Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lvling pets 1-25

Is there a one place i can go to do this or do i gotta constantly travel from zone to zone?

I know you used to be able to do this with certain encounters from the pet menagerie in the garrison, but it may have been nerfed, haven't tried it since 6.1...

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been finding it to be very easy to level a carry pet thru the draenor dailies. plus picking up some upgrade stones at the end with the tokens. its slow going at first, but if you can focus on leveling exactly the right pets for those dailies, it can be a breeze afterwards for all other lowbies.

using wowhead and looking up each zones pet trainer to see the strat, level those two pets (dont forget your Safari hat for 10% bonus), and score 3800-5500 XP points per carry pet afterwards. one single battle can get you from 1-12.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2015-03-30 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Trainer battles are still the fastest way. About 4 trainers battles in Pandaria or Draenor is your best option. If you have the Safari Hat, about 4 battles will take a level 1 pet - 24. Then buy a stone for 25. If you have Pet Treats, this is probably even faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I know you used to be able to do this with certain encounters from the pet menagerie in the garrison, but it may have been nerfed, haven't tried it since 6.1...
    XP gain from the Pet Menagerie pet battles got the Paladin treatment (To the ground, baby!) in 6.1. No point at all in doing them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    XP gain from the Pet Menagerie pet battles got the Paladin treatment (To the ground, baby!) in 6.1. No point at all in doing them anymore.
    That's sad. Admittedly it was too good, but still sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can get a pet from 1-5 in Winterspring in one battle. Take 2 25 cats, or 2 25 foxes, plus your carry pet. Fight a rabbit. You should survive one round. Switch to cat and 1-shot everything else. Instant 5.

Then go to Draenor. A level 5 will survive one hit from something there. Using your 2 carry pets, kill everything and level the new pet to 25 in about 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    That's sad. Admittedly it was too good, but still sad.
    It was only too good because you could repeat it even without having the quest. Locking it to the quest only would have solved the problem way more effectively.

Have a lvl 3 menagerie? Use stones on a zandalari Kneebiter, darkmoon zep, and a Jade crane chick(if not do it the old fashioned way). All easy to get and cheap on the ah. Those 3+ hat+ both pet treats (they stack). Hop on an alt (so you can get exp while you do this) and head to the big dead dead thing some orcs made their base directly to the east of the horde garrison (gromgir?).
    Lead with zep into decoy into lvl 1 pet switch into switch out kill the enemies. Only need one battle each, after that they can take a hit and be switched out without the zep, then its kneebiter and jade crane to sweep and power level from then on.
    Bring bandages.
    Is it boring? Yup. But its efficient, you can level pets, work on the WoD pet achieves for the monument, get exp on alt, and stay in one area the whole time. Catch any blues you see for more achieves and release em if they 3/3 cap.
    Like others have said, dont use the garrison battles to level, we were having way too much fun, and that got nerfed. Get your charms/bags and get out as quick as possible.

except 1 combo that still rewards enough of XP that is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    except 1 combo that still rewards enough of XP that is worth it
    (Shhh...don't let people know!)

Anyone want to pm me or tell me the secret combo that still works!?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I do, not really helpful for people with too few alts...

I have a character parked at each pet trainer in pandaland and draenor(with safari hat... it's account wide so), use addon pet battle teams(very useful). i do this everyday, login alt, choose team from addon, put the pet I am levelling, finish... profit. takes roughly 20-30 minutes to finish all the trainers (ALL of them can be solo'd or 2 pet + a levelling).
    Everyday I get 5 pets from 1-25.

With my main and 4 garrison cash cows I do menag daily and upgrade pets to rare by buying stones with charms (1 upgrade stone every 2 days per character, and every 4 days from alts who are parked at WoD Trainers).

I got a anubisath idol from the raid and its labeled as H/H

Is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is there a one place i can go to do this or do i gotta constantly travel from zone to zone?
    Hi some tips are already given; you do not have to travel much, but it does help in getting some xp while catching new pets or just wining battles for achievement points. There are many clusters of pets in starting zones; Particularly in FFR.

My 2 cents for new pet battlers:

(If you have some aquatic pets / pandaren spirits or some other overpowered pet you've used before - chances are you already know what to do for levelling pets)

I started draenor pet battles from start of 6.1 - previously I had just 4-5 pets above level 10; Max pet level was 13.
    I don't play long sessions so I have not gotten down to going to different zone to level pets or collect specific pets. But I have managed to evel quite a few pets quickly w/o much effort.

1. Level up alts and this will give you 1 level 25 pet on reaching level 98 if you manage to beat the dailies. You just need 3 pets around level 12 to manage the starter quest. The more different level 25s you have, the more boosting pets you have to beat different trainers and dilies and level up low level pets. Use the level 25 upgrade on a rare pet

2. Use the level 25 pets to beat a few pets in FFR/SMV outside your garrison, this will net you some 21+ level pets which you can use to do dailies. For leveling purposes, look out for uncommon or rare varieties as you dont want to b stuck with a poor quality pet that can get 2-3 shot by other pets. You can even use the dreanor starting pet battles to boost some of your low level pets - and I think you get more xp if your low level pet makes the last killing blow. Then get some pets from other zones. FFR will give you Icespire Hatchlings; twighlight wasps; The wasps are great for many pet battles in draenor. SMV gives Royal moth and water fly.

3. By now you can do the dailies with you assortment of level 21+ pets. More level 25s, and more rares, will make it a lot easier. This will net you pet charms. You can also do the dailies from 6.1 npc that comes at your menagerie. This is about 12 charms.

4. The only other traveling you need to do is goto SMV and beat the pet tamer over there (Ashley?). This tamer has an Elek Plusshie on her team - which is a free kill. 4 easy charms. (FFR's pet tamer is a bitch for starters)

5. Buy mystery bags for getting 1-2 pet charms and level your pets as you please. You can choose the bag that upgrades a pet to rare quality if you want but it does have a higher cost.

All of this can be done with minimal traveling, and its even easier if you are alliance. If you have more time and are already doing some traveling here and there for pet battles, you'll level pets in no time.

Well, they finally seem to count towards the pet battle monument. Fairly sure they didn't count before.

Deleted
    Glad I took a day before the patch went live to level a shit ton of pets. Got about 80 lvel 25 pets now. I just level using the battle stones I get from the erris daily thing. Another level 25 every passively every 8 days isn't so bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Well, they finally seem to count towards the pet battle monument. Fairly sure they didn't count before.
    Huh? They didn't before, so it'd be a decent trade-off if they do now. It's even JSA-day during the Easter weekend...

Ok can someone either tell me the secret combo or explain what jsa day is? Google has not been helpful!

The one combo that still works for leveling pets is Deebs/Tyri/Puzzle. Details can be found here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/communit...hp?f=3&t=13464. They'll be in the menagerie this Saturday.

JSA day refers to Jahan, Samm, and Archimedes. They're a set of three birds who can be easily taken down by Nexus Whelplings and used to be a very quick way to level pets before pet exp got nerfed to the ground. They're still good for doing quick battles for the pet battle monument. Additionally, if you want to multitask, they're good for leveling alts at the same time. Just find a friend (or look in the group finder for someone) with a menagerie and go to their garrison. That comes up next Saturday.