different opinions since then, hence why I'm not telling them they shouldn't like WoD, I just wish they'd accept that others have different opinions.
    How can you bash MoP but not WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    How can you bash MoP but not WoD?
    I said I'm being more accepting of others opinions! I won't fall for this!

But I do have a hard time understanding honestly.

Difference between WoD and other expansions is that WoD doesn't take up all of your play time with the mandatory tasks. It lets you knock those things out and then do what you want. That's why people feel bored, because they aren't having their time wasted by mandatory timesinks.
    Garrisons are just as mandatory as dailies were.
    Should of just removed all valor gear being available only through rep like they did, but still have the daily hubs. Heck, maybe even do what Cataclysm had, and each rep has an epic you can buy with gold.

Sub numbers won't lie.

I don't care about listing stuff out anymore, I'll just say I have lesser things to do.

In fact, I just have the garrisons giving me stuff to do and I ignore them because I don't play farmville.

To the people who love pet battles, pvp, ashran, good for them.

Should of just removed all valor gear being available only through rep like they did, but still have the daily hubs. Heck, maybe even do what Cataclysm had, and each rep has an epic you can buy with gold.
    Yes but garrisons take a fraction of the time. You can do it on all your toons and still have time to play, unlike MoP dailies.

Yes but garrisons take a fraction of the time. You can do it on all your toons and still have time to play, unlike MoP dailies.
    Except they're still a time sink and a gold sink too that remain relevant. MoP dailies weren't as mandatory after LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me what we're missing. Right now. And if you say more 5 mans, a new bg, dailies or scenarios, I'm just going to laugh at you.
    Being sanctimonious doesn't make you right.

>5-mans. None of them are worth doing and have zero longevity in WoD. You can get a perfectly doable set of gear from losing Battlegrounds to run LFR in, and if you're not terrible, DPS can use BG blues for Normal raiding. The artificial Proving Grounds gating did nothing to keep bad players out of Heroics, and the removal of Valor and Valor gear killed any reason to run it once you're kitted out in 630 gear or LFR gear. Design failed. The problem with Valor gear in MoP was that it was locked behind reputations locked behind dailies; not Valor gear itself.

>Battlegrounds. Every expansion prior introduced new PvP maps to play in. Draenor itself offers a bevy of beautiful art kits to build BGs and Arenas with, but Blizzard decided they couldn't be bothered to come up with mechanics that could take advantage of, say, a Blackrock siege factory and instead released the neutered queuefest they called Ashran.

>Dailies. Like Valor gear, dailies aren't an inherent evil. Allowing players to gather a set of rep gear from doing dailies was perfectly fine in BC and Wrath; where MoP dropped the ball was, again, in merging rep gear with Valor gear. Draenor's Timeless Isle-style world content is irrelevant with a map addon and two weeks of focused play.

>Scenarios. While they don't have the same longevity as other forms of content, a quick three-man smashfest would at least be something to do on alts to gear up for LFR/Heroics, and Heroic Scenarios could have benefited from Draenor's random gear upgrades.

>Reps. Draenor lobotomized reputations so badly that Timbermaw Hold provides more of value to a level 100 character and a more dynamic grind. Even in TBC, you could gather rep by running 5-mans (oh look! Something else to inject some badly-needed longevity into 5-man content!) and it offered gear rewards. Draenor reps are a giant case of "Why bother?" considering they offer nothing of value but continuing to bloat your tabard collection when inventory and bank space is fast becoming an issue for collectors, mount recolors that you can obtain just by facerolling Stables quests, and for-fun items that should have been made into Toys or on-use items, but for some reason take up a Trinket slot you wouldn't waste on them if we had ten slots to equip Trinkets in.

>World content. This is the big kahuna--aside from Garrisons, there's no world content with any honest longevity. Rare mobs are usually a one-and-done affair, and the ones who aren't offer yet more lazy mount recolors or weapons barely worth the time to kill the mob. The treasures are even worse--most of them just offer a few resources (irrelevant with a level 3 Garrison, a level 3 Mine, and a Trading Post), a blue weapon roughly on-par with an Honor weapon, or a toy. Many of them are hidden behind jumping puzzles with terrible collision and unintuitive terrain, and quickly become not worth the time investment (why bother, when you can just lose battlegrounds and get a better weapon?). Even if one were to focus and get every single chest, we're talking a couple weeks' investment doing a few chests a day, tops.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I said WoD isn't perfect. But people are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over exaggerating how bad things are. Like, by a ridiculous amount. Which is why it's obvious people just need something to whine about. They did a bunch of good things in WoD, things people ignore. There is as much to do in the game as there ever has been, if not more. Difference between WoD and other expansions is that WoD doesn't take up all of your play time with the mandatory tasks. It lets you knock those things out and then do what you want. That's why people feel bored, because they aren't having their time wasted by mandatory timesinks.
    Ok i'll bite, what are all these wonderful things WoD has brought us that we ignore?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Ok i'll bite, what are all these wonderful things WoD has brought us that we ignore?
    All kinds of stuff that's meaningless in terms of actual character progression, i.e. garrison stuff, i.e. everything outside of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Selfie Cameras, Facebook games in-game , Twitter integration , cash mounts and meth farming.

The 'learn to rpg' part was actually the key. What we're seeing is people that don't like RPGs, so they feel like there's nothing to do. People don't know how to actually make their own fun anymore.

Ummm...im an RPG fan (both VG and classic pen & paper) and even I think WoD is bad.

Please dont speak for us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Most of the endgame content revolves around garrisons, the campaign, your dailies, professions, ect.

Almost every streamer I watch, when they aren't doing anything, they are running in circles around there garrison.

Because of this WoW feels more like a single player game with online components.

They gambled big time with Wod, and lost EVERYTHING. The only thing they really succeeded with in WoD, was the raiding, which is why this expansion should be called World of Warcraft: RoD (Raid or Die.)
    Um..........if you say so, I raid, my friends raid...........still only mine and herb also get our free stone.........I don't see how end game "revolves around garrisons".

- - - Updated - - -

No, they really aren't mandatory, you can leave them alone once you complete the quest to build it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your mandatory time sink was somebody else's game play. In order to appease your desire to do nothing but the smallest sliver of content because you have no self control and suffer from a severe case of obsessive compulsive disorder the developers gutted everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Your mandatory time sink was somebody else's game play. In order to appease your desire to do nothing but the smallest sliver of content because you have no self control and suffer from a severe case of obsessive compulsive disorder the developers gutted everything else.
    Correct me if I am wrong but.............weren't you on here in MoP complaining about everything back then as well? Yeah kind of what I thought.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Now I remember why I stop coming in threads like this. You people don't know wtf you're talking about. No wonder you don't know how to play WoW. I'll be happy to make a list of new and improved things WoD offers when I'm at a computer. Not that it will matter because I'm sure it will be dismissed as not content, or something you don't personally like, therefore it sucks.

Just continue to bitch and moan about imaginary things. I'll be actually enjoying the game. Perhaps you'll reach that level one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post

Your post is a joke and you're obviously lashing out over personal issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I remember why I stop coming in threads like this. You people don't know wtf you're talking about. No wonder you don't know how to play WoW.
    Says the guy that's under the impression that content is simply checking off boxes.

For the record, checking off the "Dungeons" box doesn't mean a thing when they have no longevity. But hey, I must not know "wtf" I'm talking about. (Because taking more than a cursory glance at content is for people who don't know how to play WoW).

P.S. WoW isn't a sandbox game, there is a right way to play and a wrong way to play. Your mindless babbling about "Muh RPG experience" is irrelevant to today's WoW. People who play the game correctly seem to be of the opinion that WoD lacks content.

- - - Updated - - -

Your post is a joke
    Less so than those arguments you've put forwards thus far.

Just continue to bitch and moan about imaginary things.
    We are bitching about imaginary things. That's our entire point, the content in this game is practically fucking "imaginary." If you don't get it (As you seem to have missed the most obvious criticisms of your arguments), I'm saying that the content is imaginary because it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    P.S. WoW isn't a sandbox game, there is a right way to play and a wrong way to play. Your mindless babbling about "Muh RPG experience" is irrelevant to today's WoW. People who play the game correctly seem to be of the opinion that WoD lacks content.
    While I don't agree with him at all, I don't agree with this either. That's what made pandaria so damn great - it was the closest you came to a sandbox gameplay. You had all kinds of options to do in that game.

That's suposed to be the tagline of Blizzard's advertizing: What's YOUR game - that's the point, you play it YOUR way. One girl I know just plays to collect mounts... is that "the wrong way"?

Problem is both you and him have your own individual playstyles, and can't see that others also have their own as well... and it just so happens that one of them is more popular than the other, hence the massive lash-back responses currently of its absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    No, they really aren't mandatory, you can leave them alone once you complete the quest to build it.
    Oh, I'm absolutely sure War Mill/Dwarven Bunkers and Gladiator's Sanctums aren't considered must haves for the respective groups at all.

Or you know, that to maximum your efforts you have to send out your followers constantly.

But no, not mandatory at all.