Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I wasn't comparing WoD to MoP, hell I wasn't even complaining that much about WoD, if anything I praised the story and thats why I said I thought WoD had less content. Which it does
    Less bgs
    Less arenas
    Less dungeons
    No scenarios
    Less dailies
    But this isn't the point of the thread, and I don't want a flame war started over it.
    But word has more bgs and arenas than vanilla BC wrath and cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    LFR was always easy mode, you never had to pay attention to mechanics for crap, the only thing that made it even REMOTELY challenging was all the morons in it.
    I seem to remember many people complaining about LFR in MoP and Durumu. I think ignoring those mechanics pretty much just wiped the entire raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    I seem to remember many people complaining about LFR in MoP and Durumu. I think ignoring those mechanics pretty much just wiped the entire raid.
    Again, it wasn't LFR that was difficult it was the morons in it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Again, it wasn't LFR that was difficult it was the morons in it.
    You can say that about normal raiding as well. The most difficult part about raiding has always been coordinating the actions of 24 other people. That doesn't change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You can't put changes to the game onto players. The devs are responsible for listening *and* advancing the game *intelligently* based on what they hear.
    Problem is that the dumbest people are usually the loudest and the most numerous, so that's what Blizz hears and that's what they base their "improvements" on. I don't remember a single occasion where Blizz would have heeded intelligent criticism. Blizz acts like spineless politicians.

Folks often say "Blizz listened to all the whiners, that why X is bad". From what I've seen the problem with WoD in terms of our discontent over...content (lul) is that they DON'T listen to ANYTHING we say. Quality feedback all over the place, players that care deeply about this game improving and progressing for another 10 years but we are just not in the Blizz universe.

You can say they listened to whiners till you're blue in the face, as I see it they listen to nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time I read someone saying that "LFR should be turned into tourist mode" I could retire. It's complete BS that no one asked for the reduction in difficulty. It wasn't necessarily the target audience for LFR that wanted it changed but it was very definitely a group that found a sympathetic ear in Irvine HQ.
    I think when a bunch of people got caught in a botting ban because they "needed a rotation bot to dps in lfr" i kind of lost my faith in the super casual player. Sadly some genuinely would love if there were "easy mode" servers at this point. Kind of a bummer really.

LFR was always easy mode, you never had to pay attention to mechanics for crap, the only thing that made it even REMOTELY challenging was all the morons in it.
    This, whenever I have a "bad" time in LFR I look at the combat logs and lo and behold, a not insignificant portion of the raid is not just performing poorly, but actually not even at the keyboard.

LFR is tuned around bad players, but it isn't tuned around half the raid being functionally absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti View Post
    LFR is tuned around bad players, but it isn't tuned around half the raid being functionally absent.
    Well, it is tuned that way now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    Well, it is tuned that way now.
    They might tune LFR harder again, wipes are a goldsink and the international bank of blizzard just opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    You can say that about normal raiding as well. The most difficult part about raiding has always been coordinating the actions of 24 other people. That doesn't change.
    At least normal raiders listen and don't tell each other to go die.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.