Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Nothing about Bladestorm on Maidens is padding. I'm not sure what word you mean to use (sub optimal on two targets perhaps) but padding isn't the right one.
    Playing sub-optimally in order to look better on the DPS meters is padding, it's almost the exact definition of padding! (the only way it could be worse would be if it was an iron council type fight where the damage was nullified due to the other bosses resetting HP when one dies).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Playing sub-optimally in order to look better on the DPS meters is padding, it's almost the exact definition of padding! (the only way it could be worse would be if it was an iron council type fight where the damage was nullified due to the other bosses resetting HP when one dies).
    Only bladestorm won't make you look any better on the meters compared to bloodbath. If I got this correctly bloodbath is just more damage overall for this fight and really there is nothing to pad on the fight since all need to die.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    Only bladestorm won't make you look any better on the meters compared to bloodbath. If I got this correctly bloodbath is just more damage overall for this fight and really there is nothing to pad on the fight since all need to die.
    Not quite, correctly used bladestorms will do slightly more damage over the course of the fight than correctly used bloodbaths, the reason you shouldn't do it however is because the fight basically consists of a couple of repeated yawn phases before the important nuke phase at the end. Basically, in the important part of the fight single target nuking is important and AOE is not. A lot of warriors seem to run BS and/or ravager on this fight purely because on progression it makes their numbers look great, despite the fact that BB/AM or others would yield more damage in the DPS race part of the fight.

At the time of writing the number 9 ranked arms warrior on mythic maidens was running bladestorm/ravager for padding.

Not quite, correctly used bladestorms will do slightly more damage over the course of the fight than correctly used bloodbaths, the reason you shouldn't do it however is because the fight basically consists of a couple of repeated yawn phases before the important nuke phase at the end. Basically, in the important part of the fight single target nuking is important and AOE is not. A lot of warriors seem to run BS and/or ravager on this fight purely because on progression it makes their numbers look great, despite the fact that BB/AM or others would yield more damage in the DPS race part of the fight.

At the time of writing the number 9 ranked arms warrior on mythic maidens was running bladestorm/ravager for padding.
    Perhaps when you are progressing on maidens and are having difficulty on the 100 to 20 percent of the fight, blade storm can help you reach there faster, but once u reach the last few minutes of the fight you'll feel the need for that extra damage to nuke through the maidens.

I think using HC rankings is completely irrelevant, I was 99% last night on HC using TFB/AM/BB and it would not have made much of a difference what talents I used because fight length and other non-spec related factors (including but not limited to crit/ms/2set RNG) are much more of an influencing factor in dps/ranking. But with that said, that is the talent setup I'd always use for this fight.

Sudden Death works too, but TFB keeps you rage capped for maximum uninterupted spammage, and a smoother execute phase.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I'm sorry but that isn't the definition of padding, and it isn't the correct context either. It isn't wasted damage. It is simply a sub-optimal talent. It is however an easier talent (for many) to use than Bloodbath on that type of fight. In a similar vein, many Warriors use Dragon Roar over Storm Bolt for single target because it is quite simply easier to use. This doesn't make it padding, simply sub-optimal.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I really wish people would stop using that word with an improper definition. Someone may argue "poe-tay-toe/poe-tah-toe" (that doesn't really work in written form does it?); but the point of these forums is to educate and inform and that doesn't only extend to what talents to use when or how to do top DPS.

Nothing about Bladestorm on Maidens is padding. I'm not sure what word you mean to use (sub optimal on two targets perhaps) but padding isn't the right one.
    People throw that word around nowadays for anything that does ae damage. It's "obviously" padding. Smh

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry but that isn't the definition of padding, and it isn't the correct context either. It isn't wasted damage. It is simply a sub-optimal talent. It is however an easier talent (for many) to use than Bloodbath on that type of fight. In a similar vein, many Warriors use Dragon Roar over Storm Bolt for single target because it is quite simply easier to use. This doesn't make it padding, simply sub-optimal.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I really wish people would stop using that word with an improper definition. Someone may argue "poe-tay-toe/poe-tah-toe" (that doesn't really work in written form does it?); but the point of these forums is to educate and inform and that doesn't only extend to what talents to use when or how to do top DPS.
    ^^ what he said

10+ Year Old Account
    Back on topic, guys. Not a discussion on padding, or wasted damage. It is specifically talent choices for Mythic Maidens.

Might as well start locking threads that have been answered then, because there's very little left to talk about.