Thread: BM 4PC Question

15+ Year Old Account

BM 4PC Question

Fellow hunters,

so I'm running around with 4PC and wonder about my "rotation" (priority) outside of the initial pull.

Usually I stack up 5 frenzy, fire it when BW is ready (or about 10 seconds before CD comes off) and give those pesky critters hell.

Question due to the 4PC: fire BW whenever ready due to the extra pet it summons? Or stick to the 5 frenzy stack solution?

Side question: multi vs arcane shot on ST?

Hi Nairesha,

I believe the general rule is that if you have BW available you should use Focus Fire regardless of stacks before hitting BW. Generally you want to use BW as soon as you can so you can pray for more RNG resets with KC. If you know there is a phase coming up soon with a target needing bursting it can make sense to delay BW though.

Arcane shot for single target focus dumping.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi Aldare,

thanks, was wondering exactly about this as all guides state: stack up 5, then use it. But as you said and I wrote - the 4PC and possible reset via Kill Command would be more or less (RNG) wasted. Gonna have to test it next raid session.

Arcane Shot: yep, for dumping - however, with Multi your pet gets a damage boost, right?

Deleted
    no dmg boost. it just cleaves for a short amount of time. only makes sense to in fights where there are multiple targets.

Pretty sure there is no change in your totation/priorities when going from 2PC -> 4PC, it could as well be renamed to "increases all damage done by you and your pet by 8%". Unless you have bad luck, the it would be more like 6% :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ometius View Post
    Pretty sure there is no change in your totation/priorities when going from 2PC -> 4PC, it could as well be renamed to "increases all damage done by you and your pet by 8%". Unless you have bad luck, the it would be more like 6% :P
    Doesn't really answer the "stack up to 5 frenzy, then BW" vs "use BW as often as possible, as long as you have at least 1 stack frenzy"

Deleted
    use bw as soon as it comes off cd. if you have any frenzy stacks, use them then. ofc wait with bw if there is a phase where u need the burst. thats what i get out of azathorions guide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone Will do!

If you use Frenzy while BW is active does it have the same effect as using Frenzy before BW?

You can delay FF for more than 10s before BW (Azor's WA is set to hold 5 stack frenzy for between 19-10s before BW) to ensure full overlap between BW and FF. But you should not delay BW for FF
    Last edited by saistain; 2015-03-31 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chevmaro View Post
    If you use Frenzy while BW is active does it have the same effect as using Frenzy before BW?
    You waste a global during BW casting FF, so its a dps loss overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saistain View Post
    I wonder what guide you're reading that tells you to wait till 5 stack frenzy before popping BW
    They shouldn't, but there are select times when it is better to wait for a 5stack frenzy before popping BW.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    You waste a global during BW casting FF, so its a dps loss overall.
    Obviously this is true compared to using FF before BW, but would you also consider it a loss if you got a frenzy stack in the first couple GCDs of a BW? Would you just not pop it at all, or pop it for the ~6 seconds you'd get of BW?